U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM

193 posts, read 408,040 times

Advertisements

I am sure you all get tired of these questions. Hope this isn't one that has been asked 1000 times.

Any info would be appreciated. What kind of jobs are available? if any. It would be for Me my Wife and our son. We are hard working people with good work ethics. We grew up on farms. I have been self employed for most my life doing everything from auto mechanics to home building and remodels. Even operated some equipment, (Dozer, all kinds of farm equipment, skidsteers) all of which I owned. My wife is well versed in drafting and computer skills, has had jobs like, City of Des Moines, Pit Des Moines Steel, Vermeer Mfg, Pella Corp ect. working hand and hand with engineering. Our son is 20, single and is currently working on performance boats and has some experience with Mercury Racing. He has also worked at Napa parts store and knows a good bit about cars, computers and so on.

Just wanting to hear some opinions. We don't expect the moon. We know it will be tough but we are optimistic as well.

We like the Helena / Townsend area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 PM

214 posts, read 530,591 times
Mostly stockbrokers. I noticed there's a lot of help wanted signs at those kind of places these days. How do you look in a tie?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:11 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,921,687 times
Hang in there, somebody will mosy by I am at a considerable distance from your preference so I really can't offer up any advice. Good luck and keep us up on your status.
Montana Job Service Workforce Center Directory
maybe this will help.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbechtel View Post
Mostly stockbrokers. I noticed there's a lot of help wanted signs at those kind of places these days. How do you look in a tie?

Ha ha, Gee I was hoping not to have to invest in a tie, do they come in camo?

This reminds me of the time I was in the city and was invited into this preppy bar for a drink with some people. It had what they called a "dress Code" ??? Anyway, the bouncer at the door turned me back and said I had to have a tie to get in. I returned to my truck to emprovise. Nothing there to use for a tie..... except the set of jumper cables on the front seat. I wrapped them around my neck twice and returned to the door. The bouncer looked at me kinda funny and then said " Ok I'll let you in,,, But don't you try and start anything in there"

Sorry, that was bad but I couldn't resist.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 AM

Seven of nine, Thanks! we have been watching on that site. It is helpful.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,921,687 times
You are so welcome, look over the entire state!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Ha ha, Gee I was hoping not to have to invest in a tie, do they come in camo?

This reminds me of the time I was in the city and was invited into this preppy bar for a drink with some people. It had what they called a "dress Code" ??? Anyway, the bouncer at the door turned me back and said I had to have a tie to get in. I returned to my truck to emprovise. Nothing there to use for a tie..... except the set of jumper cables on the front seat. I wrapped them around my neck twice and returned to the door. The bouncer looked at me kinda funny and then said " Ok I'll let you in,,, But don't you try and start anything in there"

Sorry, that was bad but I couldn't resist.

That wasn't bad, it was quite good, I really got a CHARGE out of that one !

Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM

Rickers I can see you have me in the wit department so I will return to my corner now.

Seven of nine, we are open to other areas and we have spent a little time in the eastern side as well as Great Falls, BigTimber, Livingston. But mostly in the Helena area and think we could afford a home there outside of town.

We were just currious to hear what kind of jobs we would have a chance of finding, if any are available. I have also thought of getting another Skidsteer and try to do some custom work with it. But I didn't know if there was a need for that kind of service.

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:24 AM

989 posts, read 3,133,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Any info would be appreciated. What kind of jobs are available? if any. It would be for Me my Wife and our son. We are hard working people with good work ethics. We grew up on farms. I have been self employed for most my life...

We like the Helena / Townsend area.

Thanks!
I've put a little thought into this, made a few phone calls, and I think I have something that might work for you.

You guys could cook and deal meth. You'd be self employed, work as a family, and pretty much choose your own hours. Pay is good, clients are sure to come back for more, and you don't have to pay any taxes.

Your job is to collect the chemicals and various paraphernalia, your wife will be the cook, and your son can be the "delivery" driver.

In this area you will have quite a bit of competition but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders so I'm sure you will do very well.

Some businesses put as much as 20 percent of their capitol into advertising, you will not have to put any! This is truly a business that operates on word-of-mouth!

The Townsend area is a pretty good place to operate your business as the freeway is not too far away and all the supplies you need can be had at either Bozeman or Helena, you wont have to buy them in your own town and arouse suspicion.

Good luck in your adventure and make sure and let us know how it turns out.

Ps. I know there will be a certain amount of guilt dealing meth, but don't let it bother you. Consider it community service... population control. Did you know the population of earth is predicted to double within 40 years? Mother Earth cannot provide for twice the people we have now! I guess what I am saying is this, Dealing Meth is the Green thing to do.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 AM

wow AQHA, I am sure this is a joke and I can see you have researched it well so I will thank you for the time and thought you applied. We will not be picky when looking for jobs but at the same time I am proud to inform you, not one of the three of us would have any part of this kind of activity.

Thanks but No Thanks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana