Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,749 times

Advertisements

Im from central california, lived here since i was born, im 24, me and my family enjoy hunting, camping being in the out doors. I work in the Ag. industry as a ranch and famr manager, and Ag. product sales man. I would like to settle in an aarea where i could have a few acres of my own to farm, and hunt if i get lucky. My wife is a nurse so we need a place close to a hospital or medical center, we also have a six year old son so wed like it to be in a safe nieghborhoods and low crime area. i want to live in a place where we can do our own thing and not be judged for it, have bbqs with nieghboors and such. I am very pro gun, and want to be able to have my guns with me when i want. eventually my wife will retire so any where we move needs lots of farm or ranch work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:10 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,626,582 times
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Billings Clinic - Physicians, Health Care Services, Health Info, Billings, MT

Here is a larger facility to start. Maybe get some answers on pay scales. Good luck.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,001,752 times
You may want to check out the "Golden Triangle" part of Montana It's the most Agriculturally productive region of Montana, very pro gun and if you are in the western part of the golden triangle you may have a good view and easy access to the Rocky Mountains.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:27 PM

239 posts, read 685,352 times
Dillon is a nice place. Homes are still affordable, hunting is great in the area, and you are near the interstate for travel in and out of the state.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:19 PM

189 posts, read 334,402 times
[BostonAccent]

Ask not what Montana can do for you...

[/BostonAccent]

Couldn't resist. :b

Old 11-19-2009, 10:37 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,001,752 times
Montana can offer you the opportunity to sit in your front yard and watch your neighbors fighting.

You may also get fed up with the horrid traffic jams.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:37 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,235,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Montana can offer you the opportunity to sit in your front yard and watch your neighbors fighting.

You may also get fed up with the horrid traffic jams.

Love 'em, Rickers!

My traffic jams here are usually black angus. The first time I shot a cell phone pic and titled it "damned traffic jam!" and sent it to my horse vet back in TN, he responded with "You suck." lol

Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 PM

30 posts, read 59,931 times
Helena is a great family area!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:58 PM

989 posts, read 3,513,141 times
Ask not what Montana can offer you, ask what you can offer Montana.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,901,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Ask not what Montana can offer you, ask what you can offer Montana.
Very true!
There are two hospitals in Billings. The Billings Clinic has a nurse's union, Saint Vincent's doesn't (yet).
You can find anything from a 1 or 2 acre "mini-farm" to 20 acres to several thousand acres within easy commuting distance from Billings. You can have your choice of prairie land, foothills land, or mountain land. Undeveloped land can run anywhere from $1000 per acre to several thousand per acre, depending on the size of the parcel, availability of power and water, etc. Home Owner's Associations (HOA's) and Covenants, Codes, & Restrictions (CCR's) are becoming more popular, so be careful! (To see what I mean, look up Pioneer Road Estates on the 'net, and read the CCR's! Frightening! And, it is only about a mile away from my place!)
There are sugar beets, corn, various grains, cattle ranches, horse ranches, and large hay operations.
Irrigation water is available in many areas, on the prairie lands.
There is hunting for whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, and antelope, as well as turkey, ring neck pheasant, and grouse, and, of course, waterfowl.
There are also black bears, both a spring and a fall season.
Rabbits and gophers are not game animals, so no license is required to shoot (at) them, and there is no season.
Sadly, spot-lighting jack rabbits is not legal these days.
There are rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and mountain streams for fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana