U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 AM

369 posts, read 1,299,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I am sick and tired of politicians and all of their lies.
Remember, Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Democrats in the last election cycle promised to reduce the price of gasoline. And Congress could by opening up our own lands to development. If they did that the spot price for crude would drop instantly. But they defeated administration efforts to open up these lands. Meanwhile, since Nancy got there the price has more than doubled.

Who will suffer in the Fall of 2008? Naturally, the Republicans! Make perfect sense doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,809,900 times
Default interesting perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
Stephen, Stephen. Take a deep breath! Or, hide under the bed.

1) The US Congress signaled to the world that we will not provide our own oil energy from our own sources by voting down ANWR exploration and keeping everything from new exploration/development from the FL, NJ & CA Coasts to CO tar sands. That was preceded by Clintons veto to drill ANWR some years ago. (SUPPLY DOWN)

2) Meanwhile China and India are coming out of the stone age and modernizing, buying up every drop of oil available. (DEMAND WAY WAY UP)

3) International commodity speculators (not the IMF and World Bank) bid up the price based on Supply & Demand.

4) The fall of the US Dollar's value has necessitated the need for more dollars to buy a barrel of oil. The $ has dropped because we are buying too much crap from China, primarily and other related debt & trade factors.

5) Meanwhile the rest of the world explores, develops and drills - China right off the coast of Florida; Russia's new finds in Siberia; Brazil's new finds off their coast.

6) The US public is caught up in Al Gore's fradulent man-made global warming hoax; believes oil & coal are evil; and furthers the whole mess into a total fraud of carbon-footprint calcualation and the purchase of "green credits" to offset it - from a company controled by none other than Al Gore!!!

7) The US Democrat Senate & House, beholden to environmental special interests, see fit to haul oil company executives (who neither set the price of oil or control it) and subject them a Soviet-style show trial last week. Not one of these Congressional pukes have the slightest idea how to get us out of this mess, let alone produce one drop of oil or alternative energy. But they can humiliate those that do.

8) This is a bizare comedy of fools at work and the world is laughing.

9) Now, notice I didn't mention Bush, Cheney, Halliburton or their oil cronies. They ain't the problem.

SOLUTION: "Drill Here; Drill Now; Save Money" - Newt Gingrich - America's Promise.
This is an interesting perspective grizzfan. I won't even pretend to understand oil prices and what is causing all of our energy problems, my guess is greed is behind most of it. I'm sure tired of watching gas prices go up and up and up every day though.

I missed the "trial" but I bet it was interesting.

I'm with you on Al Gore. Why do people believe that guy? He lost my ear back when he claimed to invent the internet. Carbon credits, what a joke. I think these politicians should have to pay 10K or so back to the people every time they get caught in a lie. Then we could have the cash to explore and produce more fuel. Too bad we cant run cars on their hot air!!

The USA needs to get back on the track of becoming self-sufficient again instead of trying to solely make money money money.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Remember, Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Democrats in the last election cycle promised to reduce the price of gasoline. And Congress could by opening up our own lands to development. If they did that the spot price for crude would drop instantly. But they defeated administration efforts to open up these lands. Meanwhile, since Nancy got there the price has more than doubled.

Who will suffer in the Fall of 2008? Naturally, the Republicans! Make perfect sense doesn't it?
It's a big PR war with those people, blame everyone else for everything and never take any responsibility.. I can't stand Pelosi, her kind, and her politics.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:58 PM

66 posts, read 209,937 times
You are totaly right grizzfan, that is the reason we are stuck where we are, and the sad part is if our powers that be dont get off their over paid under worked hind ends, its only going to get worse.
People think its bad now, once gas goes past $5 a gal, and beyone, which it will unless something is done, its going to put us all in a hurt.
The sad part is the lower income people are going to be the ones to get the brunt of it, weither they drive or not, as the price of food and everything else goes up, its going to get harder and harder for them to make it payday to payday. Not to mention all the govt programs that are going to go bankrupt, the average now is about 40% of the lower working class on some form of govt help. Food banks are getting so much demand they cant keep up.
Its all going to be a trickle effect that when it stops is going to be a real mess unless the powers that be do something fast.
Stimulus check? Not that i'm complaning, but that little check they just sent out is not going to do a thing for the average working stiff.
They are going to have to do something fast, and by mid summer, or the effects could realy be nasty for the majority of us.

The dollar dropping daily, oil demand going up, costing companies more to operate and ship products, unless they do something drastic soon, its not going to be a pritty site this christmas...
People are going to start cutting back on the fun stuff, which will cause a lot of places to go out of busienss hence a lot of lost jobs...
a vicious circle is about to happen...

Then we have the new poloticians coming in..oh there is a great lot of representatives.... makes me feel secure in my sons future...
NOT.... sad part with polotics , its not who is better any more, its who is the lesser of the evils... who wont screw things up to bad while they are there...

Old 06-01-2008, 10:28 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,916,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
What are we borrowing all of this money for?
the short answer...To keep Iran in check from dumping the worlds 3rd largest oil field worth of oil on the market at cut rate prices traded in Euros ONLY !

Does everyone honestly think we are in the Middle East looking for Osama with nuclear air craft carriers and subs ?!! And does everyone really think we have a very large military position in Iraq because of supposed weapons of mass destruction or the war on terror ?!! Or maybe the US gov felt bad for the people of Iraq and decided we should flip the bill to liberating them... because we are nice people and after all we are THE United States of America. Maybe that is why we are blowing through cash like a hurricane !

Political smoke and mirrors man... its all a bunch of sh*t I tell ya... I can think of a million more efficient and productive ways to spend a half a trillion dollars...so far.

Why do you think all but a few countries trade oil in US dollar denomination? Did you know that Saddam was one of the few that didn't recognize the US dollar? (You see what happened to him) Do you realize that Iran is another and has baned the US dollar from its country? Get caught with a US dollar in your pocket in Iran and you will most likely be executed !

A real live world chess match, that's what it is.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Stephen, Stephen. Take a deep breath! Or, hide under the bed.
I hid under the bed, then took a deep breath .

Absolutely right... the US will never provide oil for itself even though we have more oil than we can EVER use for hundreds of years. We can't because of agreements with Saudi.

International commodity speculators ?!! You say tomato I say toma'to... Still the World Bank, IMF ect. ect.

"Not one of these Congressional pukes have the slightest idea how to get us out of this mess, let alone produce one drop of oil or alternative energy."

It is my belief that these same pukes that are creating and have put us in the hole we are in have no idea how to STOP DIGGING let alone attempt to get us out of it !

Your solution I believe in 100%. Drill here drill now ! But our economy isn't setup to survive that way oddly enough.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
the short answer...To keep Iran in check from dumping the worlds 3rd largest oil field worth of oil on the market at cut rate prices traded in Euros ONLY !

Does everyone honestly think we are in the Middle East looking for Osama with nuclear air craft carriers and subs ?!! And does everyone really think we have a very large military position in Iraq because of supposed weapons of mass destruction or the war on terror ?!! Or maybe the US gov felt bad for the people of Iraq and decided we should flip the bill to liberating them... because we are nice people and after all we are THE United States of America. Maybe that is why we are blowing through cash like a hurricane !

Political smoke and mirrors man... its all a bunch of sh*t I tell ya... I can think of a million more efficient and productive ways to spend a half a trillion dollars...so far.

Why do you think all but a few countries trade oil in US dollar denomination? Did you know that Saddam was one of the few that didn't recognize the US dollar? (You see what happened to him) Do you realize that Iran is another and has baned the US dollar from its country? Get caught with a US dollar in your pocket in Iran and you will most likely be executed !

A real live world chess match, that's what it is.
The sad thing is it's all about $$$. Who buys what at what price and how much is available for purchase. We've got plenty of oil under our feet and can't touch it. I say we go back to horses and a simpler way of life. We've made so many technological strides during the past century that people don't know how to survive without it. Pretty sad when you think about it.

The good old wait until everyone else runs out of oil first, then we have ours to drill thinking is dangerous. Could be a good idea, until the rest of the world decides it wants to bring the battle here, and desperation added to that frustration doesn't add up to diplomacy.

Scary stuff.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM

369 posts, read 1,299,903 times
Quote:
The good old wait until everyone else runs out of oil first, then we have ours to drill thinking is dangerous. Could be a good idea, until the rest of the world decides it wants to bring the battle here, and desperation added to that frustration doesn't add up to diplomacy.
Not only dangerous, but patently stupid. Google "Boing Aircraft Orders" and see how many Gulf States have ordered aircraft iin the past couple of years. These jets last 30 years and consume huge amounts of Jet-A. And that's just Boeing. I haven't goodled Airbus. Seems to me they will be pumping for much longer than that to keep them flying. If we don't "drill here; drill now" we'll be buying $15 gas!!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I say we go back to horses and a simpler way of life. We've made so many technological strides during the past century that people don't know how to survive without it. Pretty sad when you think about it.
And I used to laughed at the Amish... Who's laughing now ?

Quote:

Scary stuff.
That's all part of that "hole" our leaders keep digging as far as I'm concerned. I hope I ain't around when the big oil producing countries oil supplies start to slide big time and all their heads turn toward the US with a desperation twinkle in their eyes... "Scary stuff" is putting it very mildly !!!

Hey Grizz... $15 gas is not too far off in the future. Gas has gone up well over 250% over the last 4 years. If everything stays status quo, we are on track for $12 gas over the next 4 years easily. Take into account the "intelligent well thought out" spending by our great gov over the next 4 years and we will see $15 gas well before 2012. I actually heard some figures of $9-$10 gas before the end of the year !

You better copywrite that saying "Drill here, Drill now"... Could be very valuable in the near future !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana