Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:12 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,954,638 times

Advertisements

Does anybody on here know what a "body slam" really is?
Apparently not.
Anybody who ever watched "professional" wrestling knows exactly what a "body slam" is. It is forbidden in High School wrestling. It is when one wrestler is lifted above shoulder height and is dropped on the mat. the reporter was NOT "body slammed"!
In fact, the reporter was technically tresspassing, in that he was in a room that he was not invited to, where he was not wanted, and refused to leave when told to do so. He acted in an entitled obnoxious manner (IMO), a scuffle ensued, and he wound up on the floor. Whether he deliberately fell or was pushed down is an open question. Apparently he is known for having done such things in the past.
He got his apology, and some money for a favorite charity. Greg got punished.
It is a done deal, it is over.
Those who wish to never come to Montana over this foolishness: that's fine. You really won't be missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,314,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobinvans View Post
I guess im missing something. You DONT live in Montana but you are outraged on how WE voted?

I suppose you just dont get Montana friend
Yes, you most certainly are missing something.

A. No one ever claimed to be "outraged on how you voted". We are talking about a U.S. Senator,'s actions, not Montana voting patterns. Don't care in the least re. Montana voting patterns, which have been single party for national elections forever.

B. I don't need to "get" Montana. I could care less about your state, outside of maybe Bozeman area. You are the one who needs to "get" the U.S. Constitution. As long as Montana is part of the U.S. all Americans have the right and obligation to get involved in Montana. If Montanans don't want outsiders commenting on issues which impact the entire country, they are welcome to leave the U.S.

The point is that a U.S. Senator impacts the lives of me and my family. The fact that you think it's "funny" that he assaulted a member of the free press is scary as hell.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:29 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,954,638 times
Oh, by the way, claiming a violation of First Amendment Rights is a considerable stretch, IMO.
A reporter has no special rights under the Freedom Of The Press provision. A reporter should obey all laws.
That reporter was not invited to enter that room. He had no business interrupting the press conference that was about to begin. He was told "Ask me later", but would not accept that. He was then told "talk to a staffer". He refused to accept that. He was told to leave. He refused, and kept his recording device in the candidates face. When it was pushed away, a scuffle ensued, during which he fell down, crying "you body slammed me and broke my glasses!" THAT is how many of us see the incident.
The reporter got his 10 minutes of fame, and the candidate had to pay some money and apologize.

Another thing; if one is going to rant about an issue of this apparent magnitude, it would behoove one to be better aware of the facts. Greg Gianforte was not a candidate for the Senate, and was not elected to the Senate. It was a special election for Montana's single seat in the House of Representatives.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:25 AM

4,500 posts, read 4,594,944 times
I hope the reporter files assault charges on the GOP candidate and the judge makes an example of the thug and make him do some jail time. He won't "feel" a fine the same way he'll "feel" his loss of freedom.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM

30,235 posts, read 23,693,478 times
Liberals: Poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke....

Everyone else: Had enough, removes liberal from situation.

Liberals: "OMG! I can't believe they are so violent!!!111!!!!!!"

Literally like a child on the playground who antagonizes over and over again, and when the other party finally retaliates, the child runs off as if they are the innocent party.

That reporter was not innocent. Stop lying, liberals. You keep losing because of this kind of behavior. People have had enough of you.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:27 AM

6,755 posts, read 8,558,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Liberals: Poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke....

Everyone else: Had enough, removes liberal from situation.

Liberals: "OMG! I can't believe they are so violent!!!111!!!!!!"

Literally like a child on the playground who antagonizes over and over again, and when the other party finally retaliates, the child runs off as if they are the innocent party.

That reporter was not innocent. Stop lying, liberals. You keep losing because of this kind of behavior. People have had enough of you.
Actually, I don't mind their insane rants. It simply proves how unhinged they've become, and it shows their true colors to people that normally don't pay much attention to politics. It effectively reduces their attacks to a childish tantrum that makes their drivel meaningless to thoughtful people, and makes it harder for unaligned people to support their "cause".

The riots, the lies, the baseless attacks, the unending drivel and hate filled vitriol are just showing their true colors.
They spew the regurgitated DNC talking points, but have no idea what they're talking about as evidenced by NOLA who claims Representative Gianforte is a Senator. If they'd even read one report by an outside source, they would know that.

I do find it disheartening they so easily brush off the attempted assassination of the House Majority Whip by a Sanders supporter in their rush to condemn Representative Gianforte and portray him as an out of control bully.

Most Montanans know better, and these baseless petty, petulant rants mean nothing.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:32 AM

It's not a conservative or liberal thing. It's a crime to body slam somebody. If Van Jones was to body slam a conservative politician, the Republicans would be calling for Van Jones arrest and to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If anybody believes that the politician had every right in the world to body slam that rude and biased reporter, then somebody failed along the way in raising you.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 AM

6,755 posts, read 8,558,461 times
You may wish to research the difference between the term body slam, and pushed down which is what actually happened.

The talking points are letting you down again.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:47 PM

745 posts, read 1,282,347 times
Here is a visual guide for body slams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp7jnjvzZT4

Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
You may wish to research the difference between the term body slam, and pushed down which is what actually happened.

The talking points are letting you down again.
I don't need to look it up. A push is way different from a body slam, but to agressively push somebody, while its probably not a crime, it is still unacceptable behavior and it could cause somebody to lose their balance and fall down and break a bone, and if that was to happen, that would probably cross the line into criminal territory and the politician should and would have criminal and/or civil charges filed against him.

But even if no charges are filed, it still proves that politician to be a loose cannon unfit to serve the public, because with a loose cannon who is physically agressive, you never know what they are capable of doing during stressful situations. Any body who has any common sense, doesn't want a loose cannon representing them as their decision maker.

That said, I didn't see any video and I didn't hear the story reported on the news. I only heard about it thru the title of this thread. If the politician didn't body slam a reporter as the title suggests, then the article and the title of thread is pretty much the same as click bait. Fake news, I suppose is the more pc term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana