U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 06:42 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,564,926 times

Advertisements

Good morning all from chilly AZ! Been in the low 70's here during the day and dropping to a fridgid 40 at night! Actually saw some frost on the truck a couple of days ago . Supposed to cool down to mid 60's this week, gonna be a cold christmas I guess..
Good thing I brought my North Face jacket with me.
Heard y'all have had quite the freeze going on up there? I'm sorry we missed it, NOT!
Enjoying our extended vacation, joined a BBQ association here and we just did a "feed the homeless" event Saturday which was way cool. Figured while we're out here and have loads of time on our hands we might as well put it to good use.
We also found this wonderful store called IKEA had I known what was in that store when I built my house I could have saved serious $$$$$$$ buying there. Down/feather pillows for $8 to $11 in all different firmness', down comforters in different heat ranges for around $100 for a king size (they go from "cool" to "very warm". Cast iron "country" style sinks that cost around $1000.00 to $1500 in Kalispell are $299.00.
IKEA | Textiles & rugs | Comforters & pillows | Comforters (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/range/10374/10652?filter=online - broken link)
All euro products, look to be fairly well constructed and very well priced.
How are fuel prices going up there? We're at $2.69 average for Diesel. Sales tax is taking some getting used to, 7.5% average but we're not paying any property tax, electricity, water etc. so I guess it evens out.
Hope y'all are set to have a wonderful christmas, we're going to Cracker Barrel for dinner me thinks...
Merry Xmas to all !!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:11 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,916,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
we're going to Cracker Barrel for dinner me thinks...
Merry Xmas to all !!!!
Hmmm, Cracker barrel. Mmmmmmm chicken and dumplings, green beans, turnip greens with vinegar and Mac n cheese.
I look at the menu for 45 minutes then order what I always get !

Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 AM

7,544 posts, read 12,614,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We also found this wonderful store called IKEA had I known what was in that store when I built my house I could have saved serious $$$$$$$ buying there. Down/feather pillows for $8 to $11 in all different firmness', down comforters in different heat ranges for around $100 for a king size (they go from "cool" to "very warm". Cast iron "country" style sinks that cost around $1000.00 to $1500 in Kalispell are $299.00.
Man the trenches, jimj has become a yuppie!!

Personally I hate IKEA... the epitome of pressboard crap for city folks who wouldn't know quality if it bit them. Yeah, you can get good deals on some housewares there, but you really gotta watch 'em on furniture and such... the durability just isn't there.

(And I'd like to know how they got away with building over the top of a main N/S route in Burbank -- destroyed that area's only good alternative to I-5 during rush hour. This did nothing to endear IKEA to me.)

Down-filled stuff... the only really good stuff is the genuine Canadian goose down, and good luck finding that. The "down" from China has too many feathers and tends to pack down and get lumpy, and I'm pretty sure it's all duck, not goose. Jury's still out on the European down but the first sample I've seen appears to be duck down, not goose, and it's just not the same quality (tho better than the Chinese down).

I picked up a huge Canadian goose down comforter from the junk shop for $15 ... someone had made it from a kit and evidently never used it. Steal of the century!!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,958,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hmmm, Cracker barrel. Mmmmmmm chicken and dumplings, green beans, turnip greens with vinegar and Mac n cheese.
There is a Cracker Barrel about 4 miles from my house. I've never been there. Is the food any good? I'm really serious, never eaten at a Cracker Barrel.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:41 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,916,090 times
It's chain food but tasty.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:04 PM

7,544 posts, read 12,614,815 times
Wait, someone mentioned chicken and dumplings?? I'll be right over!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:08 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,923,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
You and I would be getting the same order!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
There is a Cracker Barrel about 4 miles from my house. I've never been there. Is the food any good? I'm really serious, never eaten at a Cracker Barrel.
Give it a go!
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu.cfm?doc_id=170

Last edited by Mt-7; 12-21-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: link

Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,958,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Give it a go!
Will do!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Man the trenches, jimj has become a yuppie!!

Personally I hate IKEA... the epitome of pressboard crap for city folks who wouldn't know quality if it bit them. Yeah, you can get good deals on some housewares there, but you really gotta watch 'em on furniture and such... the durability just isn't there.

(And I'd like to know how they got away with building over the top of a main N/S route in Burbank -- destroyed that area's only good alternative to I-5 during rush hour. This did nothing to endear IKEA to me.)

Down-filled stuff... the only really good stuff is the genuine Canadian goose down, and good luck finding that. The "down" from China has too many feathers and tends to pack down and get lumpy, and I'm pretty sure it's all duck, not goose. Jury's still out on the European down but the first sample I've seen appears to be duck down, not goose, and it's just not the same quality (tho better than the Chinese down).

I picked up a huge Canadian goose down comforter from the junk shop for $15 ... someone had made it from a kit and evidently never used it. Steal of the century!!
IKEA and NW Portland, can not have one without the other
Hey my favorite days are spent (pre Montana) at a Goodwill outlet battling over the bins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana