U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 10:40 AM

86 posts, read 82,942 times

Advertisements

Hello, just wondering if anyone would be able to steer us in the right direction. My husband is a retired law enforcement officer (very fit and in his 50's) who has done private security for families. Since we are interested in the Bigfork area we thought one way to do that would to maybe find a situation where we are home sitting and that requires security (possibly caring for animals also) and maybe even this winter to give us a chance to try out the winter in Bigfork (or surrounding area). We know that there are snowbirds in that area that may want their homes protected. Just an idea we are bouncing around. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 12:28 PM

4,113 posts, read 3,450,347 times
There are many nice homes around the lake which are seasonal use only. I imagine the multi-million dollar stone mansion on Shelter Island has a staff. You might want to inquire. I believe it is listed for sale.

It seems to me the more expensive properties are on Finley Point. I would check with property management companies about caretaker positions.

In Montana Craigslist is used, as well as, local bulletin boards at stores/restaurants & local Facebook pages.

Heartland Domestic Staffing Agency | Elite Staffing For Your Home This is a company based in Missoula.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
There are many nice homes around the lake which are seasonal use only. I imagine the multi-million dollar stone mansion on Shelter Island has a staff. You might want to inquire. I believe it is listed for sale.

It seems to me the more expensive properties are on Finley Point. I would check with property management companies about caretaker positions.

In Montana Craigslist is used, as well as, local bulletin boards at stores/restaurants & local Facebook pages.

Heartland Domestic Staffing Agency | Elite Staffing For Your Home This is a company based in Missoula.
Thank you so much for the leads, HistoryFan! :-)

Old 06-12-2017, 01:54 PM

2,771 posts, read 3,457,677 times
Some situations advertised here WELCOME PAGE - The Caretaker Gazette - #1 Source for Caretaker Opportunities since 1983! might interest. Subscription required.

There are usually some Flathead area places advertised on craigslist for 6-9 non-summer months at decent or attractive prices for what they are.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Some situations advertised here WELCOME PAGE - The Caretaker Gazette - #1 Source for Caretaker Opportunities since 1983! might interest. Subscription required.

There are usually some Flathead area places advertised on craigslist for 6-9 non-summer months at decent or attractive prices for what they are.
Thank you!

Old 06-14-2017, 10:54 AM

765 posts, read 479,144 times
I don't know if your husband is interested in work outside of just caretaking, but all of the building security at my job is either retired LEO, or military. They are armed security guards for federal buildings. It is as laid back as it can get. They walk around the building once an hour, and search people coming into the building. They are armed and have body armor. It pays around 40k a year. Just about every federal building and state building in MT has security.

Here is one in Helena, MT.

https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/...0&src=JB-10080

Here is one in Great Falls.

https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/...rce=Indeed.com

Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
I don't know if your husband is interested in work outside of just caretaking, but all of the building security at my job is either retired LEO, or military. They are armed security guards for federal buildings. It is as laid back as it can get. They walk around the building once an hour, and search people coming into the building. They are armed and have body armor. It pays around 40k a year. Just about every federal building and state building in MT has security.

Here is one in Helena, MT.

https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/...0&src=JB-10080

Here is one in Great Falls.

https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/...rce=Indeed.com

Thanks but I don't think he would be interested in working with, or for, the Feds again. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana