U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 AM

2,765 posts, read 6,508,852 times

Advertisements

What was a simple question has to turn into a negative California thread, don't some of you have anything better to do than to trash this state over and over again? Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 AM

77 posts, read 213,620 times
You are correct, we shouldnt be so quick to trash CA, mostly what we are
trashing in a mentality That goes something like this. "Lets go to MT on vacation. OHHHHHHHH isint it wonderful here lets moove" Thats where the fun stops. and real life takes over, and the complaining usually starts
and unfortunatly frequently. All people are saying is they are sick of people moving into MT because they dont like where they live and then gripe because MT isnt like where they came from. CRAZY. But, I do agree we should focus on answering questions and not bashing people and there nonsense attitudes.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,524,455 times
Back to the OP, no you don't have to register your gun and in fact once you are a resident you can walk into any gun shop and buy one AND take it home since we don't have the waiting period that CA does. You can also carry (not conceled) almost anywhere and if warranted a CC permit is not hard to get. You'll notice (or be shocked) around hunting season many people wearing sidearms out on the street either going or coming from the woods.
Enjoy!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,899,738 times
No body here is "trashing California" Californians are doing a fine job on their own. Bringing up and discussing the faults of that state and it's people is not trashing the state. This post is about gun laws in Montana ! I asked the sheriff's department in Sanders county several years back what it takes to get a concealed weapons permit. I was told that I would need a concealed carry permit even if the gun is in a holster. I'm not sure if I was fed a crock or if that is their policy. I seems that if it is their policy, it wouldn't hold up in Court. Just go the the State of Montana's web site and I think you can research all of the laws of this state.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,814,780 times
From my recollection, there is no state law that says you can't carry IN FULL VIEW, but some counties/cities have their own rules.

Getting a concealed carry permit is not very difficult, and I actually enjoyed the course when I took it 8 years ago.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:23 PM

127 posts, read 308,930 times
That's great to know! I live in Illinois which has some of the harshest gun laws in the nation. It's horrible. This is one of the things that my husband and I find appealing about Montana. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to wear guns around like Rambo, but I'd like to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:24 PM

Every household should have a gun. I got my own gun at the age of twelve, the same year I learned how to drive. The drinking and smoking came two years later ! !

Old 08-17-2008, 06:14 PM

127 posts, read 308,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Every household should have a gun. I got my own gun at the age of twelve, the same year I learned how to drive. The drinking and smoking came two years later ! !
Gun at 12 . . . no problem.

Driving at 12 . . . ok.

Drinking and smoking at 14. . . .not so much!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM

Terrible isn't it, and that was 42 years ago ! Think about the peer pressures and bad parenting on the kids today. I had decent church going, hard working well educated medical professionals for parents and I still got into all kinds of trouble. I'm thankful I didn't grow up in a ghetto or I would no doubt be in prison or dead by now. We are on our way to being self sustaining landlords without having to work other than managing and maintaining our rentals.
I still like to plink off a few every few years onto a target just so see if I'm still a dead on good shot. I only have a pellet air rifle and an old Llama Especial made in Spain, a semi auto 22 cal pistol. It's cheesy but accurate and it jams with lead rounds. The weapon needs to be clean and loaded with copper or copper plated ammo to be dependable.
Just bring your gun or buy one here and be happy to have the freedom that we still have here.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,029,572 times
One of the major factors for me getting out of California is the BS gun laws. Its great to be going back to America!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana