Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 05:41 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times

Advertisements

Just putting it out there for informational purposes.
https://www.comehomemontana.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 05:50 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Just putting it out there for informational purposes.
https://www.comehomemontana.com

Old 06-26-2021, 07:07 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,769,080 times
I'd say the video was alright / good. The surrounding website ok or less.

I'll give the effort good marks for
targeting workers / families (hopefully with in demand skills... and / or financial assets that hopefully MT financial institutions can capture / use over how out of state / national financial institutions use them).

"Come home" shows some realism / intelligence and some finesse. Former MT residents should be targeted for better chance of conversion but if others are looking for "home", they can come home (to new home) too... I guess? (to be considered further)

I wonder how important / effective emphasizing "big sky" is. It is traditional and sounds uplifting but... many in migrants are choosing western Montana... for forests and rivers and lakes and mountains more than for "big sky"... and relatively small city life but kinda hip like places they are coming from. So maybe 5-10 places and not most of the state. Big Sky fits fine with the new Governor and Bozeman advocacy though. Do they want anyone that thinks it could be home for them or mainly Republicans with old school preferences? Or is it nostalgia marketing WITH new school amenities (isnt that what Bozeman offers?) It is just marketing the state or that AND strengthening one party control in future where the odds are pretty good but there may be some worries, given the recent past?

If they are mainly going with the website, it may have modest impact. If they had millions to promote it thru newspapers, magazines, other websites, direct mail, vacation industry tie-ins, etc. it might have more impact.

What was your reaction NDak15?

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-26-2021 at 07:45 PM..

Old 06-26-2021, 07:55 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,572,193 times
Made me want to live here, and I already do!

Having folks bring their business and experience here is a good thing, especially if their Montanans already.

Old 06-27-2021, 04:00 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Look like an invitation to the promise land.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
I'd say the video was alright / good. The surrounding website ok or less.

I'll give the effort good marks for
targeting workers / families (hopefully with in demand skills... and / or financial assets that hopefully MT financial institutions can capture / use over how out of state / national financial institutions use them).

"Come home" shows some realism / intelligence and some finesse. Former MT residents should be targeted for better chance of conversion but if others are looking for "home", they can come home (to new home) too... I guess? (to be considered further)

I wonder how important / effective emphasizing "big sky" is. It is traditional and sounds uplifting but... many in migrants are choosing western Montana... for forests and rivers and lakes and mountains more than for "big sky"... and relatively small city life but kinda hip like places they are coming from. So maybe 5-10 places and not most of the state. Big Sky fits fine with the new Governor and Bozeman advocacy though. Do they want anyone that thinks it could be home for them or mainly Republicans with old school preferences? Or is it nostalgia marketing WITH new school amenities (isnt that what Bozeman offers?) It is just marketing the state or that AND strengthening one party control in future where the odds are pretty good but there may be some worries, given the recent past?

If they are mainly going with the website, it may have modest impact. If they had millions to promote it thru newspapers, magazines, other websites, direct mail, vacation industry tie-ins, etc. it might have more impact.

What was your reaction NDak15?
I didn't have a strong opinion on it, I just found it interesting. I'd never seen a state promote itself like that.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:21 AM

Some other states do. California is doing it. For economic and perhaps political reasons. And ego. Texas has long done it. Virginia. Florida. NC, TN, AR. Probably SD, AZ, MD. Idaho and Utah. GA? I assume NV towards CA. Probably many others to at least the website promotion level. Certain cities of course do a lot of self-promotion too.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-27-2021 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-27-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Some other states do. California is doing it. For economic and perhaps political reasons. And ego. Texas has long done it. Virginia. Florida. NC, TN, AR. Probably SD, AZ, MD. Idaho and Utah. GA? I assume NV towards CA. Probably many others to at least the website promotion level. Certain cities of course do a lot of self-promotion too.
Think this will have an effect? The other question is will it attract decent people?

Old 06-27-2021, 11:35 AM

Most who decide to move will do so because of cumulative knowledge of state, themselves and desires. One website might spark serious consideration for some but it should probably only get partial credit.

State to state migration. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...migration.html
Looking at 2019, the leaders for moves to Montana were CA, foreign countries, Washington and CO, then Oregon, Idaho and Utah. More than half of the 40,000 immigrants in 2019 came from these places.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-27-2021 at 11:53 AM..

Old 06-29-2021, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Made me want to live here, and I already do!

Having folks bring their business and experience here is a good thing, especially if their Montanans already.
If they aren't Montanans and bring their experiences and business do they fall into the category of "we don't care how you did things back home?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana