Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I live in Stevensville right now. It's a cute little town, but the biggest event they have every year is The Creamery Picnic. Not sure when the date is, though. On the first Friday of each month they have "First Friday" in town, all the local businesses stay open, those are nice - small town fun.
During the Creamery picnic they also have a real good BBQ contest where you can buy the food they enter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerider View Post
BTW, it's snowing and raining on my roof this morning, so there are pluses to 110F. I'm down to a cord of wood left - hope June is warm....
Just curious, how many cords do you go through in an average winter?

Back when I lived near Bozeman, I cut riverbank trash (dead and downed trees) whenever I needed firewood, and never really stockpiled it, so I really have no idea how much wood I actually used each winter.

But I can tell you that on average I burned a ton of coal, and one year I had to drive down to the mines in Wyoming and pick it off the side of the road for myself!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:51 PM

65 posts, read 206,121 times
I have done the Phoenix to Western MT trip for 50 years so --- you might want to hit Yellowstone Park then go to Missoula, go north on Hwy 93 to Kalispell and Glacier Park (they have a new bus system for Going To The Sun Highway which means the driver can see the park) Along the way, there are lots of nice towns (you will be near Stevensville, Plains, etc if you want a side trip). Scenery in the Mission & Flathead Valleys are spectacular. If you are around Polson on the 4th then there is a fireworks display over Flathead Lake and I think Polson has a parade. I am sure Kalispell has the same (but Kalispell has 60,000 people - I am guessing --- Polson is around 5,000 in the summer).

Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Baby View Post
Kalispell has 60,000 people - I am guessing
HOLY bleeding....[faints] Kalispell got THAT BIG while I wasn't looking?! what on earth do they all find to DO there?? can't be that many jobs in Kalispell!! Cripes, we used to describe Kalispell as "one street 10 miles long" and nothing else!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times
Wiki has Flathead Counties 2006 actual population just over 85,000. I would imagine that majority of that makes up Kalispell. And after a year and a half more growth added to it, I'd say that Montana Baby's guess of 60,000 is pretty darn close for Kalispell's current population.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:39 AM

148 posts, read 561,425 times
Default 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Wiki has Flathead Counties 2006 actual population just over 85,000. I would imagine that majority of that makes up Kalispell. And after a year and a half more growth added to it, I'd say that Montana Baby's guess of 60,000 is pretty darn close for Kalispell's current population.

Kalispells 2007 population was 19423. Just FYI. There is no city that is gonna grow that darn fast! Kalispell is on the up and up, but 60,000??? Not even close.....yet

Old 05-31-2008, 07:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman3seven View Post
Kalispells 2007 population was 19423. Just FYI. There is no city that is gonna grow that darn fast! Kalispell is on the up and up, but 60,000??? Not even close.....yet
Thank god!!! Even at 20k it's getting too much traffic...

Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
*WHEW!!*

Likely depends on how far out you count as "city population" or if you stick to the hard city limits, too. Like here, the "official" city population totals up at just under 300k (up from 30k just 10 years ago!), but there are another 150k or so outside the city limits and in the little outlying burgs, or close enough to being assimilated into town as makes no real difference.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdude View Post
Hi Montanan's,
Please bear with me all of you experienced forumers. I'm 50 and still learning the ropes. But here goes nothing.

My wife's B-day is the 4th of July and I like to go where the kids are waving the little flags and the hotdogs are plentiful. I like to surprise my wife with something kinda cool on her day.
Hi dogdude...Welcome to the Forum

I assure you there are alot of us on here that are not experienced at this. And yes, that includes me....

What a wonderful husband you are to suprise your wife with something cool on her b-day. I guess the whole USA celebrates her birthday in a way, but I think it's great that you do something extra special.

The other folks on here have done a fine job of giving you places to visit. I am partial to the Anaconda & Butte idea. If you have the time there is a great little town called Philipsburgh, which is definatly worth the trip. Here is a link to their website...
Philipsburg, Montana
There are tons of quaint little shops, antiques, etc.. And make sure to stop at the candy shoppe....Increadible fudge!(They even give free samples.)....Like I said, definately worth the trip!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times
Quote:
Are you sure that is an actual count and not an estimated population figure ? I have not been able to find an actual count for 2007 population, only estimates. The number you state, I have seen it numerous places as the estimated population of the City of Kalispell.

And then again as Reziac states, boundaries used makes a big difference too. I would think that the 19K figure would be within city limits, I doubt you could get anywhere close to 60,000 people in the city limits of Kalispell. But if you include the surrounding areas, then 60,000 makes a whole lot of scense for the Kalispell "area".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana