Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:03 AM

Location: Hopefully Montana soon. But Prescott, AZ for now.......
13 posts, read 65,804 times

Advertisements

I am interested in moving to a small town on the Hi-Line! Any info you folks might be able to give would be most appreciated. Like many of the towns on the other side of the mountains there. Prescott is bursting at the seams! It's getting WAY too expensive and crowded. I am a CAD Manager for a land surveying firm here. I would say better than 60% of our business is land splits! They chop it up so fine that soon they are building houses on top of each other. No kidding! I have seen roofers jumping from one house to another because they are so close! Besides, it NEVER rains here! And I just can't live with that. I know people in Montana don't want anyone to try to change them. And I agree! Just don't try to change me either and we can get along just fine! If anyone on the Hi-Line knows a surveyor that needs a CAD guy, or you just want to chat, I would be glad to talk to you. Feel free to email me or instant message me.

All the best,

Rik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2006, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 39,507 times
Hey Bass Player,

I'm looking to move out to AZ into possibly the Camp Verde school district.

What is your opinion of the area as far as affordability? I hear that Sedona is out of sight, but what about the smaller towns Verde, Strawberrry, Pine etc. Can a person buy a decent starter home making a 30k range salary?

I'm reading that much of the area that you are from is becoming an influx of California etc. which is making things unaffordable etc.

Your opinions on the area?

Thanks

Old 05-28-2006, 09:01 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
Default Pine-Strawberry

I would advise staying away from them due to a problem with there water system. Town folk are all nice etc. but water is a big issue, also in Williams as well.

We are located in Kingman Az and have 20+ acres south of Anaconda, love the area up there.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 19,243 times
Go to www.bigskyfishing.com and go down to the list to The montana "highline". This will show you every detail of the various towns up there. Lewistown, in the center of the state, is a little, quiet, laid back town also. Any town that you can name, can pe typed into -google-, followed by----detailed profile----and you can see all the details. Click in google images, which is above the -google- box, and get all avaliable photos of any town that you type into the box. It is a great way to explore any area.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:51 PM

63 posts, read 327,830 times
Bassplayer. . . I ran across these forums the other day and your post caught my eye. Did you get relocated to Montana? I'm also in Prescott and am researching other areas to move for the reasons you posted. I've been researching Wyoming and Montana. The housing here is out of sight! I'm looking for a smaller town, good people, decent schools, clean air, open land etc.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM

23 posts, read 215,706 times
Default small towns

Did you check out the ones I posted above? What about bigfork, or other areas along the Flathead? Thompson Falls? Dillon?

Old 11-29-2006, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 7,927 times
Default are you in Montana yet?

Hi Bassplayer,

Just found your post about wanting to come to Montana and wondering if you made it yet. Also, we're an established western swing band up here and we're looking for a bass player....(preferably upright, and singer). Are you really a bass player? If you have any questions about MT, maybe we can help.

Ric & Linda
removed

[cut]

Last edited by Marka; 11-30-2006 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: use Classified Ads please

Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,151 times
Default MT Hi-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPlayer View Post
I am interested in moving to a small town on the Hi-Line! Any info you folks might be able to give would be most appreciated. Like many of the towns on the other side of the mountains there. Prescott is bursting at the seams! It's getting WAY too expensive and crowded. I am a CAD Manager for a land surveying firm here. I would say better than 60% of our business is land splits! They chop it up so fine that soon they are building houses on top of each other. No kidding! I have seen roofers jumping from one house to another because they are so close! Besides, it NEVER rains here! And I just can't live with that. I know people in Montana don't want anyone to try to change them. And I agree! Just don't try to change me either and we can get along just fine! If anyone on the Hi-Line knows a surveyor that needs a CAD guy, or you just want to chat, I would be glad to talk to you. Feel free to email me or instant message me.

All the best,

Rik
My sister-in-law and her family live in Chester, MT. They love it there. It doesn't rain much there either though. The Hi-Line is great. Good people and great towns. Many of the towns are dying though. CRP has been tough on them. As more and more farmers put their ground into CRP they aren't buying the farm equipment, fuel, etc. so those dealers have gone out of business. Then there are no jobs so the people move. Several schools have closed, etc. in different towns along the line. You didn't mention if you need employment though so maybe this isn't an issue. I'm from Fairfield which is near Great Falls. Super town! Now we're in WY.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:33 PM

291 posts, read 709,816 times
For others who might not know, CRP is the Conservation Reserve Program of the US Dept of Agriculture. In eastern Montana, it pays between $33 and $41 per acre per year (the market land rental value) to leave prairie in native grass.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,129 times
>>> No kidding! I have seen roofers jumping from one house to another because they are so close! <<<

Sounds like you are talking about Missoula
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana