U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,092,913 times
LOL! Ok now I just spit out my Raisin Bran.....

Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM

474 posts, read 872,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Should we hand you a paper towel to wipe off the keyboard. LOL

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM

6,307 posts, read 6,960,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I misread that as "Raisin Brain" and thought "That explains why brains are so wrinkled!"

Old 11-25-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
It should. Those old jokes sound like the type an Irishman would love telling! The Irish love trashing themselves only slightly less than trashing the English..
That's cuz no one else can do it quite as well as the Irish!

Quote:
Howz about this one...

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman were reading a newspaper article about which nationalities' brains were for sale for transplant purposes. An Irishman's or a Scotsman's brain could be bought for 500 but an Englishman's brain cost 10,000. That proves,' said The Englishman, 'that Englishmen are much cleverer than Irishmen or Scotsmen.'
'No it doesn't,' said The Irishman, 'it just means that an Englishman's brain has never been used.'
HAHA!! Perfect!! Probably explains my "raisin brain" too

Quote:
Funny about the Dutch and Germans and jokes, but I can see it somehow..sounds like a great line of research!
Yep... if I remember right his initial research was geared toward figuring out what Dutch people needed to learn in order to better grok English as their second language, and jokes are actually a pretty good meter of how well one understands a language, as distinct from how well one speaks it. I haven't heard anything since about how it went, tho. Should see if I can find his emails again.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:05 PM

517 posts, read 721,058 times
Turkey bird is just hours away. Happy Thanks Giving to everyone!! Hope its a safe and Happy day!!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:50 AM

I'm spending Yankscoming Day all by my lonesome... gonna loaf, eat ham and yams, loaf, eat punkin pie, loaf, pine for the football I can't watch (no TV reception), loaf, did I mention I plan to loaf? Well, after I make the pie.

Rez's Easy Non-Sweet Pumpkin Pie
(this has so little sugar that even some diabetics can eat it)

Make filling according to the label on the Libby's Pumpkin can, except:
-- Double all the spices EXCEPT the cloves (unless you enjoy having a numb mouth)
-- Add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
-- Use only half or a third as much sugar as it calls for, and use brown sugar instead of white
-- Add a dollop of vanilla

To avoid splatters, put the pumpkin in the bowl first!! then add spices and sugar, and mix well; then add evap.milk and eggs, and mix well again. This order also ensures that the spices don't wind up in lumps.

I have a big old pumpkin-pie coloured bowl I use to mix it in

Old 11-26-2009, 04:31 AM

474 posts, read 872,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I'm spending Yankscoming Day all by my lonesome... gonna loaf, eat ham and yams, loaf, eat punkin pie, loaf, pine for the football I can't watch (no TV reception), loaf, did I mention I plan to loaf? Well, after I make the pie.

Rez's Easy Non-Sweet Pumpkin Pie
(this has so little sugar that even some diabetics can eat it)

Make filling according to the label on the Libby's Pumpkin can, except:
-- Double all the spices EXCEPT the cloves (unless you enjoy having a numb mouth)
-- Add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
-- Use only half or a third as much sugar as it calls for, and use brown sugar instead of white
-- Add a dollop of vanilla

To avoid splatters, put the pumpkin in the bowl first!! then add spices and sugar, and mix well; then add evap.milk and eggs, and mix well again. This order also ensures that the spices don't wind up in lumps.

I have a big old pumpkin-pie coloured bowl I use to mix it in
Enjoy your Yanksgiving, Enjoy your pumpkin pie.

You have internet service, so you may be able to see the game.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:03 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,092,913 times
Happy Thanksgiving, I am grateful for my neighbors here on the porch.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:34 AM

1,919 posts, read 2,423,049 times
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your day be a good one!

Old 11-26-2009, 07:17 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,255 posts, read 10,951,302 times
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! It does seem kinda weird going to eat turkey in our shorts and flip flops...
Gonna be 80 today but they say it's supposed to "cool down" significanly by this weekend where they're saying it's going to be a freezing 68 to 70degrees. Brrrrrrrrr
My DW really misses the cold/snow (she's loco in the coconut) so I thought of putting some ice cubes in here shoes or undies or something....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana