U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM
 
305 posts, read 777,928 times
Reputation: 208

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I need to get my poor dog some booties and a sweater ! It's so cold she doesn't want to do her business.
I hear ya Rickers! My dog's legs or muscles or something seize up when he's out too long and he has to come hobbling and limping up the stairs to get back in the house. Nothing a couple minutes by the stove doesn't cure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 AM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,879,314 times
Reputation: 3535
Our dog is half Black Lab and half White Great Pyrenees and she has webbed toes. When she comes in from being out in the snow we have to remove ice balls from between her toes for her. She has a rough time doing it herself. Sometimes I think that our pets own us and not the other way around !

Last edited by Rickers; 12-18-2008 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Our dog is half Black Lab and half White Great Pyrenees and she has webbed toes. When she comes in from being out in the snow we have to remove ice balls from between her toes for her. She has a rough time doing it herself. Sometimes I think that our pets own us and not the other way around !
SOMETIMES? They always do!

Well, we've got a foot of "global warming" so far but at least we're in that heat wave, it's +14 or so but supposed to dive to -3 tomorrow Thankfully it's powdery so far and easy to blow off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
 
1,078 posts, read 2,283,163 times
Reputation: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
I hear ya Rickers! My dog's legs or muscles or something seize up when he's out too long and he has to come hobbling and limping up the stairs to get back in the house. Nothing a couple minutes by the stove doesn't cure...

I felt so bad for our little dogs during the zero below days. I have a springer that fares quite well, in fact, she loves the snow and cold. I have a yorkie and chihuahua (my sons) the chihuahua is tiny and made it outside for about 30 seconds. He sure learned to do his business fast. I cut the fingers off of an old knit glove and slipped those over the little dogs feet. Seemed to do the trick. It's gonna be funny when we do get significant snow. Little dogs are so funny trying to get somewhere in the snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,540 posts, read 12,579,627 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
SOMETIMES? They always do!

Well, we've got a foot of "global warming" so far but at least we're in that heat wave, it's +14 or so but supposed to dive to -3 tomorrow Thankfully it's powdery so far and easy to blow off.
Not MY dogs ... we know who the boss is here! Except first thing in the morning, when they get breakfast before I do...

And... HEY! did I say you could dump your surplus "global warming" in my front yard??!

Snowed all day Thursday... most of the day it melted almost as fast as it came down, or we'da had 3 feet instead of 5 inches. As it is, we have 3" of frozen slush topped by 2" of drifting powder. Parts of the high desert got as much as two feet, tho. The view out my front door was indistinguishable from my view when I lived east of Belgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,895,441 times
Reputation: 3429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Our dog is half Black Lab and half White Great Pyrenees and she has webbed toes. When she comes in from being out in the snow we have to remove ice balls from between her toes for her. She has a rough time doing it herself. Sometimes I think that our pets own us and not the other way around !
I had a neighbor once who had two "polar bears" as my little children use to call the Pyrenees. Beautiful faces with coal black eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,895,441 times
Reputation: 3429
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
I felt so bad for our little dogs during the zero below days. I have a springer that fares quite well, in fact, she loves the snow and cold. I have a yorkie and chihuahua (my sons) the chihuahua is tiny and made it outside for about 30 seconds. He sure learned to do his business fast. I cut the fingers off of an old knit glove and slipped those over the little dogs feet. Seemed to do the trick. It's gonna be funny when we do get significant snow. Little dogs are so funny trying to get somewhere in the snow.
Last year I got the Daschunds ready for this time by using a "revved up get command" so here I am at the back door in my snow boots and robe saying "Git it! Git it!" They power poop and pee and all my neighbors get interesting entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Reputation: 15493
Just saw a blurb from the Humane society in Missoula looking to place somewhere around 100 husky pups and dogs. Hmmm, gotta talk with the wife! At least they won't have to "power poop" right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:45 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top