Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,513,345 times

Advertisements

[quote=rickers;11804867]Three more you gotta see.
Lawrence Welk is the only place you'll see a pink stagecoach and that Macarena guy may have stolen his idea from the chicken dance !
Do the folks in the last one really know what it means to be "One toke over the line" !

The only thing that would have made this more ridiculously funny is if the Lennon Sisters would have sung it.... .....it was their most famous song and it was written as a joke.....

Old 11-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Nope Florida is one of the states I have never been to, I've heard the fishing is good there and I would like to visit. I grew up in San Diego spending most of my time surfing and dirt bike riding but used to spend many summers with grandparents on both sides of the family. A freaking spoiled brat is really what I was and still am according to my wife !
Shuffleboard and piano lessons and bible reading at moms folks, --
roping, riding, camping, off-roading, shooting and lots of John Wayne movies and Lawrence Welk at my dads folks ranch.
And all those champagne bubbles......and a one and a two.....
He always mispronounced something with his Dakota (???) accent, but I can no longer remember what it was.....it made us laugh every time....but he laughed all the way to the bank....
Our generation saw him, what, every Saturday night? I can't remember the night.....

I just remember that Bonanza was on Sunday nights....and World of Disney....

Donna Reed
My Three Sons
Father Knows Best
I Love Lucy
Rawhide--I've loved Rowdy Yates ever since I was a little kid.....he's always been a bit too skinny though...
The Virginian
Gunsmoke

Don't remember what nights those showed up either....

Old 11-28-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Thanks for showing this, seven of nine. I was just about ready to ask him, ' what is curling? Is that like spooning?'

And it is in the olympics? I had no clue....never heard of it! I need to come to this thread more often.....no telling what I might learn next! I was surprised that they don't wear anything protective on their heads....

It looks like a game of pool on the ice.....

What is the purpose of them (gee, don't even know how to describe it), fanning/shaving/whatever the ice in front of it to keep it going? Are they creating some type of inertia? Do they get penalized if they physically (with their bodies, skates, hockey stick thingies), bump the other balls/disks/thingies at the end? (I probably know the name of those things because they are familiar, but I certainly haven't seen them used in this type of game).

I watch the olympics, both summer and winter.....I can't believe I did not know about this!

I dated an ice hockey player while in college.....they occasionally played broom ball when they didn't want to totally suit up.....this kinda reminded me of broom ball...

Old 11-28-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Thanks for the Curling Video. I think I enjoy curling because my moms parents had their own shuffleboard court and I spent quite a bit of time as a kid playing shuffleboard, there are a few similarities. When we were kids we got stuck with our grand parents a lot. It was polo and Lawrence Welk all the way for them, no roller derby whatsoever. If I had the choice of watching roller derby or the Lawrence Welk show I would be hearing polka and seeing bubbles in a heartbeat. I still watch the re-hashing version of the Lawrence Welk show every chance I get.
But those disks/weights/thingies aren't used in shuffleboard, right? I am trying to remember where I have seen them before.... I HONESTLY had never heard of curling.....

Roller Derby was on Saturday nights.....after 'wrasslin'..... all on black and white tv, of course......

Old 11-29-2009, 12:38 AM

305 posts, read 867,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

I just remember that Bonanza was on Sunday nights....and World of Disney....

Donna Reed
My Three Sons
Father Knows Best
I Love Lucy
Rawhide--I've loved Rowdy Yates ever since I was a little kid.....he's always been a bit too skinny though...
The Virginian
Gunsmoke
I would even consider hooking my tv back up if I could watch shows like that!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 AM

475 posts, read 1,495,985 times
Don't forget the Ed Sullivan Show and The Red Skelton Show.

Brings a smile to your face just thinking about all those wonderful characters Mr. Skelton portrayed.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,035,725 times
You all want memories ? How does this one grab ya, my sisters were crushed when he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVvIfoNBY3w

Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 AM

519 posts, read 1,375,222 times
Red Skelton is still on, I forget which channel, t.v land maybe. He was funny to.
I love Lucy was hilarious to.
What about leave it to Beaver, and this is a little newer, but Little house on the
prairie was one of my favorites.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:27 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,035,725 times
Yup, Leave It To Beaver was a great show, When Ward would come home from work and take his coat off, June would say;
"Ward, please take it easy on the beaver tonight. Wally has been really hard on the beaver all day" !!!

Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,649,468 times
Rickers, I had to read it twice LOL~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana