Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 09:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

Just an update on the wagon trip. Got word this morning that Mike had a wreck yesterday. He was unharnessing and the horses spooked and run over him along with 2 wheels of the wagon running over him. He said he is fine, just road rash. Horses pulled the wagon into some trees and wedged it in there. He had to cut down a couple trees in order to get the wagon out. Horses are fine, but the wagon is busted up some. 3 of the bows on top are busted, door tore off, and a side panel is busted. But, Mike insists he's ok. They are currently in Carseland Alberta and will be there until repairs are made and Mike can walk in a full upright posistion again.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Just an update on the wagon trip. Got word this morning that Mike had a wreck yesterday.
Ouch. Not fun at all. Glad everyone is okay, other than the wagon ... I guess it's getting a taste of Westward-Ho reality!!

Hasn't anyone ever invented a gadget to anchor the horses so they can't bolt while you're in mid-unharness? I suppose you could hobble them first??

Speaking of wagon trains, I found a copy of The Oregon Trail at the library bookshop last week (tho you can read it online here). First thing I read was about two blokes who shared a cabin/general store. They split up all the work 50-50, and the one guy was such a stickler for only doing his share and not another lick, that he wouldn't get out of bed to help put out the fire when the place was burning down with him still in it -- because it wasn't his day to tend the fire!!

Which led me to this amusing notion, "States that Never Made it"!!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
The prairie is beautiful, so green with showers every afternoon! Hard on the farmers but I am enjoying it.
My friend in Boise says their first hay crop is ruined from all the late rain

How's it looking for hay and wheat up in your neck of the prairie?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:31 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
From what I hear they are past the deadline for getting in the seed, and we have had so many gully washers that the stuff in has washed out.
Interesting how this type of soil deals with the rain. Lots of puddles.
I hope all will be well with the wagon, prayerful thanks that everything and everyone will recover. Let them know we are thinking about them and their noble cause.
Interested in Wagon train? It is an activity around here.
Events in Culbertson
scroll down a bit

Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
So we're back in MT.. What's the deal with all this rain? Yesterday started out nice and clear, looked to be a wonderful day then whooosh, rain city.
Today's starting out looking nice but.....
I sure hope it stops before we have to load up the trucks! On the upside, at least it ain't snow.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So we're back in MT.. What's the deal with all this rain? Yesterday started out nice and clear, looked to be a wonderful day then whooosh, rain city.
Today's starting out looking nice but.....
I sure hope it stops before we have to load up the trucks! On the upside, at least it ain't snow.
Give it a week, it will be!!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
LOL! or Hail!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM

271 posts, read 460,318 times
Mt-7, enjoy your trip! One of our kids lives out in Vegas- her husband is stationed at Nellis AFB. Be sure to check out the "dancing water" show out front of the Bellagio....I can't remember how often they start up, maybe every half hour or so? Just look for the gathering crowds. It's really cool to watch. Check out the Venetian too and take a gondola ride. You'll enjoy the singing gondoliers!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 PM

271 posts, read 460,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I used to do a pretty convincing elk bugle and coyote howl
LOL...I can do a pretty good chicken...I like to bust it out on an empty aisle in Wal-Mart sometimes, just to keep things interesting...

Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM

299 posts, read 566,232 times
Default Anybody seen my good luck Bears jersey?? ... ( GO BLACKHAWKS !!! )

Elkhunter... Glad your friend's ok.. Had a similar experience once, but it was a guy running me over with his pickup.. Funny how you can go through some heavier stuff and come out fine, and then get all messed up another time from what seems like almost nothing...... I guess sometimes in the end, luck is the determining factor...... Good luck and bad luck .. the X factor in life...... It can't be observed, or quantified in any way.. It can't even be proven to exist.. But it's the silent partner in everything we do ...... Not that I believe in it or anything...... ( knock on wood ) ...... WHAT ?? .. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING CAREFUL .. RIGHT ???? .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana