Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 12:40 AM

600 posts, read 566,154 times

Advertisements

White trash vote for white trash. No wonder the backward red states can't survive on their own w/o begging the feds for Money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 02:52 AM

6 posts, read 5,911 times
Default Still...no apology/acknowledgement of the assault from GOP voters

Okay, what does this mean?

It means that some Montana Republicans have a new modus operandi. Previously, I had thought that they were happy with any action that caused emotional stress (aka butthurt) to the enemies that Bannon and his team have articulated.

- The press
- Liberals (their term. i believe they mean anyone not one of them)
- Minorities

Now it seems they are happy to accept physical injury as desired result of their or their elected officials/candidates actions.

Let's put aside the denails and conspiracy crap for a while and just repeat this sentence:

"That liberal POS outsider had what was coming to him" - my words. If they are being honest, this sentiment is shared by the overwhelming majority of Gianforte voters.

I remember in junior high, when anyone who was smart or different was the target of physical violence. The mob cheered on as kids were brutalized in the after school fights.

So let's review. Montana Republicans are motivated now by four things

1. Hillary / Obama bashing
2. Liberal butthurt
3. Guns
4. Physical violence against outsiders

This is pretty much the same everywhere you go in this country. And seeing this list here, its apparent that no single policy -- no matter how ruinous -- makes a bit of difference as long as their representative or executive hits on 1 of those 4 buttons.

I'm still going go fishing on the North Fork of the Flathead with my boyfriend. Its my country I'm just not going to enjoy it as much, knowing the type of people (and I understand about the early voting), that are around me. Violent, uncivil, petty people.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:32 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,183 times
Lefty's having an aneurism. I love it. What a bunch of judgmental *******s.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The reporter never made physical contact from all reports.

Yeah don't make stuff up, mmkay?
MMmkay

"Tonight, as Greg was giving a separate interview in a private office, The Guardian's Ben Jacobs entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg's face, and began asking badgering questions," the campaign said. "Jacobs was asked to leave. After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ."

Old 05-26-2017, 07:13 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Yeah and that's not in any of the eyewitness accounts.

I'll take eyewitness accounts over a prepared press release by a political hack any day. Mmmkay?

Love it how much a warm reception a charge of assault is to a political candidate.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah and that's not in any of the eyewitness accounts.

I'll take eyewitness accounts over a prepared press release by a political hack any day. Mmmkay?

Love it how much a warm reception a charge of assault is to a political candidate.
You must be a Michael Brown fan then.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:13 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Don't know who that is nor do I really care. Don't like millionaire carpetbagging politicians, I can tell you that much is true.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
At least he didn't go driving drunk, run off a bridge and leave his girlfriend to die while he enjoyed a long happy political career. (Teddy Kennedy)
Or be accused of multiple sexual assaults, impeached for perjury, and still considered a great president. (Bill Clinton)
At least he didn't stand aside and let 4 brave men and an ambassador die at the hands of a street gang, and then get nominated for president. (Hillary Clinton).

I guess instead of a successful business man that created over 500 jobs in Montana we could have gotten a tax evader and cheat.

Politics is a dirty game. Just depends on who's side your on as to what you will accept I guess...

Montana has always had a history of colorful candidates including Francis Meagher, the territorial governor who was a terrorist in Ireland, was sentenced to be drawn and quartered, but the sentence was commuted and he was sent to Australia and told not to leave, so he jumped the first boat to New York where he got into the Irish Mob and got enough political power so that at the beginning of the Civil War, he was named Brigadier General of the Irish Brigade.
He took them into the Sunken Road at Antietam, where they were slaughtered. He fainted on the field and had to be carried off.
He was unfit to command, but had to much political power out of New York to forget about him, so Abe Lincoln sent him to Montana as territorial governor. Out of sight, out of mind.
Meagher was real popular here as well, ended up disappearing off of a steamboat, at night, under mysterious circumstances, body never found.
But he has a statue in front of the capital building.

Politics, Bah. One of those necessary evils we can't get away from.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:03 AM

507 posts, read 661,381 times
Because I travel in MT regularly with my job, I have followed the politics as sort of a spectator for the last few years-before that I didn't really follow it, even though I was up there all the time. From an indigenous Wyoming standpoint, I never considered MT truly "reliable". Watching this one along with the last couple elections, I noticed:

Quist, like Amanda Curtis, got a grade of "F" from the NRA. I realize most people aren't checking the NRA scorecard, but empirical evidence so far indicates that candidates who get dissed by the NRA don't win in MT. (I can't think of a Dem in WY that ever got an "F" from the
NRA, but then again, the Dems in WY could all meet up in a bathroom stall.)

I thought Cascade was supposed to lean Dem. Last three elections, Cascade has gone Rep.

It seems like, if they don't win Yellowstone, they don't win. Of the "rez" counties, Big Horn is
not as lefty as the rest. Sure some of that is Hardin, but Crow Agency votes more conservative than Browning or Fort Belknap. The Flathead "rez" (Salish-Kootenai) seems more
prosperous than the others, but can't tell how the vote breaks down because of the overall size
of the county.

Perhaps the traditional Labor Union component of MT Democrats is breaking down. The guys I
work with up there are mostly Union members, but they are social conservatives (ie. pro-gun,
pro-life, go to church, hunting, etc.) that I thought vote Dem because Union says to, or daddy
and grand-daddy voted Dem. But to a man, all of the guys I happened to shoot the breeze
with, supported Donald Trump, in big city (GF & Billings) or small town alike.

Curtis tried that "true Montanan" or "Montana values" deal against Daines and it didn't work either. Definitely a polarization in MT, but it might be time to retire that strategy.

Just observations. Not interested in engaging in any arguments or vulgar name calling.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 PM

814 posts, read 580,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
You are being very dramatic.

Are you stockpiling weed and contraceptives for this Red Dawn invasion?
No, that assessment was on the money. The whole country is laughing at Montana. Nice change from the rest of the world laughing at Donald Trump, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana