U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM

9,535 posts, read 7,831,724 times

Advertisements

The "buzz-words" of the day:
"IT IS FOR THE CHILDREN!"
and
"IF EVEN ONE LIFE IS SAVED, IT IS WORTH IT!"
Unless, of course, the issue effects YOU or YOURS,
then it is:
NIMBY! (Not In My Back Yard)
Art Linkletter was right, people ARE funny!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,528,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShads2 View Post
I started this post, and the bill would have killed my dog. Why? Well being my own fault, cause I didn't register him. But as said earlier, why should I have to register my dog? What happened to a free country.. now I gotta let the state know what kind of pets I want to own in my own home?

And as for what AQHA said about the death threat emails... I agree completely that it should never have gone that far and no one should have sent emails like that. But now you say "I hate to be cynical but I think we've learned a lot about the people who own these dogs." Now you're doing the same thing the bill is... stereotyping the owners based on a few bad ones.
It's good you see that your actions would have killed the dog. The sad part is that we even have to have this conversation in this state to begin with. I'd always thought we were a state of personal responsability, where common sense and doing the right thing didn't have to be forced by legislation. Are we now headed towards "left coast" law making?

Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,287,159 times
I was attacked while on my horse. The pit was raised in an animal loving home. Never did this dog have a mean word spoken to him. It's in the blood. Kind of like hmmmm....a bird dogs natural instinct to flush or point? Or a german shepards natural protective nature? Oh, it's definatly in the bloodlines.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 PM

266 posts, read 636,304 times
i started reading many of these pages and gave up, so this is the point i really hope was made already....

one you start allowing the government to ban this particular thing or that because you don’t like what they are banning anyway (like pit-bulls, smoking, ect) it is just a matter of time before they ban something that YOU love. Then you will change you mind, but it will be too late.

Freedom requires you to some endure things caused by others exercising their freedoms.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:54 PM

989 posts, read 3,131,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdave2 View Post
i started reading many of these pages and gave up, so this is the point i really hope was made already....
You're a day late and a dollar short... unless my friend Jenben returns I have nothing more to say. This thread give me heart burn.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,846,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
You're a day late and a dollar short... unless my friend Jenben returns I have nothing more to say. This thread give me heart burn.
I can't believe this thread has 113 posts.....OMG, I just did #114. The government should ban me!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,528,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I can't believe this thread has 113 posts.....OMG, I just did #114. The government should ban me!
Pretty amazing isn't it?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 AM

239 posts, read 610,096 times
When will it end?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 PM

989 posts, read 3,131,508 times
Its the thread that has nine lives, ouch, now I have heartburn and a headache.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM

5 posts, read 7,333 times
Angry Pit Bulls

You know whats funny about this thread? All I keep reading is that pitbulls were "bred to kill" and that they should be destroyed for that. Did you know at one point bulldogs were bred to kill...and fight??!! Should we kill them too?? What about German Shepards?? Rottweilers?? Oh! How about the Beagles and the Bassetts?? They were bred to kill ducks and birds! If we're going to ban and ultimately kill all the breeds that are bred to kill or just kill by themselves how about we kill ALL the breeds and not just one! And even if you do succeed in killing all the pitbulls, just because you don't understand them and are ignorant, are you going to kill the next breed thats trained to fight and kill?? Because that's whats going to happen! You kill the pitbulls and another breed will take it's place and then another will take the place of that breed after you've all decided to kill that breed off! Any animal can be vicious! Any animal can kill anything and anyone because it's in their blood! At somepoint in history all animals have had to kill something to stay alive. In that case, we humans should be banned and killed because we kill animals all the time! I do have a bit of a biased opinion because I've had pitbulls around me my entire life and not once have they ever attacked anyone or even thought about attacking anyone. If you don't believe me, well thats fine. I don't really care because I know the truth and the truth is, it's the owners fault for not properly training the pit. The pitbulls are a loyal pet who love their owners unconditionally. When they're bred to fight, they do it because they want to make their masters happy. They want to please the person who raised them. There is someone else everyone is forgetting in this equation of pitbull=attack! What about the person they attack? What did the person do to get attacked? You can not tell me that you didn't do anything wrong, that the dog attacked you for no reason. If you were just walking along and the dog just bit you, thats crap! And for the person who said pit's don't give warnings...WHAT THE HECK DO YOU CALL A BARK??!! That's a warning! If you hear that, don't walk along negligently! The dog is warning you! Heed it and either move faster or make a wide berth for it!
Now I know someone is going to read this and say "I didn't do anything to the dog! It just attacked me!" There's a reason for everything. Dogs just don't get whims to attack people. If you didn't do anything then it goes right back to the owner, because I bet you anything, if you didn't do somethng to warrant the attack, then they told the dog to attack. There are people like that.
In the end, people always think pitbulls are devious, evil creatures who spend their days thinking of ways to attack people. They're not like that at all. Most of the time they don't care what other people are doing. The dogs are smart but they're not that smart. Honestly, you're giving them more credit than they deserve. Believe me when I say not all of that breed is smart. I had a pit that would run into walls and get right back up like nothing happened. They all have different personalities, they're not all the same. And what's sad is that even as I'm writing this, I know someone is going to read it and not even listen to me. They won't take the chance in giving pits a try because they "think" they know all about the breed when they've never even owned one or been around one. And you can't believe what the news says about pitbull attacks because they exaggerate everything anyways...and don't you love how they just broadcast about pitbull attacks? People get attacked by other dogs you know!! It's not just pits! I think I better get off now. I've said what I need to and I wish this would change the minds of a few people but I know it won't because the ones that are against pits, will always be against them. They will never give them a chance and that will ultimately kill the beautiful animal. I just want to leave you with this thought...how would you feel if someone wanted to ban your pet, take him/her away from you and then kill it? I don't care what kind of pet it is. It could be a bird I DON'T CARE! Just, how would you feel??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana