U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCalifornian View Post
A challenge. can anyone name a resource we've ever run out of? Alternatives always rise up as a result of price mechanisms on the resource that is becoming scarce. The very concept of an "energy policy" reflects either ignorance or an anti-capitalist. Theprice mechanism is a strategy that causes millions of people to act via consrvation, substitutions, and technology investments. A society waiting for a top-down driven energy policy are not unlike the peasants in the old Soviet Union waiting for direction from the chief crop scientist in Moscow..."insert bad word here".
Teacher, teacher, I can, (hand raised) I can!!! Backbone! that's the resource we seemed to have run out of!
No one seems to have the backbone to see what's good for the nation as a whole and not just be self serving and then tell the government NONE of them are wearing any clothes and vote them ALL out.
The reason I keep hearing why we should re-elect Baucus is because of all the pork he's brought to this state, that he's so senior we'd lose too much if he was voted out.
Great reasons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 08:18 AM

1,219 posts, read 2,811,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Teacher, teacher, I can, (hand raised) I can!!! Backbone! that's the resource we seemed to have run out of!
No one seems to have the backbone to see what's good for the nation as a whole and not just be self serving and then tell the government NONE of them are wearing any clothes and vote them ALL out.
The reason I keep hearing why we should re-elect Baucus is because of all the pork he's brought to this state, that he's so senior we'd lose too much if he was voted out.
Great reasons...
Backbone, and we are also critically low on (un)common sense! Hopefully we can find some reserves!

Tried to give you some rep for that one but it says I have to spread it around first.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM

1,368 posts, read 5,970,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Backbone, and we are also critically low on (un)common sense! Hopefully we can find some reserves!

Tried to give you some rep for that one but it says I have to spread it around first.
I got jimj for you on that one.
Tried to get you as well, but no luck.

I think we're dangerously low on common sense. Should we write to our congressmen to require that they find more common sense?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,839,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I got jimj for you on that one.
Tried to get you as well, but no luck.

I think we're dangerously low on common sense. Should we write to our congressmen to require that they find more common sense?
Waste of time. Our congressmen are too busy looking for common "cents" to fill their pockets.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,579,627 times
Quote:
Give a read to Lee Iacocca's new book, Where Have All The Leaders Gone? in which he makes a similar observation. He also notes stuff like the fact that the U.S. should have China by the cuones, not the other way around -- because WE are their almost-sole market for everything China's shiny new economy produces. Therefore WE should be dictating terms here, not China.

Despite this display of sense, Iacocca is still a New Deal Democrat, and those are the very people who got us into the trouble we're in today, what with the advent of gov't sanctioned pork and making gov't debt acceptable.

Quote:
Great reasons...
I wonder how many more DOLLARS we'd have in our pockets if none of this pork was FIRST extracted from our pockets as taxes, then rolled around D.C. for a while, then dribbled back to us......

(And what's with contractors these days? so far today I've had TWO no-shows for bids to replace my roof.)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana