Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:25 PM

8,083 posts, read 15,082,265 times

Advertisements

We almost had lamb for dinner... neighbour's damned flock was eating my trees again!!

And my tenant's dog caught a rabbit. No easter bunny for you.

Oh... you meant a DIFFERENT kind of hops. *burp*

Old 04-12-2009, 06:40 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,621,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
We almost had lamb for dinner... neighbour's damned flock was eating my trees again!!

And my tenant's dog caught a rabbit. No easter bunny for you.

Oh... you meant a DIFFERENT kind of hops. *burp*
Aw bunny had a bad day. I put a little Tennessee in the ole Easter punch today. Tends to make you burn the ham That's ok lots of devil eggs left.Blessed Easter to you. Have mercy on the sheepie...

Old 04-12-2009, 06:42 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,621,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Happy Easter all... Hope it was a goodn.

Blessed Easter to you and yours. Here is a chocolate bunny to take home. (psst...I found it in Rez' pickup.)

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM

6,023 posts, read 13,994,337 times
My easter would be happier if I could just figure out who's been using my HAIR TREATMENT ! (says while pulling down fake beard)

Old 04-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Devil eggs? What you hatchin' there??!

<sniff> <sniff> Hey! That's MY chocolate! Gimme that back!!! No fair eating the ears off first!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,868,558 times
Hope everyones easter went well, ended up goin' over to the neighbors and having a "traditional" easter dinner... Tacos,Chili Relleno cassarole and all the fixin's.
Getting a bit of rain and wind today hopefully it'll be over by Thursday when I have to smoke a hog....
Hey, I've got a question for y'all.... A friend of mine who owns a bbq joint and I are thinking of setting up a roadside stand in W. Glacier to sell bbq this summer. We'd be doing pulled pork sandwiches,soda and either chips or coleslaw for about $6 per and maybe either a smoked catfish sandwich or ribs (no not catfish ribs)...
What say ye? We're kind of on the fence, do it or not do it..... I think with a couple million visitors to the park every summer we'd have to be able to pull in a couple thousand maybe???
Cheaper than park food, better in most cases and it ain't granola bars.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM

6,023 posts, read 13,994,337 times
Oh now ya went and done it ! My cousins are getting all antsy and they are drooling.
Now they are wanting to go eat BBQ CATFISH RIBS !

Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hey, I've got a question for y'all.... A friend of mine who owns a bbq joint and I are thinking of setting up a roadside stand in W. Glacier to sell bbq this summer. We'd be doing pulled pork sandwiches,soda and either chips or coleslaw for about $6 per and maybe either a smoked catfish sandwich or ribs (no not catfish ribs)...
I think you'd make a killing, especially if you're generous with the meat and people get to talkin' about it. Quick and cheap food that is REAL FOOD is kinda scarce out there! Someplace people park to admire the scenery after a long drive would be perfect.

I'd also offer just the sandwich for less money, for people who don't really like or want the trimmings. And of course offer the side dishes alone for a buck or so, for folks who only want that. Since you'd already have it all there it's not like that'd be a big hardship.

I have no idea what the permit process is for being a vendor, especially a food vendor, in the park -- how much of a problem is that?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,868,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I think you'd make a killing, especially if you're generous with the meat and people get to talkin' about it. Quick and cheap food that is REAL FOOD is kinda scarce out there! Someplace people park to admire the scenery after a long drive would be perfect.

I'd also offer just the sandwich for less money, for people who don't really like or want the trimmings. And of course offer the side dishes alone for a buck or so, for folks who only want that. Since you'd already have it all there it's not like that'd be a big hardship.

I have no idea what the permit process is for being a vendor, especially a food vendor, in the park -- how much of a problem is that?
It's almost impossible unless you either A. buy an existing place or B. give your soul to the park concession company. If it were possible I'd love to put a truck at the summit in the parking lot since there's no food for miles.
As for ala carte yep, we'd be doing that as well.
I'm going to try and talk my friend into this smoker unit AWESOME FIRETRUCK BBQ MACHINE - eBay (item 110375494578 end time Apr-20-09 10:34:59 PDT) to add to his restaurant.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
It's almost impossible unless you either A. buy an existing place or B. give your soul to the park concession company. If it were possible I'd love to put a truck at the summit in the parking lot since there's no food for miles.
That's exactly where I was thinking of!

Quote:
I'm going to try and talk my friend into this smoker unit AWESOME FIRETRUCK BBQ MACHINE - eBay (item 110375494578 end time Apr-20-09 10:34:59 PDT) to add to his restaurant.
Whoa, that's ... unique!!

Prolly not a bad price on the truck base unit either, if it's as fanatically well-maintained as most fire trucks. Two for one!

Actually, it might not be a bad investment, if the rear unit can be dismounted when not in use, for a small fire department that could use both a new truck and a fundraising gimmick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana