U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-29-2011, 02:06 PM

17,921 posts, read 22,668,850 times

Advertisements

Although there are probably some bad cops there, I think most police officers are not corrupt.

Police officers are a tool used by many. By citizens, by store owners, by daycare officials, by school officials, and by Family Services. Police don't drive around in their cars looking for sex offenders. They are sent by one of the above to investigate a problem. Maybe a day care worker reported a strange bruise on a child and the child doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe a school official reports something overheard in a coversation between two friends.

Police don't go looking, family services sends them to investigate. I'm sure there are times when family services don't send them but I would bet that family services was notified of something and then used the police as their tool

When I was in California I had a neighbor that was turned in by a check out lady at the local grocery store. A guy bought groceries and his daughter was with him. Daughter had a black eye from wrestling with another sister. However, when the check stand lady asked her, "Oh my, what happened to your eye", the girl thought she would be cute and said, "Don't ever say no to my daddy." She giggled and left. The man had used a check so the check stand lady had name, address, phone number to the guy, so she called the police. Police notified family services and with family services in tow they went to the house. First thing, family services separated the kids and took them away. Then they started asking questions of the dad. After 2 weeks of the kids being held elsewhere, they determined that dad wasn't lieing, the kid was telling the truth about wrestling with her sister and the kids were returned. 2 weeks they were held. Very traumatic for kids and parents. Then family services was afraid the dad would retaliate with the girl, so family services visited twice a week for about a month.

So it happens, but the police did their job and investigated. If you stand back and look at it, it was all done properly for the safety of the kids. But think about it, what if Dad had done it and after the police and family services took the kids away, they thought the child was lieing and that father was lieing now.

BTW, I don't make excuses, I just tell it like it is.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 06-29-2011 at 02:36 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,654 posts, read 11,752,761 times
Generally I don't fault the street cops, they do their jobs for the most part without issue (except when it comes to tickets). I do take issue with the detectives, district attorneys etc. It's my opinion Detectives get jaded and/or lazy and in my opinion just look for the easiest close to get another case off their books not necessarily the correct one.
Then add in the bias cases like this generate not to mention the public hysteria whipped up by the press and you've got an explosive mix that destroys even the innocent. I've seen DA's load up charges, even one's that there's no evidence on just so they have a chance of one sticking. I asked about this and was told that in Kalispell even if the DA realizes the case is a hummer (bogus,or not prosecutable) they will proceed anyway. They will never admit they could've been wrong and drop charges which I was told is because they're afraid of false arrest suits. They'll press it until you either cop a deal or are let loose after trial or are nailed on one of the piled up charges.

Once accused you're done. Period. End of story.
I'm aware of one recent case there where the person won at trial, was found not guilty. Guess what? Lost his job, lost his house, his wife lost her job and they couldn't find any new ones. Nobody around them would talk to them again either.
Had to leave the state, totally broke from paying attorney fees etc. to move on with life and start over.
That sucks...

Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM

9 posts, read 7,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
What I don't get is why would the authorities "kidnap" your girlfriends daughter for three weeks to try to coerce her to say something against you?

Did you try to sue the city for something before the sexual assault charges? If so for what?
Must have missed either writing about that or you missed the post (I posted about ten responses in one day). I did in fact sue Kalispell, and two days later, they had abducted my girlfriend's daughters. Neither girl at the time of abduction said I did anything, and the youngest never broke under the threats and intimidations, but the elder wanted to go home and see her friends. The youngest, in fact, wrote letters to her mom telling her what the eldest was up to, which is the only reason I have any insight at all (CFS promptly moved the girls from Kalispell to Whitefish when they found out that the youngest had clandestine contact with her mother).
As for what, I sued Kalispell for defamation of character, harassment and official misconduct. I was a youth advocate, primarily for teenagers, for seven years, and the Kalispell Police Department was harassing and making inapprpriate advances upon the teenagers in the community, primarily the ones who "hung out" on the street corners at night. They saw an opportunity to harass and defame me, and I sued them for it. The local authorities interviewed the daughters the next day (in what was described to me later as aggressive interviews that left at least the eldest in tears), and when neither girl would allege I had ever done anything to them, CFS filed to have them removed the next day.
For more details on this whole issue, feel free to read my blog: The Great Montana Conspiracy
Thanks for responding and showing interest.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM

9 posts, read 7,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Imprisoned "Thousands of inocent people". hahahahah Give me a break. The reporting is dead wrong. Live with it.
Come live here. The reporting is dead on. Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for an evil man to succeed is for a good man to do nothing." So are you a good man doing nothing, or an evil man helping other evil men prevail?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 PM

17,921 posts, read 22,668,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonGlick View Post
Come live here. The reporting is dead on. Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for an evil man to succeed is for a good man to do nothing." So are you a good man doing nothing, or an evil man helping other evil men prevail?
I have lived there. Be careful with the innuendo's. I also used to work for the jail system. I know how the reporting is done. The results you see are loaded. Again, Thousands of innocent people??????

Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 AM

4,102 posts, read 2,968,054 times
whatever happened to brandy77 ? I wonder did she move to Montana.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,580,319 times
Maybe we have run the course on this particular thread...

Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM

1,337 posts, read 412,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy77 View Post
I have compared Kalispell to many other cities around the nation and there is a huge statistical difference.

RE: the huge statistical difference issue about sex offender lists:

That is in part because different localities have RADICALLY different methodology for how they maintain their lists.

Some localities list all offenders, even the lowest level people such as those who may have had the misfortune of taking a leak in the woods while hiking, whereas other localities only list the most extreme offenders (which depending on what you think their real motivations are for doing that is either because that locality thinks only the highest level offenders deserve to be on the list, or some people believe that some localities only do that to artificially deflate their numbers lending the false appearance that they have few offenders, when in reality they may have a lot, it's just that they don't list them).

Do you know how Kalispell lists the offenders on the list? Does it list all offenders, or does it list only the more dangerous classifications?

Last edited by FreedomThroughAnarchism; 07-13-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana