U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 11,840 times

Advertisements

the problem is caused by an overzealous and corrupt political authority in Kalispell (and other Montana jurisdictions, but especially high in Kalispell/Flathead County). Might want to read my other posts and visit my blog for more info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy77 View Post
No one is responding to my post about the sex offenders. I love Montana. Went to school at the U of M Missoula. I want to live in the flathead valley because of the awesome combination of lakes, rivers, mountains and wildlife. But there is an abnormally high concentration of sex offenders in Kalispell which doesn't bode well for my family and children. I am wondering if there is a statistical anomaly or something which for some reason shows a high concentration of offenders even though it is actually on par with other cities and states. Or is there really a bunch of offenders there. Is there an authority here or someone you might know who can explain this? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 01:10 PM

Bravo!! I have to say, seeing a positive stand is refreshing! Even though the statistics in Kalispell, MT are skewed by a high percentage of false convictions just to boost federal funding opportunities, and to give the people something to fear in order to keep the corrupt empowered, even for the ones who are genuinely guilty, do you realize that national statistics show that sex offenders have the lowest recidivism rate of any crime?! Next time you want to worry about something, worry about the junkie who will rob you, or the punk wannabe who will assault you just to impress his buddies, or the guy who will shoot at you for walking in front of his door. It's insane the level of misinformation that is out there, and worse, how gullible most people really are... This is just a witch hunt, people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No body is refuting it because it may or may not be true or concern them. Just because someone's on the list doesn't mean that A. They actually live there and haven't moved or B. Did something YOU need to worry about.
I would be more concerned about child abductions and murder/assaults if it were me. Can you look at that list and tell me when the last non-parental child abduction happened? I can tell you... NEVER! Can you tell me when the last kid was murdered? I can, NEVER!
I'm sorry if I sound a little terse but this is not the first time this has come up and it never ceases to amaze me that the latest social hype/news fad gets people all wound up about nothing. 75 people (if there are truely 75) in an area as big as this is really not that big a deal. If it was 75 murderers then I'd be more worried since people who kill can kill anyone anytime anywhere without knowing them.
History shows over and over again you have more to worry about from the people YOU KNOW like friends and family than a stranger doing something to your family. So, if you want to protect your kids watch Uncle joey, Aunt Sally, the kids best friends etc. not worry about some "list" that is most probably way out of date as are most things in this state.

I have a child and moved here SPECIFICALLY because it's safer than most other places. I haven't met a parent here yet that's not totally comfortable about letting their kidlets out in the morning and not seeing them until dark or take the bus to the mountain all day or float the river.
If your that worrried, move outside of town so your away from it.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Or: c. There is a grossly disproportionate number of convictions that are not happening anywhere else in the country. As I have said elsewhere on this thread, there are no grand juries or probable cause hearings in Montana, and Kalispell takes advantage of this to throw anyone with any accusation against them in jail for months (I spent 16 months in jail before I was allowed a trial - and denied any opportunity to challenge probable cause no matter how hard I demanded it!) until they can coerce confessions. So consider not whether they are a high number of offenders in Kalispell, MT, but instead whether there is a reason for such a high number of convictions that do not reflect any other national jurisdiction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy77 View Post
I have compared Kalispell to many other cities around the nation and there is a huge statistical difference. Kalispell seems to have a massive amount of sex offenders per capita. This leads me to believe that either a. Kalispell is counting and recording their offenders differently than other areas, or b. there really is an alarmingly high number of offenders in the area. For example: Minneapolis (POP 400,000) has 106 offenders or 3516 - 1. Kalispell (POP 20,000) has 97 offenders or 191 - 1! Kalispell has the same number of offenders as Minneapolis! Like jimj I would like to move my family to NW Montana, but I would never move my family to an area that I know is a sex offender magnet. I hope other people are curious about this and look into it because it's your valley. I currently live in Duluth, MN (POP 80,000) and there are only 17 offenders or 4987 - 1.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM

18,696 posts, read 36,385,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonGlick View Post
In Montana, we don't have the tiered felony classes that most states have (ie, Class 1, Class 2, etc). And our listings are not by offense, but by tier level - Montana law requires *all* offenders Tier 1 and higher to be listed (there is no such thing as a Tier 0 - take their psychosecual evaluation, convicted of a sex offense or not, and you *will* be classified as a Level 1 sex offender in MT) - it is a list maintained by the Department of Corrections in Helena, MT, not by local community reporting, as well. Therefore, the statistics you see online are legitimate and accurately reflect the exhorbitant numbers of convicted citizens for this level of crime in Montana.

Please do not try to make excuses for this - the system here is able to act this way because people say, "Well, the statistics must be wrong" or simply try to explain away the impossibility of it all. Do that, and the corrupt Good Ol' Boy system keeps doing what is doing, and imprisoning thousands of innocent people each year!
Imprisoned "Thousands of inocent people". hahahahah Give me a break. The reporting is dead wrong. Live with it.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]

Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 PM

45 posts, read 95,683 times
Sex Offenders are EVERYWHERE...they live right next to parks and schools!
They have more rights then the kids!
This really burns me.
So its not just there it is in every rural town and urban town the same!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,811,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonGlick View Post
There is a reason for the perverted statistics you see in national standards: Montana uses the taboo against sex offenses, coupled with blatant denial of constitutional liberties to its citizens (no grand juries, no probable cause challenges, extended incarcerations without trial to compel confessions, etc) to railroad their own citizens into false ocnvictions in order to bolster their ranks and take advantage of federal funding opportunities. It is the prison-for-profit system wrung out to the extreme.
This pre-existing system is also a method corrupt officials use to imprison political dissidents, ie, anyone who speaks out against their corruption. I myself sued Kalispell and was ultimately railroaded through a false conviction of sexual assault after they kidnapped my girlfriend's daughts and isolated them under threats and intimidation for three weeks in order to coerce one of them to say I touched her one time inappropriately.
What I don't get is why would the authorities "kidnap" your girlfriends daughter for three weeks to try to coerce her to say something against you?

Did you try to sue the city for something before the sexual assault charges? If so for what?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
What I don't get is why would the authorities "kidnap" your girlfriends daughter for three weeks to try to coerce her to say something against you?

Did you try to sue the city for something before the sexual assault charges? If so for what?
Timber, I've got a feeling he's using hyperbole to describe family disservices removal of the kids (probably to a foster home or group home) as a "kidnapping". I'd also guess that investigators both police and family services repeatedly asked them what happened, kept up the "tell us the truth and we'll get past this and y'all can go back to your family" type stuff. It has been reported some times the kids just say what they think the people want to hear to shut 'em up and go home (they think).
These are all just guesses gleaned from many articles and stories written on this subject describing such behavior.
With no first hand knowledge of the case or people involved no one can truly say what happened BUT, this is the 3rd case I've heard of recently so it does make ya wonder.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 AM

1,219 posts, read 2,811,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Timber, I've got a feeling he's using hyperbole to describe family disservices removal of the kids (probably to a foster home or group home) as a "kidnapping". I'd also guess that investigators both police and family services repeatedly asked them what happened, kept up the "tell us the truth and we'll get past this and y'all can go back to your family" type stuff. It has been reported some times the kids just say what they think the people want to hear to shut 'em up and go home (they think).
These are all just guesses gleaned from many articles and stories written on this subject describing such behavior.
With no first hand knowledge of the case or people involved no one can truly say what happened BUT, this is the 3rd case I've heard of recently so it does make ya wonder.
I did a little bit of digging, and it seems that Mr. Glick has several online dating profiles, and a blog documenting his plight. Looking at some of the profiles I can understand how he could be "red flagged" by detectives.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 AM

111 posts, read 398,424 times
First, I want to say that I'm not from Montana and have no interest at the moment in living there, but I was in Kalispell recently and would love to go back for a visit, which is why I'm even on the Montana board.

Sex offenders really are EVERYWHERE. The registry makes people believe that they should only be afraid of people on the list, but as many people on this board have already pointed out, your kids are more likely to be hurt by Uncle Joe than they are by Bobby a 2 miles down the road. More often than not, the list is for the police, not the citizens. After all, if a 13 year old girl goes missing and a known sex offender lives or works in the area that she was last seen, then guess who the police will focus their investigation on. I'm talking about a case where the girl disappears on her way home from someplace. If she disappears from home, then the parents may or may not be looked at first. The registry is something that is supposed to make us feel safer because we know the types of people that live in the neighborhood.

Since I'm not from Montana, I can't comment on Montana law. I can comment on Indiana law though and give a pretty good example of how the registry isn't a good example of the types of people living around you. My cousin was a senior in high school and started dating a sophomore. He was 17 at the time and she was 15. After dating for a few months, he turned 18 and she was still 15. One night, they have sex. Now in Indiana, 16 is the age of consent. They have sex, probably a few times actually, and she eventually gets pregnant while she is still 15. He steps up and wants to accept responsibility for his child. When he does though, since he's 18 and the girl is 15, the police get involved. He eventually gets charged with Sexual Misconduct with a Minor. He pleads guilty because he didn't want to go to jail, but of course he knew that he'd have to register as a sex offender. Now, he is 25, the girl is 22, and they've been happily married for 2 years now and have a beautiful daughter, who is 6, and have another baby on the way in a few months. He's on the list for the rest of his life because he had sex with a girl that he was madly in love with. Did he make an error in judgment? Yes. Should he be looked at differently for the rest of his life because of that error? In my opinion, no.

Not so long ago, there was a girl that went missing in the area. She was 13 or 14, but I believe she was actually 13. My cousin, who both lives and works in the area that she was last seen in, became a target of the police investigation. Fortunately for my cousin, he was at work at the time she disappeared and his boss backed him up that he couldn't have possibly left without it being noticed that he was gone. Also fortunately, the girl had just gotten mad after a fight with one of her parents and ran off to a friends to stay. Basically, she ran away from home. Under different circumstances, my cousin could have been looking at serious charges being pressed against him just because his name appears on a list.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM

189 posts, read 293,422 times
What I find frightening about this thread is NOT the sex offenders in Kalispell, but the way that some people are describing the police there. I am still planning to move to MT, and I was considering somewhere near Kalispell. But the LAST thing I want is to move somewhere that has corrupt ******* cops who are more concerned with padding their numbers and extracting revenue than protecting the life, liberty, and property of those they serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana