Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,673 times

Advertisements

Glad the elections are over... No more signs, no more commercials, No more pollsters calling at night and no more of those annoying door to door people coming around!!

I just hope with a supermajority the dems don't tax us to death or try to take away our individual freedoms. Either way the sun still came up today and I for one am glad it's over.

How about you guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times
I think everyone feels the same way with every election....glad that all the ads are over! Especially the negative ones. Wouldn't it be so much nicer if candidates stuck to the issues rather than being negative toward their opponents? Maybe it's just human nature, but I'd rather just hear the positives myself!

I am excited to know now who our President will be as I am leading a tour of students and adults to Washington D.C. for the Inauguration in January. It will definitely be a historical event, once in a lifetime experience. Some people have dropped out of my tour because they couldn't afford making the final payments by the deadline. We are hoping that the tour company will allow us to fill the open spaces with replacements travelers. I'm sure looking forward to the trip and the history that's involved!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,503,079 times
That sounds awesome Georgia.

And Timberwolf, I'm super excited and I also hope that the democrats don't overtax us with their newfound power, I think that they'll have a hard time justifying increasing taxes and government spending at this particular point in our economic struggle.

At the same time, I am excited that we have reached a historic landmark in our country's political process and have our first African-American president.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 PM

109 posts, read 172,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
That sounds awesome Georgia.

And Timberwolf, I'm super excited and I also hope that the democrats don't overtax us with their newfound power, I think that they'll have a hard time justifying increasing taxes and government spending at this particular point in our economic struggle.

At the same time, I am excited that we have reached a historic landmark in our country's political process and have our first African-American president.
I totally agree, I wouldn't worry too much about huge tax increases or loss of rights (geez, can we say Patriot Act) with Obama. I'm not a huge liberal, but I have definitely (like the vast majority of America) had my fill of Old Washington thinking and the Republican abuse of power. 8 yrs of arguably the worst president in U.S. history has taken its toll, and Americans are excited for the first time about the possibility of real change. So since we can't bring Reagan back from heaven, let's try to embrace Obama's youth and fresh thinking and all come together to mend our great country. It's time for a president that's for the people, and many Americans have crossed party lines to invest hope in Obama. Let's focus not on red & blue, but on rebuilding America. And I'm not sure if y'all been keeping up on this...but screw Russia!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM

638 posts, read 1,917,799 times
I loathed both the douchebags running

RON PAUL ... he is/was the man. I got VERY rude to Obama campaigners coming to our door. Basically told them to get the hell away from my house LOL

And now w/that racist piece of **** running our country even more into the ground than it was I'm glad I live in a small town.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm glad that so many people are happy.. I've never really cared for politicians and bureaucrats, but I'm hoping that this will be a breath of fresh air and new ideas. Hat's off to America.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
I'm not happy or sad, I think people got duped by a smooth talking pol and blinded by their disgust over the last 8 years and nothing more. We'll see what happens and since I didn't vote for either party I'll be chuckling if good 'ole silk tongue doesn't deliver on his campaign promises which I'm guessing he won't or can't.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm not happy or sad, I think people got duped by a smooth talking pol and blinded by their disgust over the last 8 years and nothing more. We'll see what happens and since I didn't vote for either party I'll be chuckling if good 'ole silk tongue doesn't deliver on his campaign promises which I'm guessing he won't or can't.
I didn't vote for either of them either. Just trying to stay optimistic.

Did you guys get any snow this week up in the Flathead?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I didn't vote for either of them either. Just trying to stay optimistic.

Did you guys get any snow this week up in the Flathead?
Yes but it didn't stick on the valley floor then turned to rain then flurries, the mountains have a few inches on 'em though. 21 degrees right now (brrrrrrrr) wish it'd get started already so I don't burn up my studs.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,503,079 times
Im with you there jimj, if its going to be this cold, there needs to be inches of snow on the ground.

I bet he won't be able to follow through on a lot of his campaign promises, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the economy is in near-meltdown mode and he needs to fix that before he can do anything productive.

So, we'll see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana