U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,448,772 times

Advertisements

Looks like it'll have to be a river float (I know that'll kill rickers!) since I was reminded we're hosting a new years party.

How 'bout we start figuring out a family float after the holidays? Get as many CD people we can and take over a river for a day? Picnic,'net friends, what a better way to spend a summer day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,866,770 times
Yea !
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have-small-size.jpg  

Old 12-21-2008, 11:28 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,564,853 times
Sounds like a blast. Any weekend except the 4th or July or the weekend following that as we're having a family reunion up at Thompson Falls (on the water, of course!)

Old 12-21-2008, 01:25 PM

As we get a little closer to weather that's not FREEZING (as it's starting to snow again) we'll post this in the main forum. Start thinking of a place or two/three that we can decide on...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,917,196 times
All right peeps... here's my Triple Play report. In short, had a blast !

If you have kids, it's a must do. You can't go wrong with this place (in the winter). Doing everything with the kids was a big chunk of the entertainment. It would still have been fun if it were just the wife and I too. If you have kids and want a break during winter... Call them up !

Water slides were pretty cool. Got 3 big slides. 2 (blue, red) are pretty entertaining and the 3rd (yellow) is for wimps... didn't even try it, both my boys did and said don't bother so I didn't. We stayed with the blue and red slides until my head hurt from laughing.

They are completely dark inside about half the way so when you start down, you have no idea what to expect. And they are very fast slides... you can go down in pairs too. The more weight the better ! Me and the buffalo sized 10 year old almost rolled in the tube... fast slide I tell ya.

The "blue" slide has 2 parts to it. Half way down you come flying out into this funnel and after a couple three trips around it you get sucked down the drain at the bottom of it for a second half run down to the pool. Got to be careful that you don't get sucked down the funnel BACKWARDS ! Crazy ride if you do ! Mess you up .

They have 2 pools. One for everyone that goes from 0 - 4.5' and a second for smaller kids (1' deep and much smaller). Has a big jungle gym in it and water flyin all over the place. Pretty cool. Has 2 small water slides in it for the real little ones. The Raptor indoor water park is a kids paradise in the winter. They do have a hot tub that is half inside and half out. Never spent any time in it.

Bowling... it is what it is. No complaints as we bowled 4 games. A couple earlier in the day and a couple midnight games. Kids loved it, it was their first time bowling. Hilarious as hell watching a 9 and 10 year old chuck balls down a lane bouncing off the gutter guards like they were playing pool or something.

The arcade is for everyone. Most of the games spit out tickets the kids can trade in for toys. I got some squirt guns and a whoopee cushion for messing with the boys on the 4 hour ride home when they weren't looking. They figured out the squirt guns after an hour or so but never caught on to the whoopee cushion . 4 hours of farting noises, wife was real pleased with that...

The most fun I had there was playing laser tag. Never did that before but am ready to do it again. That was a blast running around with a bunch of other people zapping them. Nothing like beating up on a half dozen kids (and other adults) at laser tag. I sure showed those kids who the boss was .

Unlimited glow in the dark mini golf. Only has 6 or 7 holes but a good filler activity while you wait for laser tag ! There's a spot (tunnel or sort) in the back on the 4th hole where you can have some different fun with your wife or girlfriend .

Watching your kid climb the rock wall is good filler activity too... I was going to give it a shot but didn't want to get showed up by the 5 year old I was going to go after ! That would have been a bit embarrassing.

As for the food bar they have... if your just wanting something to get by on, fine. If you want something good to eat... bring it with you or go out and get it. All in all the place was busy but not so busy you had to wait forever or miss out on things.

Hotel was very clean as expected from any typical Holiday Inn Express. I will definitely go back again ! It is a good winter time get away. Summer time... might as well go to Silverwood Park if your going in that direction.

They do have a go cart track too but never saw it. Outdoors only and they had snow piled up 8' everywhere they could get it. They have gotten every bit of snow we have here if not more. Not too many places left to put it.

Now go have some fun...

Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 AM

Dang Stephen CD won't let me rep you (used up reps for now) for the report, will someone else take care of that please???

Thank you for the details, I thought after seeing the commercials and the web site it'd be fun but you know how adds can stretch the truth. I always knew people could get good ideas from CD!
Do you think one room could handle 3 adults and 4 kids? If we go we'd take our friend and her kids as well, we all need a break from here at this point.

Don't forget that we (all of us on the CD board) will start planning a CD float this summer! I think sometime around April or May we should figure out where everyone is location wise and what rivers people want to experience and see what works for most. I would hope to get a bunch of families, nothings funnier than watching a kid attempt to get in and out of a raft and the water fights, I almost fall out of my seat every year watching mine and his friends...

Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 AM

305 posts, read 777,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Dang Stephen CD won't let me rep you (used up reps for now) for the report, will someone else take care of that please???
Got it!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,917,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Thank you for the details, I thought after seeing the commercials and the web site it'd be fun but you know how adds can stretch the truth. I always knew people could get good ideas from CD!
Do you think one room could handle 3 adults and 4 kids? If we go we'd take our friend and her kids as well, we all need a break from here at this point.

Don't forget that we (all of us on the CD board) will start planning a CD float this summer! I think sometime around April or May we should figure out where everyone is location wise and what rivers people want to experience and see what works for most. I would hope to get a bunch of families, nothings funnier than watching a kid attempt to get in and out of a raft and the water fights, I almost fall out of my seat every year watching mine and his friends...
Your gonna have a hard time fitting everyone in a room ! Not sure if they will even let you have that many in a room either. I guess it all depends on how you go about it. If you are purchasing a "package" through Holiday Inn then probably not as they will have to know everything and who as they give you wrist bands for access to the water park.

If just getting a room and purchasing water passes separately then you probably could get away with it if a couple few of the kids don't mind the floor ! I'm a cheap ass so I'd make the kids draw straws for bed space and the rest get the floor and that's it .

Oh I haven't forgotten about the float... . Hell, the next warm day I'm ready. Supposed to be in the 30's next week... lets do it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or