U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:18 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,732,598 times

Advertisements

We will be driving through Harlowton, MT at dinner. What is the best place to eat and do they have any good Chinese restaurants?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 PM

44 posts, read 161,708 times
Hahahahaha. "...good Chinese restaurants?".. You've *got* to be kidding!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,732,598 times
I fgured as much on the chinese

Can someone suggest a good restaurant?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,496,890 times
There aren't ANY real good restaurants in the entire state, (at least I haven't found them yet). I suppose it depends on what your definition of good is. It seems as though a lot of folks here are just happy to have any kind of restaurants and don't seem to demand good cooking. If you like decent chinese food go to China Buffet in Missoula.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 AM

155 posts, read 627,570 times
You got to know Harlowton is a town of 800-1000 people. Not much for cultural diversity in many of MT's small towns. Also, I disagree with you rickers... there is some real good restaurants in the state, but it does depend on your definition. Personally i feel you don't have to have ambiance to have great food. There is many hole in the wall places through out MT that have excellent food imo. Have not been to Harlo for years so I can not speak to what they have, good luck though.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM

I think I'm just too picky as I've lived down south (N.C.), Puget Sound area, and the city I spent most of my younger days in now has about 4500 restaurants. There's a place near Woods Bay that I haven't tried yet that I can't remember the name of. Someone in my town said was good. There is a rumour going around here that a Red Lobster is coming to Kalispell, ? I doubt it, I've heard rumors of them coming to Missoula a few years back and those rumours weren't true either. I think Red Lobster is kind of a joke and have to be coerced by my wife to drive to one. Does anyone know of any new Mexican restaurants in Kalispell or nearby, or any really good restaurants around the state ? I will travel for good food ! I tried Bajio a few times and am not very impressed. We need a good taco truck !
There is a good Chinese place in Shelby called Kow Loon, and great falls has a few Chinese places.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 AM

155 posts, read 627,570 times
I like the Montana Rib&Chop house in Billings, one in Livingston I think? I ate at the one in billings and had one of the best steaks i have ever had. Guadalajara resturant in Billings is a family owned establishment and serves pretty good authentic mexican food. I used to eat at the Lamplighter in Butte had huge huge prime rib, and great steaks. They served salad, shrimp and a pasta with every meal.... I heard it closed too bad though. That chinese buffet in Butte was also pretty good... usually went there after one of the football games.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM

I'm getting hungry. I just made a post on the food board on that immortal "whats for dinner tonight" thread. We'll be having "Chicken Frederico" Look at how many posts have been made on that thread. I love going to good restaurants especially seafood, (yea and look where I'm living"!), Mexican, (yea and look where I'm living"!), Chinese, Indian and Italian are high on my list, (yea look where I'm living) .
Thanks mtboy I'll try to remember those, I am an absolute fiend for real BBQ and there are just a few BBQ joints popping up here and there now. I just saw some Latino migrant workers in Plains yesterday. A bit late in the season I thought, but some are wintering there I guess. I'm hoping a few of these Latino immigrants will decide to open little taco shops or operate taco trucks in our county. There has been a Chinese food truck in Plains lately and Hot Springs had a taco truck lingering around for a while.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,053,318 times
Choo choo!

That's about the extent of my knowledge of Harlowton.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 PM

2,670 posts, read 3,551,670 times
There are only three restaurants in harlowton as near as i can remember,[assuming none of the three has closed since i was last there about 14 months ago].You have wades driveinn,that has been around forever and is nothing special,directly across the road is the sportsmans lounge which is a bar/restaurant with decent food,and there is one place on main street which i believe is called the cornerstone,its a prettygood restaurant.Harlowton has been dying slowly for years,it was never exactly a booming place,my grandfather was born there,and i still have cousins there.Every time i go back to visit there is less and less still open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana