Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM

28 posts, read 69,528 times

Advertisements

Hello I have been reading for a while and like the site! My first post. My wife and I are tired of the winters in West Yellowstone. The Bitterroot valley seems to be the place for us. Any info on Hamilton Mt? ie.. Elk Hunting is a concern as are home values in downtown Hamilton. Elk hunting here is consistent and our home value is still going up due to the lack of available land. Are home values in Hamilton stable or declining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM

369 posts, read 1,454,363 times
Ravalli County is the fastest growing county in Montana. Depending on the location, prices are at least stabilized to rising. Elk hunting is probably better where you live, but if you travel towards Dillon or Philipsburg there are more elk than in the Bitterroot I've heard. Wolves are showing their faces on the outskirts of Missoula these days and that will put an end to the elk.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Thanks we have a wolf problem here and the elk in district 361 are not migrating through as they have in the past. The past two years I have resorted to district 362 and 360 near Ennis to fill my Freezer. Do you know if hunting in district 261 or 204 have areas that one can drive to and walk in and have a reasonable chance to fill a tag?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:08 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkeater View Post
Hello I have been reading for a while and like the site! My first post. My wife and I are tired of the winters in West Yellowstone. The Bitterroot valley seems to be the place for us. Any info on Hamilton Mt? ie.. Elk Hunting is a concern as are home values in downtown Hamilton. Elk hunting here is consistent and our home value is still going up due to the lack of available land. Are home values in Hamilton stable or declining?
Hello and welcome. Come over to the porch for a visit.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM

Well lots of readers but no response? HMMM I am the guy who will give up a day of hunting and help a stranger retrieve an elk and always stop when a vehicle is pulled over to see if they need help. I plow my driveway and the neighbors if they are wt work. My dogs do not like or need a leash they are on voice command and respond always. I have never wounded an elk nor will I take a questionable shot. I am coming with a work ethic as is my wife. We will be financially stable for a year or so while finding reliable employment. Need a hand with something just ask! Or are there no elk hunters reading. I moved here from Pa. in 1985 grew up with a firearm or flyrod in hand. Generally I dislike most not all but most flyfishermen. When in the woods I pick up any and all litter. HMM any help out there I was hoping to get feedback from real hunters vs guide service from the internet?

Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM

193 posts, read 463,377 times
Elkeater, I wish I could help ya out. I do my elk hunting in the Townsend area and have for years. So I don't know my way around the bitterroot. We hope to move to MT. one day too. If we both get out there and you need help getting one out, I would help you too. I am glad I had help with this years bull. It was a bit of work but now we are enjoying every bite. If you need scouting help I would be up for that as well.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 PM

What can I say? Holy Moly.
A perfect day....

Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM

193 posts, read 463,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
What can I say? Holy Moly.
A perfect day....
It just don't get much better!!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 AM

540 posts, read 1,909,833 times
Broz, nice bull by the way!

I'm also interested in Hamilton, Mt. How is the travel to or from Missoula to Hamilton during winter? Does Hamilton get a lot of snow? I've been searching the Internet for more information but I gott dig deeper but thought I would try posting to get any responses. What type of stores are in Hamilton? I'm assuming since the population is low, that the good 'ol mom and pop stores are there which in my book gives any town that unique feeling and great customer service these days, that lacks in the bigger chain type stores. Possibly looking to move my wife and 4 yr. old to Hamilton, so schools are always important too. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Broz, nice bull by the way!

I'm also interested in Hamilton, Mt. How is the travel to or from Missoula to Hamilton during winter? Does Hamilton get a lot of snow? I've been searching the Internet for more information but I gott dig deeper but thought I would try posting to get any responses. What type of stores are in Hamilton? I'm assuming since the population is low, that the good 'ol mom and pop stores are there which in my book gives any town that unique feeling and great customer service these days, that lacks in the bigger chain type stores. Possibly looking to move my wife and 4 yr. old to Hamilton, so schools are always important too. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Here is a thread that is a bit old to get you started:
Hamilton
welcome and come by the porch for a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana