Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,650,885 times

Advertisements

Yes the wieners are quite brave....
My oldest although can tell you that thunder is coming even if the sky is blue. He politely puts himself into the kennel. The other one is a quiet hunter, quite stealthy. He doesn't point but he can flush.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,990,729 times
This was the first time my dog Timber experienced "fireworks". I took her to the range one day and shot my 9mm and she didn't mind. But last evening was a different story.

She was outside with me all day as neighbors shot off fire crackers and whistlers and such. Not a problem.

But I live on 3 acres of which one acre is in the county and the other 2 are in town. So we invite people to come out and use the acre to shoot their fireworks. As long as it's a green year for vegitation.

My cabin is 80 ft from the border. haha Timber would walk out and watch them lighting firecrackers and such and was curious. But then as the sun set, the boys brought out the big guns. We're talking bang, whistle and then a starburst that would make the fairgrounds proud. I come inside for a few and when I went out I couldn't find Timber. I called, no go. So I started looking. Found her under my 4 wheeler shivering like sick *****. I had to reach under and pull her out and bring her in the cabin. I pet her and calmed her down and then all she wanted to do was look out the window at the pretty colors. Women, never satisfied.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:56 PM

Timber is a lucky girl.
How are you feeling today EH?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Since the wreck, I don't want to get up in the morning. I'm usually up at 5 or so, can't remember the last time I didn't see a sunrise. But the last few days I've been getting up at noon or so. And then I drag for a couple hours but by 4 I feel pretty good. I did get up this morning for about 20 minutes and made bread. Then let it rise all day while I slept. haha It's ready to go in the oven right now.

Edit - it's in the oven now, but here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-0705101807.jpg  

Old 07-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Just listen to your body. It will tell you what you need. You need to rest so you can regenerate the red blood cells. They do all the important work in your body.
Good looking brochen there.
Good to hear from you.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 PM

8,086 posts, read 15,120,772 times
I can smell that bread from here

Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,113,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Just listen to your body. It will tell you what you need to know,
Hey "7"..................You know what!!!!!!!! Yesterday "my body" said to me:
......."hell, if I'd a known' I was goin' live this long.......I'd sure as hell
taken better care of myself in my younger years!!"..........

Oh, and by the way........I'm comin' thru your "neck of the woods" in October.....on my way back to Illinois for my "60th" reunion. Gotta check out those "cheer-leaders" from the old days!! Hee Hee......probably "two ax handles wide" by now!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 AM

If I had known I would live this long I would have found Bill Gates and well.....sorry hubs...
Reunions are a big deal over here. I myself could not even tell you the names of three people I went to high school with. i was a desegregation child and quite frankly my school life was a a big chaotic mess. Schools closing and consolidation and the intimidation that goes along with it.

Lots of Flax and mustard in bloom over here. Beautiful.
File:Flax flowers.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM

The wagon was going by a bunch of Mustard Fields yesterday. Signs on the fence said, "Frenches". By the way, they are now in Spirit River Alberta, over half way to Skagway!
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-downsize.jpg  

Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM

299 posts, read 564,935 times
Default Bodies on the mend .. and wagons on the move........ and angry wiener dogs

ElkHunter... Those pain meds are probably doing more than their part to keep you fatigued.. But you had quite a beating.. Don't fight it, just let your body heal at its own pace.. And stay on your meds.. A month from now this will all be just a story to tell the grandkids.. Think of it as a "sorta" vacation.. Catch up on some small stuff you've been putting off for a while.. You'll be back in the saddle before you get all caught up with all those little things..

That's a fine pic of Alberta.. Alberta's alot like Montana.. Its about the size of Texas in land area, I think.. And has less than 4 million people.. With near all of them living in Edmonton or Calgary.. Leaves alot of room for a man to stretch his legs.. It could be a fine place to live, if a man was of a mind to..There's a singer.. Ian Tyson .. I enjoyed him.. He had a great song.. "Four Strong Winds" .. He actually had a bunch of great songs.. "Someday Soon" was a nice one.. I used to watch his show on CTV out of Lethbridge..

Mt-7... When I was a kid, there was a girl who had a daschund.. A VERY angry dog.. We had a game where she'd stand at the top of the hill, and me and a couple other guys would run down the hill and try to make it to the playground equipment before he caught us .. She'd release him when we were about half way down.. It was always VERY close.. Lots of times we didn't make it, and we had the tears in our jeans cuffs to explain to mom.. There was one guy in the group who almost always was looking back, and half the time would yell out .. "we're not gonna make it !!" .. and then he'd veer off into the woods to try to escape.. The dog ALWAYS followed him .. and then we'd hear him screaming from in the woods when the dog caught him .. It was hilarious.. He NEVER learned.. He kept veering off into the woods and getting caught and ripped up.. AHHHH .. the GOOD ole days..

Elk... I keep thinking how I wished I'd gone along with them on that wagon trip.. I'd LOVE to have walked along next to the wagon the whole way up.. Walk from Wyoming to Alaska...... I've been reading back over all the diary entries.. I really envy them the trip.. and the friends they have, and have made..

tiberius
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana