U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,918,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I hunt fish, smallmouth bass, trout, perch, whitefish, pike, walleye, kokannee, greyling, largemouth bass, ling and I like to trap crawdads.
Rickers, just noticed your location... you back on the rez ??? Thought you left the rez for better days in... Conrad was it ?!

Miss the rez did ya...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 PM

73 posts, read 184,857 times
My brother and i used to fish a lot with our dad but we lost him to cancer back in 2000 so i kind of lost interest in fishing,I took up hunting Turkey instead.I saw some of the mountains and can understand what you mean.I'm starting to have some trouble getting up them but our season opens Nov.8 and i have seen a nice buck so i will be crawling my way up there.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:02 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,459,897 times
A couple of my friends have already been out hunting and filled several of their deer tags and one antilope tag. Elk has been spotty from what they are saying and the paper just ran an article that the FWP check stations have been seeing a real slow start to the season due to the weather.
This should all change next week though.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:07 AM

73 posts, read 184,857 times
Sounds like the deer hunting is going very well then.I think i would prefer to hunt mule deer over elk,we are starting to get a pretty good herd of elk here in Kentucky but to hunt them you need to inter a drawing in order hunt,even then they only release a limited amount of tags.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:10 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,870,919 times
Stephan_K, yup we done got homesick ! We are renting out our Conrad building and will try to flip it. We'll keep our Hot Springs place for now. I may want to start hunting turkey as I'm moving to a little trailer right on Mission creek and while there looking at it I heard some turkeys really close. I did my turkey call and got replies from the birds and got them to come a little closer. I wasn't hidden so they wouldn't come out into the open.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,152,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat51 View Post
Sounds like the deer hunting is going very well then.I think i would prefer to hunt mule deer over elk,we are starting to get a pretty good herd of elk here in Kentucky but to hunt them you need to inter a drawing in order hunt,even then they only release a limited amount of tags.
If you're heart is set on mule deer I think you have more luck with them east of the divide rather than the Flathead. There are a few mule deer near Kalispell but mostly Whitetail deer.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,888,622 times
Seeing lots of mulies here on the prairie. One tag down one to go.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,888,622 times
Attachment 29973

Beautiful!

Last edited by Mt-7; 12-06-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 10:09 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,918,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Stephan_K, yup we done got homesick ! We are renting out our Conrad building and will try to flip it. We'll keep our Hot Springs place for now. I may want to start hunting turkey as I'm moving to a little trailer right on Mission creek and while there looking at it I heard some turkeys really close. I did my turkey call and got replies from the birds and got them to come a little closer. I wasn't hidden so they wouldn't come out into the open.
Homesick... hehe. Keep those places rented out man ! I hope everything works out as planned for you.

I have never turkey hunted, never had any desire. Just Deer back East and now added Elk to my list since moving here. We got turkey all over this mountain too, pack of about 10 or so that I saw. Maybe next year I'll add them to my list too... provided the coyotes and wolves leave a couple.

I'll never forget when I was a kid and first heard a turkey while deer hunting in PA. Scared the crap out of me. Sounded like a cross between a wild Indian running through the woods hooting and hollering and a freight train. I didn't know what the hell was going on. From dead silence to all that ruckus 30 yards away, I came out of my boots... Maybe that's why I have no desire to turkey hunt, I was traumatized as a kid buy them .

Enjoy the new location...

Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM

305 posts, read 777,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Attachment 29973

beautiful!

bang!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana