Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM

475 posts, read 1,495,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
Ahhhhh.....Christmas in south Florida still doesn't feel like Christmas. I need cold, snow, etc. not warm sunny beach weather.....
I agree, we have been in Jupiter,FL for 31 years now - we use to arrange a trip b ack to OH each year for the holiday. But the last 5 years we have not been able to as our son works retail, and can not get the time off.

Having the cold and the snow just seems to make it feel right, guess it is what you grew up with.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM

8,086 posts, read 15,111,493 times
Who was I talkin' to about trucks? Can't remember if it was Elk or AQHA. Must be hard to tell 'em apart, they's both big hairy critters Anyway...

I'm still a'looking for a fresher truck. And Ford's Powerstroke diesel has come to my attention. I can pretty much evaluate a gasoline engine (how well it's running, how worn it is, what's busted, etc.) but know nothing about doing the same for diesel. What do I need to know?? If a gas engine sounded like the average diesel, I'd think it was on its deathbed, so that's no help. Pros or cons compared to the 7.5L gas engine?

I'm looking in the 1990ish to 1996 range, mostly. (Much newer and it gets into body design changes that I don't like and can't use. What idiot decided to narrow up the beds and cabs?!) Right now I'm mostly eyeing F250 extended cab, long bed. F350 would be okay but don't see 'em in ext.cab very often, if at all, and don't want crew cab. Decided for what I want, F150 just isn't quite enough truck.

Also any words of wisdom about used 4WDs? about half the prospects I've seen have been 4WD, which I've no direct experience with (other than as a passenger). It's going to be more a case of "well, the REST of the truck was what I wanted" rather than choosing 2WD or 4WD.

Hey! who just ran over my foot?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,027,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Hey! who just ran over my foot?
That would be me in my new Toyota Tundra !
Just kidding I don't have it yet but if I could afford a new or nearly new rig that's what I would go for.
One of my grandfather was a vice president of General Motors so my family members were driving Chevys, Olds and Caddys mostly but my wife's dad was a machinist at Ford, (picture of his ID pocket pouch with the tool check-out tags shown below) and her mom and grandfather also worked for Ford. We both have Toyotas now and this is kind of strange, both my wife's dad and my step-dad never drove at all !

Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM

8,086 posts, read 15,111,493 times
Owwww, I think your truck needs to lose some weight!! And now I have flat feet.

Now that is a fine set of extremely nifty artifacts. Would be fun to find some of those old tool tags to hang in my old truck!!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,507,696 times
If I come to this porch, do I get my own rockin' chair?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM

160 posts, read 300,119 times
Reziac,

My handle refers to the Cummins diesel in my Dodge truck. I've been a diesel guy for about 14 years and don't think I'll ever go back. I don't have a lot of experience with the IH powerstroke but I have a friend who has a 2002 7.3L and it's a very nice truck. You should be able to get 300,000 miles or more out of a properly maintained one. I am partial to Cummins. To check out it's condition you could do a compression test on each cylinder. I would highly recommend, if you're not sure of the vehicles history, performing an engine oil analysis. This will tell you the amounts of wear metals, fuel dilution, etc. Blackstone labs is one outfit that does this testing.

A little background on myself. I live in California with my wife and two daughters. Can't wait to get out but I will force myself to stay until my youngest is out of high school (she'll be a freshman next year). We own 40 acres in the Swan which will be my retirement property. My father, father in-law, and brother all live in various parts of Montana.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Default Pic of the "Cousins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
If I come to this porch, do I get my own rockin' chair?
Sure you can have mine. Now that my gout is gone I'll chase down my "cousins" and bribe them with some booze to go fetch some willow branches and I'll make another one.
Ooops I think I just saw them and I'm not bothering them now, they are both in the bushes with their sisters !
Those guys should have their own TV show, we'll call it "All In The Family" --- no I guess that name was already taken, how about a reality show named "American Inbreeding".
For those new to the porch here is another picture of "The Cousins"

Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,507,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sure you can have mine. Now that my gout is gone I'll chase down my "cousins" and bribe them with some booze to go fetch some willow branches and I'll make another one.
Ooops I think I just saw them and I'm not bothering them now, they are both in the bushes with their sisters !
Those guys should have their own TV show, we'll call it "All In The Family" --- no I guess that name was already taken, how about a reality show named "American Inbreeding".
For those new to the porch here is another picture of "The Cousins"
Weren't they in that movie where Burt Reynolds was running from the guys who played the banjos? Man, I am dating myself......what year was it? 1970? You know the one.......I think he went down the river with a couple of friends and maybe the boat broke down or an alligator ate half of it or something....can't even remember the name of it....

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM

Deliverance. Oink oink - ouch ouch !

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm reminded of a joke where an older gay guy hits on a young newby gay guy.
He says "you look a little nervous, if this is your first time ? If it hurts make an animal sound.
If it feels good then sing a song". Well they go at it and the young guy says;

Mooooooo -----------------------------n river, longer than a mile. !!!!

I'm bad, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana