Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 03:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPTOP GAMER View Post
The only thing I care to spend money on is computer stuff, I don't need the 100 thousand dollarMercedes to be happy.
A scout was an SUV before the term was coined. 400,000 miles and still going strong on its 304 V-8.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:51 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times
T-310, What year is that Scout II?
I have a '66 Scout that was originaly built for the Border Patrol.
Got the "Big" 4 engine and still runs good.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:44 PM

20 posts, read 46,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Most Montanans don't resent others for being successful because they just don't give a crap about that stuff ! That part of it doesn't change the quality of life of anyone living the MT lifestyle... and rightfully so !
Stephen_K All I can tell you about is what has happened here in VERMONT. It used to be a balance with the wealthy native Vermonter's on the "hill" in Burlington and the blue collar in the valley. The blue collar worker in VT had a $40-50K home and was comfortable. NOW thanks to the rich "Volvo drivers" from Mass, NJ, NYC (same as CA's) the homes are now $385K and the locals live on the streets, are overflowing from welfare motels and the girls are dating the "diverse crack dealers" those who have moved here have attracted with their "social programs". YES there were always wealthy ranchers in MT and just look at the wealthy past in Butte, but the working man had a comfortable but small home. Now the greed has gotten so bad in my state the working class native local has NO home at all! Trust me I live here! Until MA, NJ, NYC $$$ and politics started moving here real Vermonters had no housing shortage, and there were enough jobs for all who wanted to work>>>>>>>

Here is the proof: Vermont among least affordable rental markets | burlingtonfreepress.com | The Burlington Free Press

And here: http://www.vtaffordablehousing.org/d...w_JF_edits.pdf

Is this what you want for MT? Just ignore the "I'm wealthy and I step on all the locals on the way up" people moving from LA and you will have the same problem in MT we have had in VT.

This is not a "BASH ALL OUTSIDERS" post. It's a wake up smell the coffee, see some people for who they are and fight them from changing your rural free state. They caused this "Sour Economy" by over inflating their own market... Guess where they are moving NOW> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2777902.story

ALSO.... No ones telling ANYONE how to dress or what car to drive. I was just making a point that the people moving to VERMONT to ruin it are easily identified by certain vehicle, modes of dress Etc. There was no point to this. I have a Macbook, that does not make me rich or trendy. There are many locals here and GOOD people who have ASSIMILATED (not taken over to ruin) who drive Volvo's. Personally I like the weird dressing "dirty little hippies" who have moved here. They are low impact and real laid back not wanting to change anything. It is the suburban crowd pushing the $300 3 wheel baby carriages with $300 North Face Jackets for their toddlers that I am referring to.

Quick funny story.... The ONLY person I ever met from Los Angeles was a woman who got off of Amtrak and took my hotel shuttle to her room. We called her "Malibu Barbi" She wore a pink mini skirt, everything designer, and carried a Papillon (designer dog) that she swore was a "seizure dog" so she could bring it into restaurants. She was also broke after a "senior partner" ran the companies finances into the ground. She thought Vermont owed her a living yet she came broke and penniless. The people from Mass and NJ who now own all the business laughed her out every job interview! I just think it was funny to see that her east coast peers dismissed her like a local yocal due to her situation. She got a real taste of what it's like to be one of the locals she would have stepped on a year before!

Last edited by popeels2you; 05-10-2009 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeels2you View Post
called her "Malibu Barbi" She wore a pink mini skirt, everything designer, and carried a Papillon (designer dog) that she swore was a "seizure dog" so she could bring it into restaurants. She was also broke
Just for the record, the Papillon is a very old legitimate breed, not a "designer dog". They're exceptional for obedience competition, and very sensible, not just another yappy toy dog.

But otherwise... yeah, that's a Malibu Barbie type from head to heels. -- Funny how the ones who help run a business into the ground are most likely to demand a bit of corporate welfare, too.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
The only thing I care to spend money on is computer stuff, I don't need the 100 thousand dollarMercedes to be happy.
[laughing] Only thing 'round here that's older'n my #1 computer (major innards of 1998 vintage) is my truck (1978) It ain't broke, so I don't fix it.

So long as it'll play DOOM, I'm happy

Old 05-11-2009, 09:25 AM

47 posts, read 115,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
[laughing] Only thing 'round here that's older'n my #1 computer (major innards of 1998 vintage) is my truck (1978) It ain't broke, so I don't fix it.

So long as it'll play DOOM, I'm happy
I see you are a gamer too, as long as I can play flight simulator, I'm happy.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I see you are a gamer too, as long as I can play flight simulator, I'm happy.
So long as I can kill a few (thousand) hellspawn every day, I'm happy

I tend to forget how old this computer really is, because it still does everything I need from it... except support large HDs. It's outlived three P4's so far ... eventually I'll get around to finishing up the iBase system (a P4 with ISA slots, so it can do sound for DOS games!) and move most of the storage over there. As they say, junk fills the space allotted!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM

47 posts, read 115,980 times
Quote:
So long as I can kill a few (thousand) hellspawn every day, I'm happy

I tend to forget how old this computer really is, because it still does everything I need from it... except support large HDs. It's outlived three P4's so far ... eventually I'll get around to finishing up the iBase system (a P4 with ISA slots, so it can do sound for DOS games!) and move most of the storage over there. As they say, junk fills the space allotted!
I enjoy flying my MD-11 for Delta virtual airlines.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:45 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
I think it is far to cold in MT for that many people to move there. I might be very wrong though

Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Quote:
Just for the record, the Papillon is a very old legitimate breed, not a "designer dog". They're exceptional for obedience competition, and very sensible, not just another yappy toy dog.

But otherwise... yeah, that's a Malibu Barbie type from head to heels. -- Funny how the ones who help run a business into the ground are most likely to demand a bit of corporate welfare, too.

Ditto a Papillon is a great breed..geez What the heck is wrong with wearing pink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana