U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM

804 posts, read 1,733,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeels2you View Post
It is the suburban crowd pushing the $300 3 wheel baby carriages with $300 North Face Jackets for their toddlers that I am referring to.
Cripes, this crowd is invading every state! Even Montana and Vermont? Goodness. Where are they coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeels2you View Post
Quick funny story.... The ONLY person I ever met from Los Angeles was a woman who got off of Amtrak and took my hotel shuttle to her room. We called her "Malibu Barbi" She wore a pink mini skirt, everything designer, and carried a Papillon (designer dog) that she swore was a "seizure dog" so she could bring it into restaurants. She was also broke after a "senior partner" ran the companies finances into the ground. She thought Vermont owed her a living yet she came broke and penniless. The people from Mass and NJ who now own all the business laughed her out every job interview! I just think it was funny to see that her east coast peers dismissed her like a local yocal due to her situation. She got a real taste of what it's like to be one of the locals she would have stepped on a year before!
Parents used to raise their kids with something called humility. It has been replaced with greed, social darwinism and nonsense that some pass off as "competition".

Last edited by nomore07; 05-11-2009 at 02:03 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,573,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPTOP GAMER View Post
I enjoy flying my MD-11 for Delta virtual airlines.
I'd probably like flightsims but never got around to installing any... I have tried the Air Force's own sim at a trade show, and it's really cool. I did manage to "land" my F-NN (I forget what model it was) intact on the first try, tho I slid off the runway. Conversely my tenant brought hers in nose-first, and made a fine crater.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A scout was an SUV before the term was coined. 400,000 miles and still going strong on its 304 V-8.
What some people forget is that these "SUV" type vehicles are not made less useful for having been discovered by average folks! As such, they've replaced the family station wagon, but still fill that same useful niche.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:01 PM

989 posts, read 3,127,283 times
A warm weather friend who was slamming those who drive SUV's asked me what we did before they made SUV's. "We got stuck" I said. Yep, there was a time when a bad storm hit and people were getting stuck all over. Now that 4-wheel drives are more common there are less stuck soccer moms. In some places SUV's are a good thing.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,329 times
I have to agree, I can't stand seeing guys with there pants half way down there rears with there boxers or underwear showing. Just 1 of the MANY reasons my family is relocating from Central Georgia to northeastern Montana. The family can't wait. We know it will be hard the first winter with -20 degree type weather but we still can't wait to see the snow. Hopefully, my family won't seem too "weird" to the locals as we plan on buying an established business.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Go out in wheat country in July, and you'll see farmers driving combines that cost ten times what your Tahoe did.

A lot of it is attitude. If you drive a Tahoe because it's a good fit for YOU, everyone is cool with that. If you drive it to show off how you're superior to the local hicks -- that won't be at all appreciated.
How is a person giong to tell if you are showing off or not if you don't say anything about the vehicle you own?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
How is a person giong to tell if you are showing off or not if you don't say anything about the vehicle you own?
If you don't brag about it just to make yourself feel big, chances are you're not showing off.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 PM

989 posts, read 3,127,283 times
If you're rich and you come to Montana you have to look and act as poor as us. Its simple really, if you drive a nicer car or live in a nicer home we will hate you. Trade in your birk's for some old cowboy boots, trade in the beamer for a mini van, get yourself a double wide, and we can all be happy.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
If you're rich and you come to Montana you have to look and act as poor as us. Its simple really, if you drive a nicer car or live in a nicer home we will hate you. Trade in your birk's for some old cowboy boots, trade in the beamer for a mini van, get yourself a double wide, and we can all be happy.
I hope this is sarcasm. If not, then I sense the spirit of envy.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,837,801 times
Originally Posted by AQHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I hope this is sarcasm. If not, then I sense the spirit of envy.
Montana sarcasm is well known for its subtlety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana