Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 26,230 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am 41 years old and I lived in Montana when I was 16 with my dad who is now deceased. We lived in Libby where I see on TV a few months ago was just declared safe to live in not that many years ago. I know lots of people from there that are either dying or awaiting death due to asbestos poisoning. I just cant help it, I love Montana! Michigan is not a great place to be but I try to make the best out of any situation. It is my plan to relocate to Montana as soon as I get my Medical Assistant certification. I am wondering if Whitefish or Kalispell Montana are booming with medical jobs and if I would be able to make it on my own financially as I am a single white female? Who knows maybe someday I will meet my Montana cowboy to team up with but until then I am single and will need to support myself and my 12 year old daughter. If there is anyone out there who has any answers to my questions I appreciate it. I would like to be where I can rent or buy a cabin outside of a town but close enough that I would be able to drive to work easily enough. Thank You- Denise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 11:01 AM

529 posts, read 1,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes56 View Post
Hello all, I am 41 years old and I lived in Montana when I was 16 with my dad who is now deceased. We lived in Libby where I see on TV a few months ago was just declared safe to live in not that many years ago. I know lots of people from there that are either dying or awaiting death due to asbestos poisoning. I just cant help it, I love Montana! Michigan is not a great place to be but I try to make the best out of any situation. It is my plan to relocate to Montana as soon as I get my Medical Assistant certification. I am wondering if Whitefish or Kalispell Montana are booming with medical jobs and if I would be able to make it on my own financially as I am a single white female? Who knows maybe someday I will meet my Montana cowboy to team up with but until then I am single and will need to support myself and my 12 year old daughter. If there is anyone out there who has any answers to my questions I appreciate it. I would like to be where I can rent or buy a cabin outside of a town but close enough that I would be able to drive to work easily enough. Thank You- Denise
You might be pretty hard pressed to find much of anything that pays in Lincoln county. St Johns only has 25 beds and is limited.
You may do better looking at Kalispell Regional Medical Center in Kalispell.

As far as your Montana cowboy??.. well, aside from just the atire, most real Montana cowboys reside on the east of the continental divide.... (the ones that actually make money wrangling). Sure.. there are any number of boot and hat wearing fellows over there, but the closest they've ever come to a cow has been the drive through at the local McDonalds. These are those that can't figure out the difference between "bush-popper" and "brush-popper"....(as if there could ever be a difference)
To each his or her own though. Looks are 90% of the sale, and if it looks good, then you should be fine, regardless of whether or not the gentleman can actually ride, wrangle, rope or whatever.

If you are looking to transfer disability accounts, you may do well to study up on what goes on in Montana these days with regard to the programs.....
The state emphasises self sufficiancy over anything that might be monitary... so do look into it.
http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/dsd/programs.shtml

The state sort of knocked off the freebie-check-pass-out-willy-nilly programs a long time ago..... and many hospitals in the state will not accept medicaid.

Anyhow, good luck on your move and welcome home........

Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 AM

15 posts, read 65,329 times
Great Falls' largest hospital is building a 75 million dollar addition. On top of the two cancer centers.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:35 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskylaw View Post
Great Falls' largest hospital is building a 75 million dollar addition. On top of the two cancer centers.

Yes indeed, we are very fortunate to have the largest, most advanced hospital in the entire state located right here in Great Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana