Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 PM

87 posts, read 235,281 times

Advertisements

I need all the information you can possibly give on Ashland, Montana BY DECEMBER 14TH. Have passed through the area before, and realize it is a very small town. It is very hard to find info on it. Is there a nearby grocery store? What about hospital? Have a job offer there and going back and forth 1400 miles isnt financially possible, obviously, so will have to spend 4-6 weeks there while waiting for final job clearance. How difficult is it to get a Montana driver's license? Have a license from Oh; of course, but will need to get a car in the Ashland area. This is a remote area but an oppt'y to work on a native American reservation and fulfill a lifetime goal. Many are discouraging and saying 'how can you take a good job with no start up costs"? (to live on). Company is having me come out for a second face to face but have already begun asking for paperowork.. I would think this means I have the job or at least a very good chance at it? But I don't know. I don't have all the answers. The economy in the north east is some of the worst in the country and savings have dwindled drastically while unemployed. As I said, I spent some time in Montana (Billings, Miles City and Bozeman) on my way to Yellowstone Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 AM

947 posts, read 3,572,282 times
THis might be helpful:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Ashland-Montana.html
The city data page has populatuion info, income info, housing prices, etc

This might help as well:
Ashland, Montana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It'd also be worthwhile to look up the City Hall or Ashland Police Department (or county sherriff's office) and ask them to direct you to the right place for information........ they might be able to answer the questions you have themselves.

A little research goes a long way.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss x3 View Post
How difficult is it to get a Montana driver's license? Have a license from Oh; of course, but will need to get a car in the Ashland area.
Good luck! Getting a MT drivers license isn't difficult - but you will need to go to the nearest DMV to have your picture taken and have your license transferred over. A search on the mt.gov website should give you the right information.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 AM

305 posts, read 869,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss x3 View Post
How difficult is it to get a Montana driver's license? Have a license from Oh; of course, but will need to get a car in the Ashland area.
Have to be able to prove residency in the state too. But, if you have a rental agreement or something like that, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
Have to be able to prove residency in the state too. But, if you have a rental agreement or something like that, it shouldn't be too difficult.
As Gman said, Rental agreement works and so does a phone bill,power bill,cable bill etc.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 PM

87 posts, read 235,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioBroadcaster2008 View Post
THis might be helpful:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Ashland-Montana.html
The city data page has populatuion info, income info, housing prices, etc

This might help as well:
Ashland, Montana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It'd also be worthwhile to look up the City Hall or Ashland Police Department (or county sherriff's office) and ask them to direct you to the right place for information........ they might be able to answer the questions you have themselves.

A little research goes a long way.
Thank you everyone,m but we won't be moving there after all.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 14,080 times
Default Hello

Dear Sir or Madam:

Hello! This is kinda weird, but I guess I thought I would drop you a line anyway. My name is Ashland Bishop, a native of Louisiana and is looking for a teaching position on an Indian Reservation. Just a few years ago, I visited the Grand Tetons/YellowStone National Park. It was an amazing adventure. Really, it was snowing in June! So here I am in Arkansas now looking for a job teaching. I have two degrees in Pre-law and General Studies but now certification. I am sure I can get into a program where they get me certified if I sign a contract. So if you know of any places let me know.

Thank you,

Ashland Bishop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana