Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,925,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I remember being told that calling Texas-born-and-bred descendants of the old Spanish families "Mexicans" is fightin' words... they aren't Mexicans and they don't want to be confused with 'em either!

Otherwise... HEAR HEAR!! I'm sick of being shoved out of my own country and my own culture by foreigners determined to bring the Old Country with them AND inflict it on everyone around them. Try that in THEIR country and see how far you get!

Me, I don't give a flip where you're from, if you immigrate and become an AMERICAN. In that case you're welcome aboard and howdy to ya. But DON'T come here and remain wholly a member of [insert country here] and then tell me that *I* have to change to accomodate YOUR culture.

Gee, sounds a lot like "Don't bring California to Montana and expect Montanas to like it", don't it.
BTW, yes I caught your edit notes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 16,898 times
Definition of racism: someone who acknowledges the differences between the races that go much deeper than mere skin color.

or

White folks who are tired of paying taxes for others to live scott free, tired of destroyed schools, high crime rates and having to learn a foreign language to get a job in their hometown.

Lets just all admit why we are coming to Montana, to be around our own kind.

Refugee

Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 PM

8,085 posts, read 15,105,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiarefugee View Post
Definition of racism: someone who acknowledges the differences between the races that go much deeper than mere skin color.

or

White folks who are tired of paying taxes for others to live scott free, tired of destroyed schools, high crime rates and having to learn a foreign language to get a job in their hometown.

Lets just all admit why we are coming to Montana, to be around our own kind.
Nailed that one dead-on, ya did

"My Own Kind" defined as anyone else who believes in "I don't care WHO you are, stay outta my wallet!"

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,925,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Nailed that one dead-on, ya did

"My Own Kind" defined as anyone else who believes in "I don't care WHO you are, stay outta my wallet!"
I don't think that's what refugee meant but I'll go with the stay outta my wallet!
I think refugee moved to the wrong area, I'd say Hayden Idaho would've been more "pleasing" to him/her.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,554 times
Default stay out of my stat you flippin texas wannbe cowboy punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouston62 View Post
I second the motion regarding moving to Montana to get the h*ll out of East Texas. I'm a Houston native and have lived here for 35 of my 47 years. Houston used to be a pretty decent place until the early 1970's, then a massive influx of Yankees followed by a massive invasion of illegal aliens followed by another inundation of people from Asia and the Near East has completely ruined this town. I scarcely recognize the place anymore and feel like a foreigner in the place I grew up in.

A few years ago my wife and I were *privileged* (and I mean that sincerely), to visit Montana while vacationing and we fell in love with the state. Naturally, we were enthralled by the beauty of southwestern MT, (the part we drove through), but we were also impressed by how much the people reminded us of the Texans we grew up around in the 1960's - honest, decent, hard-working folks who lived by the Golden Rule and expected others to do the same.

When we got back to Houston and it's urban blight, crime, traffic, heat, pollution, and multicultural "diverse" chaos it was, to say the least, a depressing experience. It is only a matter of time before this town and the rest of the State goes back to Mexico. (Will the last real Texan to leave Texas please bring the Lone Star flag and Sam Houston's statue with you when you cross the state line?)

Anyway, it goes without saying that this place is no longer recognizable to us and we have sadly concluded that Texas is as doomed as California due to uncontrolled immigration. There is no way I see us retiring here 20 years from now. We want to get the heck out of here and move to someplace in the Rockies to get back to a lifestyle and a culture we can recognize as being old-style American.

Currently, Montana is our first choice - mainly because we like the lay of the land and the low population density there. Now that the real estate bubble has popped, we are hoping that land and house prices will recede to more reasonable and affordable levels in your state. I think the banking crisis (i.e. credit crunch) and the end of the real estate boom may bring a swift end to the phenomenon of Montana and other western states being invaded by leftist whackos from the West and East coasts. Anyone see any signs of this yet?

Anyway, I'm convinced that Montanans aren't all that different from old fashioned Texans. We have a common Western culture and neither of us cotton to outsiders coming to our states and changing everything. Trust me - if we move to Montana, we'll be grateful to be there and the last thing we'll want to do is tell Montanan's how to run their state. I reckon a person had to prove himself and become a productive member of the local community before he/she *earns* the right to start griping about *anything.*

You see, we've had a similar problem in Texas, (and the rest of the South), for over a century with Yankees coming down here from up North for our warm climate and laid-back culture who then waste no time at all trying to turn Dixie into NYC. This has always riled us and I absolutely "get it" as to why Montanans are royally ticked off over the California invasion and condescension. Ugly Californians are your version of our "Yankee" problem.

In Texas we have a saying that there are 3 kinds of Yankees: (1) A "Yankee" is a person from up North, (2) A damnyankee is someone from up North who visits the South and proceeds to tell us how they do things up North, and (3) a G*damnyankee is one who moves to the South and tries to "reform" Dixie so that it'll be more like the hellish Yankeeland he/she just fled.

I reckon there is a similar breakdown regarding folks from California, depending on how they act when they get to Montana.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from some longtime Montanan's regarding what sort of jobs are most plentiful and pay best in your state. Also, where is housing still reasonably affordable for regular, middle-class, working people? Is Montana really as economically depressed as some folks on these boards are saying, or are y'all just trying to spook all the rich California weirdos so they'll stay home?

Montanans have a list and texas is at the top of that list for people who need to stay the hell out of my state followed closely by california, and everybody else, except for wyoming and north and south dakota, idaho can forget themselves because they allowed there state to be destroyed.
exactly like you allowed yours to be destroyed, and i stand here to tell you that all rich, poor, white, black, green, yellow, moronic outta staters coming here are in for a rude awakening when Montanans start to block off access to private and public lands because the outta stater has no idea how to act or show respect to said land and property, so you will not be able to live out some wet dream of a wannabe cowboy or some great outdoorsman because we who actually belong here will not allow your wishful thinking of building another cookie cutter subdivision and telling all y'alls wannabe punk friends back in your own loser state that your a great white hunter now because you moved to Montana. So to answer your stupid typical texan question, Montanans, indian, white, black, asian, that are native or 4th, 5th,and 6th generation do not want or need you anywhere near our state. And there are no jobs for you here.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 PM

947 posts, read 3,566,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Montanans have a list and texas is at the top of that list for people who need to stay the hell out of my state followed closely by california, and everybody else, except for wyoming and north and south dakota, idaho can forget themselves because they allowed there state to be destroyed.
exactly like you allowed yours to be destroyed, and i stand here to tell you that all rich, poor, white, black, green, yellow, moronic outta staters coming here are in for a rude awakening when Montanans start to block off access to private and public lands because the outta stater has no idea how to act or show respect to said land and property, so you will not be able to live out some wet dream of a wannabe cowboy or some great outdoorsman because we who actually belong here will not allow your wishful thinking of building another cookie cutter subdivision and telling all y'alls wannabe punk friends back in your own loser state that your a great white hunter now because you moved to Montana. So to answer your stupid typical texan question, Montanans, indian, white, black, asian, that are native or 4th, 5th,and 6th generation do not want or need you anywhere near our state. And there are no jobs for you here.
Gee, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You're being extremely hard and very rude..... and no surprise, this is your first post.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 PM

109 posts, read 172,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
...zzz...zzz.

If my family up there heard someone talk like that, they'd grab the little bugger by the ear and show their arse to the door. There's always gotta be one I guess.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:58 AM

7 posts, read 15,485 times
Default Jobs keep us in Texas

We have considered leaving Texas for much the same reasons. We live in West Texas and the freakin' heat can make you stone crazy after so many years. In addition Mexican drug gangs making armed excursions into our state/country virtually at will makes us wonder exactly where we are heading in terms of futures for our children.

We have looked at Idaho, SD, ND, and Montana but in the end our jobs keep us here. Between the two of us we bank pretty well and doubt seriously we could own a home anywhere near what we have here for a similar price elsewhere. It's nice to dream about mountains, streams, and snow but most likely we won't do it.

I hope it works out for you and if you find the perfect town post it on here for the rest of us.

sunburned in the Lone Star

Old 11-29-2008, 09:16 AM

8,085 posts, read 15,105,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc4200 View Post
In addition Mexican drug gangs making armed excursions into our state/country virtually at will makes us wonder exactly where we are heading in terms of futures for our children.
I used to be generally pro-immigrant; after living in SoCal for 24 years, and witnessing stuff like you describe, I've become all for gun turrets at the border. But as you say, I think it's already too late for large chunks of the American southland, and the rest will only be saved by taking strong measures to protect it. Which in today's political climate, will never happen.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 AM

7 posts, read 15,485 times
Default Borderland

I agree Reziac. The violence on the Tex-Mex border is so bad. Beheadings, firing squads, home invasions, kidnappings, are all very common in Juarez & Nuevo Laredo and their Texas border areas. It is creeping over the border and we don't seem to do anything about it. Two border patrol agents shot a drug runner in El Paso and we put them in jail for it. That's when we decided to re-evaluate our options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana