U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,909,633 times

Advertisements

1. not California.
2. not Oregon, or at least what Oregon has become.
3. the end of the line for anyone wanting just a little room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 AM

989 posts, read 3,131,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post

Holy Hannah! I just spit out my dinner
What the hells going on around here, did you folks think I was a gal? I already said I pee standing.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,909,633 times
Na I knew you were a cowboy, I just was laughing at the other poster thinking you were a gal. Giddy up!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 AM

193 posts, read 407,762 times
1: The lack of humidity most of the time.

2: People seem to be very down to earth and real, at least they are where I have been hanging out there.

3: I have alway been able to tell the Guys from the Gals in MT. Well, until now at least I thought I could...

Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,521,157 times
1.The amount of respect shown a fallen officer (standing room only yesterday)
2. The lack of commute traffic
3. The people on this (mt) board

Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 AM

1,436 posts, read 2,923,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
What the hells going on around here, did you folks think I was a gal? I already said I pee standing.
Aint buying it ! I think your a chick with a Whizzy, Shewee, P-Mate or whatever you call it !

Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 AM

1,436 posts, read 2,923,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
1.The amount of respect shown a fallen officer (standing room only yesterday)
2. The lack of commute traffic
3. The people on this (mt) board
Standing room only... Hell, 93 was a big traffic jam yesterday !

Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 AM

352 posts, read 1,006,126 times
I enjoy the fact that the vast majority of this state is still occupied by Montanans. That keeps it real, and is a necessary control on the areas that have been compromised.

Despite the fact that we ingest too much federal money, I like the fact we are largely pretty privacy aware. We take seriously our constitutional rights, and I think most of our legislators are cognizant of this fact. We get tromped on from time to time, but not bad and have been known to reverse bad decisions. Generally bad decisions accompany a greed for more money.

I like the fact that the dyed-in-the-wool residents here are strongly attracted by the land. We have a very diverse range of weather, topography, and land use here. People who have decided this is the only place for them have an attachment that is easy to see. Also, they yip when it is felt that someone or something is doing the place wrong. Sometimes loudly.

A couple more:

High country air in the early morning. I can't really describe it using any earthly terms. If mixed with horse sweat, all the better.

I enjoy the fact that most of my fellow private Montana citizens are armed including a fair share of those in public, openly or not. The more criminals and Beltway folks recognize this, the better. Could give a hoot what the rest of the country thinks.

Like most places, esp. those in ND right now, we have a tendency to help one another. Most people stop to help someone in trouble on a trail, highway, or with a spilled grocery bag. Makes me especially proud when I see a kid doing it.

A guy never knows which way life's winds might blow, but if I wound up living somewhere else my heart would stay stuck right here. I'm grounded...this is home.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,521,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Standing room only... Hell, 93 was a big traffic jam yesterday !
What shocked me as the motorcade drove by (crept by actually) was even in a snow storm with winds a-blowin there were people (some with kids) lined up along the route with flags in salute. After speaking with his mom I know all this support had an effect on them, they are/were very appreciative.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,598,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Holy crap... you sound like one scary lookin ass whoopin chick . Post pics please...
Sounds like the One-Eyed Fiona to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana