U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM

989 posts, read 3,127,094 times

Advertisements

Three bad things about Montana..... Hmmm. Okay, here's my three:

1. I don't like the liberals in more populated states thinking they know what's best for us.

2. I don't like all the wind. Some places are worse than others.

3. I don't like that the logging companies have to go through so much BS to get in there and thin out the old growth timbers. Our forests are not healthy.

We're only suppose to do 3 but I have one more--

4. I don't like it when cars don't slow down, or at least give me a little space, when I am on the side of the road on my young horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 PM

148 posts, read 493,454 times
yeah, those are HUGE problems compared with everything else going on in the world...

Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM

155 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman3seven View Post
yeah, those are HUGE problems compared with everything else going on in the world...

That is the problem right there!! Why should the US worry about what's going on in the rest of the world?

Personally i think we should care more about what is going on down the street, down the highway, in the next county, in the next state.... than we care about what is going on in the world. US needs to fix itself before we start fixing other places... let's be a little selfish for once and care about our own country and it's problems. Stop being the world police.

Just my opinion.

My three...

1) The somewhat "anti" industry view some of the politicians have.... especially when it comes to coal, oil, and timber. We should be welcoming these industries into our state.

2) The people that come in by 20 acres for too much, build a corral, have 20 horses, don't use a single freaking one, and think they own a farm

3) Property Tax.... we should lower this drastically, implement a sales tax, and really cash in on our tourist industry. People will come no matter if we have a sales tax... nothing big 3-4%. This is the only way that MT will ever truly benefit from the tourist industry.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman3seven View Post
Hey Troll, are you going to list your 3, or are you just going to jump others who want to play?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM

110 posts, read 282,609 times
1. the economy- lack of industry
2. Too many people moving in - Either raising property taxes, or not having jobs when they get here
3. There are not enough "good" places to eat!! - or mabey I'm just hungry and don't know where to go for lunch!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:25 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,870,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Hey Troll, are you going to list your 3, or are you just going to jump others who want to play?
Name calling does not further your silly post AQHA. Don't you have horses to tend to ?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 PM

148 posts, read 493,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post

Guess no one noticed my touch of humour on that post...

So my biggest 3 since I have only been her 10 months...

1. The roads in my town(Shelby) need some major maintanence.

2. Since when did kids become such disrespectful spoiled brats?

3. I love it here, and really cannot complain any further

Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Name calling does not further your silly post AQHA. Don't you have horses to tend to ?

Did I miss something Rickers?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM

110 posts, read 282,609 times
cant we all just get along?!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:27 PM

214 posts, read 529,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtboy View Post
That is the problem right there!! Why should the US worry about what's going on in the rest of the world?

Personally i think we should care more about what is going on down the street, down the highway, in the next county, in the next state.... than we care about what is going on in the world. US needs to fix itself before we start fixing other places... let's be a little selfish for once and care about our own country and it's problems. Stop being the world police.

Just my opinion.

My three...

1) The somewhat "anti" industry view some of the politicians have.... especially when it comes to coal, oil, and timber. We should be welcoming these industries into our state.

2) The people that come in by 20 acres for too much, build a corral, have 20 horses, don't use a single freaking one, and think they own a farm

3) Property Tax.... we should lower this drastically, implement a sales tax, and really cash in on our tourist industry. People will come no matter if we have a sales tax... nothing big 3-4%. This is the only way that MT will ever truly benefit from the tourist industry.
Haven't you learned by now we live in a global economy. Where is the president today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana