U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:44 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Reputation: 15493

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Those people getting busted in the early years of a few brave states defying the feds were trying to get busted. They wanted to fight the charges all the way to the supreme court to try and win a precedent setting case to pave the way for further legalization
There were some busts of "pot clubs" and licensed suppliers recently in SF and Berkeley. I'm guessing it's 'cause they got too big and flashy.
It really is too bad and although I don't smoke it or drink booze I see using "herb" no different than a having a few cocktails or a twelve pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2008, 08:30 AM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,879,314 times
Reputation: 3535
I see smoking the herb as more like having 2 beers or 1 cocktail !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 36,385,000 times
Reputation: 2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I see smoking the herb as more like having 2 beers or 1 cocktail !!!
And three bags of chips, two candy bars and.....
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"]"No Copyrighted Material."[/COLOR][/B]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
 
33 posts, read 90,719 times
Reputation: 10
Hope it would be legalized, it's so hard to find any herb in this town! More supply and don't have to wait months to get it. It's much easier to go to california or florida to get it and bring it back..faster too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,540 posts, read 12,579,627 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
Supreme Court: Feds May Arrest Medical Marijuana Users

This is an older link so not sure if anything new legally is going on but here are some instances where some legal medicinal users were worrying a bit. These folks may have had other circumstances that were drawing the attention of the feds I suppose...
Considering how widespread legit medicinal use has become, I'm surprised there hasn't been a move toward making it legally available in pill form, which would be a lot more convenient for many people.

Yeah, direct delivery via the lungs is more efficient, but pot smoke is WAY more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke (pot smoke contains a lot more heavy hydrocarbons and produces more soot) and not everyone enjoys a lungful of smoke of any sort. In fact some people are deathly allergic to it. (My sister can't even be in a room where someone has smoked pot; her whole face puffs up and looks like she encountered Vinnie and Guido in a dark alley.)

And yeah, some people make it into cookies, but that's not the best move if you have a weight problem, or don't like sweets, or are diabetic, etc.

So... pills. It should be available as pills.

Which would also make getting the correct dosage a lot easier, especially for those inexperienced at recreational drug use. One pill for nausea, two pills for pain, etc. Just like aspirin.

Side thought: if a previous era's economics had gone a different direction, we could be discussing the legality of harvesting willow bark.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
 
33 posts, read 90,719 times
Reputation: 10
even if you have a card, you may still be arrested. Only 96 people in Montana have the card, and 196 people who qualify, can't find an M.D. to sign off on one. Even though doctors won't be arrested for signing off on the card, they are afraid the feds will brand them pot favorable doctors. Thats what one faces in an old culture of alcohol and tobacco!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 PM
 
33 posts, read 90,719 times
Reputation: 10
I guess an overthrow of this stupid government is in order. Didn't Thomas Jefferson say we needed a revolution every 200 years? It's about time for another. This time it would be about the stupidity and corruption of our present government!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,879,314 times
Reputation: 3535
I wouldn't advise tossing the baby out with the bathwater. Given the pressures on our way of life and our economy the last thing in the world we need is a civil war . All our enemies would pounce on us at once and we would lose our country. How well do you speak Arabic, Russian or Chinese !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Considering how widespread legit medicinal use has become, I'm surprised there hasn't been a move toward making it legally available in pill form, which would be a lot more convenient for many people.

Yeah, direct delivery via the lungs is more efficient, but pot smoke is WAY more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke (pot smoke contains a lot more heavy hydrocarbons and produces more soot) and not everyone enjoys a lungful of smoke of any sort. In fact some people are deathly allergic to it. (My sister can't even be in a room where someone has smoked pot; her whole face puffs up and looks like she encountered Vinnie and Guido in a dark alley.)

And yeah, some people make it into cookies, but that's not the best move if you have a weight problem, or don't like sweets, or are diabetic, etc.

So... pills. It should be available as pills.

Which would also make getting the correct dosage a lot easier, especially for those inexperienced at recreational drug use. One pill for nausea, two pills for pain, etc. Just like aspirin.

Side thought: if a previous era's economics had gone a different direction, we could be discussing the legality of harvesting willow bark.

.
It is available in pill form and has been for years. Not real hard to get a prescription from the doc's and no fear of bust from anyone. I've heard that the affects of the pill are not the same as ingesting it the traditional way. Having not taken the pill form I can't speak to that but have to wonder if it's that you don't get stoned off it as you do the other ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippperhead View Post
I guess an overthrow of this stupid government is in order. Didn't Thomas Jefferson say we needed a revolution every 200 years? It's about time for another. This time it would be about the stupidity and corruption of our present government!!!
Or, go roll one and relax.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top