Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
All those credits. I have no degree. Just took classes to help my work/job. For instance, a company I worked for wanted to get into fiber optics. So I jumped back into the school mode and took 4 classes on Fiber Optics.
IMO that's a good way to go about it -- the degree doesn't make you any smarter, but if you need the class for work -- go for it.

That's one nice thing about community colleges -- you can take a class here and a class there, whatever you need or interests you, without having to commit to a full degree course of study.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
gosh it is nice to just stop by and chat.
The tv is making my nerves raw with all the political mess.
The sad thing is i will be pretty old by the time all this gets going.
Oh a brighter note, I saw a few calves in some fields yesterday, two bald eagles, and something that was a golden eagle or a heck of a huge hawk with something in it's talons. Not a calf I hope
Nice herd of antelope running on my way back up from south of the hi-line. It is 45 right now and all the snow is gone...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Oh a brighter note, I saw a few calves in some fields yesterday, two bald eagles, and something that was a golden eagle or a heck of a huge hawk with something in it's talons. Not a calf I hope
Nice herd of antelope running on my way back up from south of the hi-line. It is 45 right now and all the snow is gone...
The reason you're seeing those Eagles (both Bald and Golden) in the area of new born calves...........they clean-up the "afterbirth". In nature, not much goes to waste.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

She received 2 post cards today.......one about whatever....(maybe a club or something, I can't recall)....and another pretty one of the school (the kind you buy when you are on vacation and mail to friends), and it was handwritten, thanking her for touring/visiting and if there are any more questions please let us know.....

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but in January, she received a voice mail call from a boy at the school.....said he was a student there and if she had any questions please call back.....

UM does an excellent job of promoting......wow!
Wurzig..............

On the local Missoula TV station last night..............they mentioned that the Administration officials of the U-of-M were considering going to a "4-day" class schedule instead of the current 5-day schedule.

You or your daughter may care to look into the details of this proposed change......they also mentioned the reason behind this possibility was: "cost-saving".

Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
You have a National Geographic state and backyard!

I have been watching an owl web cam.....she's on a nest in a box at somebody's house in San Marcos, CA. It's in color during the day and b & w at night..with sound. Saw her husband bring her part of a rat or bunny today.....he is very closeby a lot of the time....(you can hear him). She has 5 eggs and one has hatched already...the baby chick (??) has a hoarse little peep...(I don't even want to call it a 'peep')..so fun to watch.....so addictive, too.....

The owner is on right now, the mom owl is called Mollie and I guess the babies are owlets......so far, 2 have hatched.....Max and Pattison......this is just great!

Last edited by Wurzig; 03-23-2010 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: updates on the owl

Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Wurzig..............

On the local Missoula TV station last night..............they mentioned that the Administration officials of the U-of-M were considering going to a "4-day" class schedule instead of the current 5-day schedule.

You or your daughter may care to look into the details of this proposed change......they also mentioned the reason behind this possibility was: "cost-saving".
OHHHHHHHHHH, SHE'LLLLLLLL LIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE TTTTTTHAAATTTT! I will tell her tonight when she gets back from class.

She tries to schedule her current classes M - Th.....it doesn't always work out that way every semester, but she tries....

Thanks for the info, Griz!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
The reason you're seeing those Eagles (both Bald and Golden) in the area of new born calves...........they clean-up the "afterbirth". In nature, not much goes to waste.
Interesting......I assume it's protein?????

Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I too think that smaller is much better. Specially as a Junior. With smaller, it becomes much more personal. Friends are easier as there are not thousands to choose from. With smaller, you have less people to redicule or become clanish. There's not enough people to become a clan.

I've studied in a lot of schools. School of Mines, SD. Springfield, SD. Tampa, U of F. Texas A&M. San Diego, U of U. San Diego U of C. Hell, I can't even remember all of them. But I did learn that the smaller campuses afforded me the opportunity to meet and keep great friends. Smaller classes so I was able to learn more. The friends I met were true friends, not just college friends. Friends that I've kept up with through all the years. The bigger campuses, were just to get the credits I needed at the time. I have 86 upper level credits and 64 lower level credits. No more then 4 or 5 have ever been on one campus.

But your daughter has the opportunity of a lifetime to learn away from home. To get new ideas, to experience other cultures, ideas, ....

She would do great in Montana.

Next, you'll have to figure out where you want to live.
Well, I've already picked out our 'summer cottage'......on Flathead Lake......

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
you know that is what I was thinking, that and the yotes would be having a free dinner.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Wurz,
here is an eagle cam I watch ocassionally,
rickers get your mind out of the gutter
Libby Dam Bald Eagle Nest Webcam, Libby, Montana, LibbyMT.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana