Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM

48 posts, read 133,507 times

Advertisements

North Bay Grill has a great bar menu (I like the bar menu better than the main menu) and the Knead is good for breakfast or lunch. Capers is great, Moose's is great and there's a new breakfast place called "Liberty Cafe" that also serves lunch -- very good. If you have a car Somers Bay Cafe is nice as are lots of places in Whitefish or Bigfork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
I keep hearing the north bay grill is good, isn't that the place the chef from a now closed place went to? I'm going to have to give it a shot.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
Kings Buffet is ok for family style all you can eat chinese food. I like China buffet in Missoula much better but it's ok.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
The only problem with Kings Buffet is we have run into rancid food there once or twice not to mention they keep making the paper here.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM

48 posts, read 133,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I keep hearing the north bay grill is good, isn't that the place the chef from a now closed place went to? I'm going to have to give it a shot.
You mean Reds? I am sad that Red's closed even though it wasn't spectacular or anything. It was still a neat place to have a beer and a sandwich.

It is good but like I said the bar seems to be a better deal and is a decent menu. The dining room is slightly pricey and the service in there can be really slow.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 11,894 times
Is there any Indian Asian restaurant in Kalispell?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:45 PM

38 posts, read 122,841 times
No Indian, several Asian, Thai Palace on Main street is my favorite. The food is all made from scratch so it is delicious but not the place to go if you want it quick.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 PM

38 posts, read 122,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeChick View Post
Is there anyone else out there that can provide some insight into Kalispell? I'm going to be staying in a hotel off US Hwy 93, which I think is Main Street. I'm wondering if I need a rental car or if I can walk around town. I hesitate to get a rental car because I would only need it for Saturday and then I have transportation out to Libby.

I'd appreciate any other information members could provide.

Thanks so much!
It depends on where you are on 93. What is the name of the place you are staying? There are some hotels on 93/Main that are fairly easy walking distance to Kalispell's downtown, One right in downtown. Some of the places that are further North on 93 are definitely not as easy to walk from.

I agree with a previous poster about Moose's for good bar eats. Great pizza. Scotty's has excellent burgers in the bar and fantastic steaks in the Winchester end.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 PM

120 posts, read 378,347 times
Someone put up an add in the Montana Trader saying that he was from India, was a chef, and looking for a partner to open an Indian restaurant. So, here's hoping that will happen soon.

Thai Palace is probably the best you'll find in all of Northwest Montana and is at least recognizable as Asian food. Most of the others aren't worth going to in my opinion. Then there's Hu Hot where you can make it your way. It's okay.

A good Asian restaurant would probably do very well in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana