U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM

25 posts, read 49,221 times

Advertisements

bigtrees, I thought you guys may prefer that type to Californian, richy type!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 12:16 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,894,357 times
hum.....

Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 AM

I had been reading several others threads seeing that a lot of locals (okay, generally speaking) do not care for the rich Californians moving in and changing things, so we do not need to go into all that. Perhaps I am thinking of the real old west or extra small towns that would (generally speaking) like old fashioned type, easy going people (maybe I've seen too many movies!) , although it does take all kinds to make a town, I understand. Mostly, I do not have anything against anybody, personally. I have lived in many states in this country - north, midwest, south and even California actually for a couple years! I simply thought some of the people in these western areas may be more welcoming to old fashioned styles of living (maybe these "old days" do not exist anywhere now). I supppose I was looking for some kind of loose acceptance (even though there is no need to) in that we would be "welcomed" in the west. Perhaps these areas are more like bigger cities than I thought initially. When "outsiders" read some of the things posted on some of these threads, they (including me) do begin to wonder. Interpretation - simple word form can all be clouded and misunderstood. Everyone has to live somewhere and make it on their own anyway.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM

8,681 posts, read 7,649,264 times
Try Flagstaff Arizona. Cool in the summer, not so cold in the winter. Lots of scenery, and as you get closer to the southwest, more sunshine. Durango Co. would be nice also, as is Colorado Springs, CO.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:05 AM

I would recommend: Less words, more direct questions that can be answered. Your post IMO are all over the board and you are really asking some of the same questions in duplicate. Just some friendly advice.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM

Thank you for that suggestion, Prairieparson! I will research the area!

seven of nine ---? --- what questions am I asking in duplicate? It is really only about the initial post - on any ideas of where to move where perhaps a bit more sunshine would be in the west - and it could be anywhere as there are no limits - I am speaking so generally - if I understand you correctly though - since I received the general responses on Montana, I should go post different questions in different states - is this what you mean? Perhaps I do not understand the way it is all being posted! ------ what do you mean they are all over the board? I better go read some rules or something.

trying to understand the boards here -IMO??? ---- thanks!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:04 PM

Sorry, did not mean to imply any rule breaking. Just slow down a little. Much about living in Montana is thinking thru your thoughts. Perhaps your liberal use of the ! keeps me from reading through some of your questions. Focus on an area, then ask and others I am sure will be happy to help. The climate in Montana is so very different because the size of the state.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:27 PM

okay, thank you seven of nine

Old 01-31-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresden4 View Post
okay, thank you seven of nine
and you are so very welcome

Old 01-31-2009, 04:40 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,154,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresden4 View Post
I supppose I was looking for some kind of loose acceptance (even though there is no need to) in that we would be "welcomed" in the west. Perhaps these areas are more like bigger cities than I thought initially.
It's been posted on here many times and there are several threads deeper down that talk a lot about it, but many Montanans aren't very receptive to people moving in from the outside. There are a lot of different reasons for it, but my reason is that the people moving in to Montana have raised the price of property to out of reach to people who live and work there. Whitefish is my hometown and I can't afford to work and live there because of money from the outside.

Other people like the fact that Montana has been a low-crime state and often doesn't have the same issues and problems as other states. Some people feel that when outsiders move to Montana, they bring their problems with them.

So even though your husband might be "handy" and you might like to think that he will be readily accepted in Montana, that just may or maynot happen. It all depends on far more than a message board. But I don't think it's correct at all to say that everyone who is "handy" will be accepted. There's more to it than that. After all, a lot of Californians are handy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or