Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Terrible isn't it, and that was 42 years ago ! Think about the peer pressures and bad parenting on the kids today. I had decent church going, hard working well educated medical professionals for parents and I still got into all kinds of trouble. I'm thankful I didn't grow up in a ghetto or I would no doubt be in prison or dead by now. We are on our way to being self sustaining landlords without having to work other than managing and maintaining our rentals.
I still like to plink off a few every few years onto a target just so see if I'm still a dead on good shot. I only have a pellet air rifle and an old Llama Especial made in Spain, a semi auto 22 cal pistol. It's cheesy but accurate and it jams with lead rounds. The weapon needs to be clean and loaded with copper or copper plated ammo to be dependable.
Just bring your gun or buy one here and be happy to have the freedom that we still have here.
Heh heh... I was a bit of a troublemaker as well. I don't know if it was because I was "overchurched", or what put such sinister ideas into my head (such as the dead skunk we put in the ventilation system of my high school.) Never did any real bad damage other than the occasional exploding mailbox and the all American TP'ing of "that kids" house..

Still grew up target shooting, hunting, fishing etc, but like you if I would have been in a ghetto I would probably be dead or in jail also.

I still use the .22 stevens that my great grandfather gave me when I was 12 to shoot gophers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I really started my shooting hobby with a bb rifle at the age of ten, my first real firearm that was really mine was an over-under, 22 cal rifle / 410 gauge shotgun.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times
I have an ancient 20-ga. shotgun that I love -- it's a cheapo "Ward's Western Fields" (my dad probably dragged it home from Monkey Wards back in the 1950s -- store managers got their pick of returns for cheap or free) but it has such nice balance, it feels like an extension of my arm. Tho I'm still lucky to hit the broadside of the barn I've had people try to buy it off me several times but no way, this one stays with me for life!

Interesting site with lots of research on personal protection firearms effectiveness: FirearmsTactical.com - Web Site Index and Navigation Center

Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
I'd like to find an over-under .17/410. Those little .17 cal rounds are fast and fun! Too bad they aren't center fires and reloadable for what they ask for a box of 'em.

I had a great little daisy 10 pump bb / pellet rifle that I stupidly gave to my ex-brother in law years ago. Wish I still had it for my son. (He'll get my .22 though!)

Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I had a 218 bee, rifle that had a huge scope, Cant remember the name of the rifle but it had an insane range and the rounds were huge for such a small caliber. I traded it off for a huge record album collection when I was 16, the same year I traded my Monkey Wards motorcycle for an electric guitar.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 PM

355 posts, read 1,146,766 times
I've still got a Marlin Golden 39A lever action .22 carbine that my Dad gave me when I was about 12 or so. I had several BB guns and a couple single shot .22s before that, but the lever action graduated me to the "big time".

How many rounds have been through that Micro-grooved barrel I have no idea. I still have the bill of sale from the hardware store, dated 1972. I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 200,000 rounds shot through and it still does just fine.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

9 posts, read 24,987 times
I just moved here from Georgia and wanted to go camping. I was wondering if I could carry a side arm (.357).

Also:
I am not yet a resident and understand that I cannot get a concealed weapons permit or fish for 6 months, but I am wondering if it is alright to do a little hiking and camping along the river. I had the yellowstone and missouri in mind.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Are you planning on concealing your weapon?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 PM

9 posts, read 24,987 times
No, I was planning on keeping it out in the open if it is legal.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reart View Post
No, I was planning on keeping it out in the open if it is legal.
Wear it to your hearts content, it's legal as long as you're not in someplace like Glacier Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana