U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 PM

305 posts, read 560,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
has anyone seen the military building (fortress) over by tiber resevoir? 8 foot concrete rebar walls, bigger than the largest walmart. The building goes underground forever. it is vacant but there are generators underground there worth millions. the land that it sits on was for sale a few years back so if you bought it, you got the building also. I have seen activity in the past the past there. The owner told me that it was built during the russian war and the walls facing russia were specially designed to deflect russian missles. it is wild and if you see it up front close and personal your mind is blown away. we also have lots of missle sites in between great falls and lincoln. they are active and always have military personal there.
I always assumed it was some type of military place but it is just massive! If I'm thinking of the same place the locals said that when the place was put out of use (or not completed construction) they just filled the place up with concrete and buried all the generators and hardware instead of removing them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:31 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,324,900 times
yes it would. it is the local party hangout. the basement is sealed off. you can see where folks have tried digging tunnels to get there. we know about the generators by people who live there and saw it being built. there are alot of spooky dark rooms up the stairs

Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM

369 posts, read 931,803 times
rickers states, with respect to China as a potential adversary:

Quote:
Trading partners don't start wars with each other as much as nations that don't buy each others products.
What was that about those uppity "Colonies" and King George a couple of centuries ago??!

China is increasing their military capabilities on land, air and sea at an alarming rate and a country of 1+ billion people that is essentially run by the military cannot be ignored as a potential threat. On the otherhand our forthcoming valiant leader will be able to talk any potential hostilities out of them!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:49 PM

6,042 posts, read 6,412,619 times
Wink Oh My !

Our new Golden Boy will save us !!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:52 PM

I don't want this thread to be moved to the politics forum but I'll take a chance to say that we should never have made promises we may not be able to keep. Formosa and Israel come to mind.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM

107 posts, read 301,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
To compound the tragedy, our illustrous new leader has proclaimed that he will not build new systems, upgrade our nuclear stock pile' (the things degrade over time you know), nor build new weapons -- seeking for all nations to abandon NW altogether. Hopefully when he gets a look at the briefing books he'll overcome to his current lack of common sense.
So what "briefing books" have you seen that give you such great insight? What national security meetings did you attend that the President-elect hasn't been made privy to? Tom Clancy novels and the Limbaugh Letter do not count.

And how is "seeking for all nations to abandon NW altogether" a bad thing?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:08 PM

239 posts, read 403,985 times

I can't imagine anyone on the planet that would not want to see us rid of all weapons that were built with the intent of mass destruction. The problem is that to simply "want" all nations to abandon nukes is unrealistic. As long as there are those who justify anything in the name of their religion, nobody can be trusted. The whole mess in Gaza is because of religion. One day Hamas may justify a nuke because of their "holy war". For the past six months they have been lobbing "simple" rockets into Israel. Now that Israel is fighting back, Hamas may try something more devastating.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,677 times
The big buidling refered to was the developement of a Anti-Missile defense system pre-Carter. Reason for the developement of lake Elwell (Tiber Resevoir). But the program got scrapped by Carter and you see whats left of it.

Why you see the remnants of the small air force installation in Conrad. They thought they were going to grow big and Carter cut them off at the knees.

Any activity you see around a silo ( I lived up in Shelby for 15 years, 1982-1997 ) , If blue vehicles, is maintenance crews, large long truckers indicate missile service, Armored Vehicles and Helicopters circling indicates movement of guidance or weapons systems.

Montana had/has 240 silos ( groups of 10 controled by centers like the one just north of Conrad east of the interstate. ) Making Montana the 3rd largest Nuclear power in the world.

Dont think deactivated as much as just on "safe"

Last edited by hiline2; 09-18-2009 at 05:50 PM..

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 PM

I guess you can take the battery out of a car and call it deactivated !

Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 AM

369 posts, read 931,803 times
Mercator Projection asks some months ago:
Quote:
So what "briefing books" have you seen that give you such great insight? What national security meetings did you attend that the President-elect hasn't been made privy to? Tom Clancy novels and the Limbaugh Letter do not count.

Trust me friend. In the day, not too many years ago, I read 'briefing books' similar to those read by the POTUS being cleared to see intelligence information well beyond TS. BTW Rush Limbaugh isn't a bad source either!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana