U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 09:44 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,728,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
[i]OK, OK......I'll admit it......"I'm a "Weather Wimp"!!!!

After 30 winters in MT, I figure "I've paid my dues", time to do a little AZ quail huntin' with my bird dog while this 'ole body still has some parts that are still workin' pretty good.

Happy Holidays to everyone. Griz
What kind of bird dog, Griz?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,910,648 times
Hi Neighbors, I have been trying to direct new posters to the great weather thread that EH has been keeping up. I think it does alot of explaining life in the Big Sky State and quite frankly the life threatening weather.

Well we got a few inches, not much, just dog gone cold. Still I got my Christmas lights up. I am such a kid

Old 12-07-2009, 06:09 AM

519 posts, read 1,221,741 times
Me to seven of nine, even on Christmas morning I am the 1st one up waiting...lol
Went and cut down our tree about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago.. Just couldn't wait any
longer.
WE ARE FINALLLY GETTING SNOW.....WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,899,738 times
My wife looked at the weather report for our town early this morning and it said it was 21 below zero F.
No wonder our heating system is running on and on ! It's 75 in our store right now without our radiator zone on. The boiler itself warms it up just fine.
I just showed my wife those two YouTube videos I posted and she saw all kinds of stuff that I missed when I first watched them.
100 Mbps makes YouTube fun again !

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM

475 posts, read 1,316,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Hi Neighbors, I have been trying to direct new posters to the great weather thread that EH has been keeping up. I think it does alot of explaining life in the Big Sky State and quite frankly the life threatening weather.

Well we got a few inches, not much, just dog gone cold. Still I got my Christmas lights up. I am such a kid
Nothing wrong with being a kid especially during the holidays. Don't know about you, but in our family it is the Christmas Elf (mom) who pulls it all together. The decorating of the house, baking of all those holiday treats - the things that help to make the holidays special. It is a lot of hard work so if being a little bit of a kid, and enjoying the excitement of it all makes if fun - sign me up.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,899,738 times
My wife just broke the bad news to me, I'm not going to get a humongous HO scale model railroad set up under the tree this Christmas.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,599,522 times
Dang... I dunno what scale ours is (the track is a tish under 2" wide and electrified) but when I was a little kid, we used to set it up all over the living room at Xmas. Main reason it didn't get used more was that the locomotive was over-powered for the track curvature, and would fly off the tracks if you ran it up above a crawl. And it could go pretty fast!

We still have the whole boxful somewhere, with lots of track and a full set of railcars... at least I hope we do, cuz the durn thing is pretty valuable according to the toy collectors!

Toy collectors are nuts even by the standards of collectors anywhere. Last time I went to a toy show (20 years ago) a 15" dumptruck in terrible condition was marked at $1500. Wonder what my identical dumptruck in pristine condition is worth? Or my toy jeep with matching trailer? (Tho I like it too much to sell it!)

[goes off, looks up model train scales] Appears our old train set is "O" gauge, double the size of HO. Having seen both, I like the looks of the bigger models better, even tho they're not as convenient for the living room

Last edited by Reziac; 12-07-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My wife just broke the bad news to me, I'm not going to get a humongous HO scale model railroad set up under the tree this Christmas.
Oh NO! It is negotiable?

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Dang... I dunno what scale ours is (the track is a tish under 2" wide and electrified) but when I was a little kid, we used to set it up all over the living room at Xmas. Main reason it didn't get used more was that the locomotive was over-powered for the track curvature, and would fly off the tracks if you ran it up above a crawl. And it could go pretty fast!

We still have the whole boxful somewhere, with lots of track and a full set of railcars... at least I hope we do, cuz the durn thing is pretty valuable according to the toy collectors!

Toy collectors are nuts even by the standards of collectors anywhere. Last time I went to a toy show (20 years ago) a 15" dumptruck in terrible condition was marked at $1500. Wonder what my identical dumptruck in pristine condition is worth? Or my toy jeep with matching trailer? (Tho I like it too much to sell it!)

[goes off, looks up model train scales] Appears our old train set is "O" gauge, double the size of HO. Having seen both, I like the looks of the bigger models better, even tho they're not as convenient for the living room
Old toys are great, I was thrilled when I found a Howdy Doody string puppet, on ebay a few years ago, from the 1950's.

I sure wish I had those Barbie Dolls from my childhood.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM

299 posts, read 486,322 times
HONEY BUTTER and CORN BREAD !!! Now THAT'S good eatin. A couple pieces of that would go REAL good with thick slice of Montana beef..

Hey rickers, I didn't get to see that picture of you're cousins.. Pass it on over here and let me take a look at those guys.. ................

tiberius
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana