Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Tonight they are camped 22 miles West of Spirit River on a ranch that used to be the "Last Stop for Fuel" on the Alaskan-Canadian Highway. From this point it was a little over 1800 miles to the next fuel stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-fuel-tanks.jpg  

Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 AM

8,088 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Tonight they are camped 22 miles West of Spirit River on a ranch that used to be the "Last Stop for Fuel" on the Alaskan-Canadian Highway. From this point it was a little over 1800 miles to the next fuel stop.
So .. this place was really in the business of selling gas cans, eh?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Wow....that is a long haul.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:39 AM

I will pass that on. Unfortunately most rural hospitals have big hiring incentives so the competition is pretty tight. Often it is hard for a new student nurse to get on because frankly so much of what you learn is hands on. Large hospitals want x-amount of experience. Please do not think though that just because you are a nurse you can get a job anywhere. That just pulls in folks who really are not cut out for it.
Have a cup on me.... I might Irish it up if I am at home though.

Last edited by Mt-7; 07-08-2010 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: sorry I should have quoted a few post back...

Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 PM

299 posts, read 566,282 times
Default "God MUST have made those little green apples..." ... for the younger members .. that's from a song .. haha

I just ate the BEST darn green apple.. cold and crisp and juicy.. One of my favorite taste memories from when I was a kid.. green apples straight from the tree on a summer's day.. A burger off the grill and some of mom's potato salad.. Of all the tastes that I love, old and new, there really is one that stands out from the rest.. But you need to have truly been in the right situation to completely appreciate it.. On a seriously hot day, when you've worked your BUTT off, and been without water for hours .. a long drink of clean cold water.. NOTHING can compare to that.. But some things DO come close.. sorta.. ..... The taste of a cold, freshly made, vanilla milkshake at a drugstore counter, where you could smell the vanilla when you came through the door.. A perfectly grilled German bratwurst (white kind) mit ein brotchen and German mustard.. .. YUM YUM.. ... OK .. I'll stop now.

That darn green apple was just so good that I had to tell someone about it.. haha.

tiberius

Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Hi all, not a lot of time for visiting as we are busy trying to sweet talk our bank into letting us buy another place we have been eyeballing.
My oldest son sent this picture back from Afghanistan the other day. He works for an Afghani company that does electrical work for the Afghan government. They have had him do every thing from bidding on multimillion contracts as well as doing electrical repairs on equipment in the battle camps on the front lines. I hope he comes home with a nice Afghani girl and give me a bunch of grand-kids to babysit !
This is a picture of the guys my son works with, he says they are fun guys and a blast to work with. I'm proud of my boys.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TDepbQNmwMI/AAAAAAAAB1w/JMhHb86eh8Y/s512/Jesse%27s%20pics%2014%20co%20workers.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM

Rickers, man of mystery!
Thanks for sharing
Pass on any interesting tales of food or experiences they are having.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
I just ate the BEST darn green apple.. cold and crisp and juicy.. One of my favorite taste memories from when I was a kid.. green apples straight from the tree on a summer's day.. A burger off the grill and some of mom's potato salad.. Of all the tastes that I love, old and new, there really is one that stands out from the rest.. But you need to have truly been in the right situation to completely appreciate it.. On a seriously hot day, when you've worked your BUTT off, and been without water for hours .. a long drink of clean cold water.. NOTHING can compare to that.. But some things DO come close.. sorta.. ..... The taste of a cold, freshly made, vanilla milkshake at a drugstore counter, where you could smell the vanilla when you came through the door.. A perfectly grilled German bratwurst (white kind) mit ein brotchen and German mustard.. .. YUM YUM.. ... OK .. I'll stop now.

That darn green apple was just so good that I had to tell someone about it.. haha.

tiberius
OK, now you have to start up the grill. I have tried to replicate the Schnellimbiss brats I ate when stationed in Germany but to no avail. They were the white ones also.
Imbissstand
this is in German but there are good photos on the right to get the idea of it.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:23 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I love good photos. I tried something weird, I took a picture of my computer screen when this page was up. Good luck trying to get an accurate translation from an on line translating program. Better to know each word and translate it yourself.
Interesting subject and shows how bad things are in our neighbor to the south.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TDj-3lHM33I/AAAAAAAAB3Q/qbhNPXh81HY/s512/IMG_0562.JPG (broken link)

Old 07-10-2010, 06:25 PM

8,088 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Pretty good shot for off a computer screen. (Wonder why the image link is in the email, but not here on the forum?)

Yeah, I saw pics of that find -- includes some fairly heavy stuff. Not my field but some of 'em looked like shoulder-mount grenade launchers, light rockets, or something similar, enough to run a well-developed civil war.

As to their whining about "arms coming from the U.S." -- naturally, since Mexico lacks the manufacturing infrastructure (and whose fault is that??), where do they expect the scum are getting 'em?? Black markets spring up wherever there is demand, and the demand is coming from Mexico. It's not like we're GIVING arms to their drug lords. (Tho I'm not sure that's not such a bad idea... let 'em kill each other off and have done with it. Except that they're spilling over the border and killing Americans, too.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana