U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 7,183 times

Advertisements

my husband is looking at an opportunity to be relocated to whitehall from the boise, idaho area. can anyone tell me anything about whitehall itself?

i am from salmon, idaho, so i've been to missoula many times, and i graduated college from dillon, but i've never been to whitehall. i'm a teacher, and i'm also curious what the schools are like in the area. any information would be greatly appreciated! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,067,144 times
Default Whitehall

I have a friend who lives in Whitehall and teaches there. They love it. Great school she says. Whitehall itself is small but it's not very far to Bozeman or Butte is just over the hill. I went to Western in Dillon also but graduated from U of M in Missoula. I don't know much else about the town itself - except that when I was through there last weekend - it was foggy (of course) and overcast in Missoula but sunny in Butte and Whitehall. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will see your post.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:39 PM

462 posts, read 1,527,047 times
Default Whitehall

Delta,

I live just outside Whitehall and it is my address even though I'm well out of town.

Whitehall has an elementary school, middle school and high school. There is a great sense of community in this town. I don't know much about the school but you can find out more at http://mt.localschooldirectory.com/s...hp/cPath/10025 and http://mt.localschooldirectory.com/s...chool_id/51324 There do seem to be allot of cummunity events, rodeos, christmas stroll, frontier days etc. and now a Saturday morning farmers market in the summer months.

Whitehall is right off interstate 90 so easy access to Butte and Bozeman for shopping. There are two gas stations, a bank, post office, some restaurants, car mechanics, tire store, coffee stands, antique and collectibles, a few taxidermy shops, realtors, movie theater, nursery, grocery store, feed store, fire dept with ambulance, doctors office and clinic, chiropractor etc.

The main employer around here is the Golden Sunlight Mine.

Winters are much milder than Butte or Bozeman (or Dillon for that matter) and the only derogatory thing is the wind has a tendancy to blow here. But, we don't get much snow and the sun does shine quite a bit in the winter. Summers are usually dry and hot and the climate in general is dry.

Hope this helps some! Good luck with it.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 7,183 times
Default thanks

you guys are wonderful! thank you so much for replying and giving me information. it looks like the town is a little bigger than the one i currently teach in, but the school is about the same size. and it sounds like the community is similar to my hometown of salmon. at least it's some food-for-thought in our decision.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,589 times
Default searching for info on whitehall, like a newspaper or classifieds

my family is moving from nevada to whitehall in three weeks, and i am having a difficult time finding any info on the rental situation there. i am unable to find a newspaper, for whitehall, and the butte newspaper doesnt seem to cover whitehall. any info would be awesome!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 PM

462 posts, read 1,527,047 times
The local Whitehall paper is the Whitehall-Ledger but for some reason the online version has suddenly disappeared. The best thing I could recommend is to check out the Montana Standard online at http://www.mtstandard.com or better yet, there is a property management company in Whitehall. Contact me by PM and I'll give you a number to call for them. They deal with local rentals. Otherwise there are four realtors in Whitehall that I can think of.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,587 times
Default Resource for Info on Whitehall

My family and I have lived in Whitehall now for about 14 months. We live in the country outside of Whitehall. We love it! It is a great little community. We don't know too much about the school system. I homeschool our children.

The website for the local Whitehall Ledger has changed. It is now www.whitehallmontana.org. It seems as though there is always available rentals. Good luck on your decision. I hope this helps.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:51 PM

4 posts, read 8,948 times
I moved to whitehall 4 years ago. It is a very wonderfull town. It is very hard to find employment or rentails. the whitehall ledger located next to the Pizza place has a mananger named Liz, she knows everyone and whats available. I own a busness in town and if you have any questions i can answer I would be glad to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana