U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 7,799 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Montana within the next month. My boyfriend will be working around the Marysville area, but I have heard bad things about the town. Are there any surrounding areas that would be decent...such as Canyon Creek or

We've never been to Montana, so we are not sure what to expect exactly. We are from a very small town in Southern Oregon with a population of around 1,500, so we don't want to be in a big town. We will be renting for awhile, so an area with a decent amount of rentals would be great.

Any help anyone could provide would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 09:31 AM

189 posts, read 715,184 times
Marysville and Canyon Creek barely qualify as a towns, so your rental opportunities will be very slim. You'll probably have much better luck finding something in Helena. The drive will be longer than being right in Marysville, but at least you'd be near city amenities. They're getting ready to rebuild the road up to Marysville this summer too, so that should be done before winter.
Out of curiosity, what "bad things" have you heard? Marysville is pretty much nothing more than a cluster of homes, a ghost town and the last stop before going up to Great Divide (ski hill).

Old 05-27-2008, 04:16 PM

I just happen to come across a couple of posts about Marysville being a dirty, trashy place to live and the people there are trashy...etc. After looking more today it actually doesn't seem like that bad of a place. I guess you can't believe EVERYTHING you hear/read . We will probably end up looking for something around the north part of Helena. Is that considered the Helena Valley? I've seen listings for places in Helena Valley, but I'm not sure where exactly that area is.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 AM

189 posts, read 715,184 times
You're right about that...can't believe everything you read. The Helena Valley is a pretty big area ranging from north of the city limits all the way to the north hills and east of town towards where the topography starts to climb near the lakes. If you look at a map or Google Earth, you can get a little better feel for it. Google the addresses too to get an idea of where the rentals are located.
To shorten your drive, finding a rental in the north valley would probably be easiest for you. Just get on Lincoln Road and head west to work.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 PM

Thanks for your help MTHAWKI! Looking forward to our move in 2 1/2 weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or