Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM

15 posts, read 50,867 times

Advertisements

Thank you for everyones input on where we should live. We have chosen Durango,CO. We already bought a house and have jobs so no need to write anymore.
Thanks! I've enjoyed reading everyone's advice!
-MGOLD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,144 times
I live in Missoula, MT which is about 45 minutes from Kalispell. Kalispell is beatuiful with a very charming downtown. I guess it is very grey in the winter, but if you like to ski whitefish ski resort is very close and that is a good way to get rid of the winter blues... I am also wondering about pagosa springs?? have no idea how to look up rental home information? also looking at durango but again am not good at internet searches. any help??

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,752,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmountains View Post
I live in Missoula, MT which is about 45 minutes from Kalispell. Kalispell is beatuiful with a very charming downtown. I guess it is very grey in the winter, but if you like to ski whitefish ski resort is very close and that is a good way to get rid of the winter blues... I am also wondering about pagosa springs?? have no idea how to look up rental home information? also looking at durango but again am not good at internet searches. any help??
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but my own experience is if the gray weather gets you down, I'm not sure skiing on the Big Mountain will cheer you up! It's gray up there to!

There are a few days with a nice inversion when the valley is fogged in and it's sunny on the mountain but those days are slim pickins!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 AM

88 posts, read 301,180 times
This probably wont help but, my friend was from Kalispell. He could not wait to retire so he could return there. Loved the outdoors and relaxed lifestyle. He always talked highly of the place and even interested me in visiting there just to see.

Gib

Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibs07GTcpe View Post
This probably wont help but, my friend was from Kalispell. He could not wait to retire so he could return there. Loved the outdoors and relaxed lifestyle. He always talked highly of the place and even interested me in visiting there just to see.

Gib
If you come either come in the summer or pack some sunshine to bring with you! I think today might be the first day in well over a week that we'll see some sun, then again maybe not.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,806 times
I grew up in Pagosa Springs. My family has a cabin outside of Ovando, MT and I have been to Sandpoint and Kalispell. Trust me. You want to come to Pagosa. If for nothing else, the beauty and the sunshine. Pagosa sits right in the Sun Belt of the US. With 300 days of sunlight per year, it is hard to beat. A brand new, state of the art hospital just opened a year ago. The schools are great with a new high school built in 1998. Job market is slow right now because of the recession. Nearest decent sized airport is Durango (one hour away). Lots of good shopping and restaurants in Durango. Wolf Creek ski area is 30 minutes away and still gets the most snow in Colorado. If you have any more questions, email me at [email]pruitt.clay@gmail.com[/email]. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruitt.clay View Post
I grew up in Pagosa Springs.
Whenever I hear that name, I think of the talkin'blues tune (http://www.narrowgauge.org/4x4/cw_pages/lyrics/spirit/wcp.html - broken link) by C.W. McCall

Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 AM

305 posts, read 868,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Whenever I hear that name, I think of the talkin'blues tune (http://www.narrowgauge.org/4x4/cw_pages/lyrics/spirit/wcp.html - broken link) by C.W. McCall
Great song! Need to pull out some old C.W. records....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana