U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,294 posts, read 3,340,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
Mountain Griz - it's so nice to hear from you - I was starting to worry about you.

Now as to my daughter, it is hard to believe that we leave for MT in two ........................................

Found a great three bedroom / two bathroo apartment for her, fully furnished; with a heated garage, washer / dryer, gas fireplace......................................... ........

If we don't have it rented by the time we arrive we will put up some flyers; and run another ad in the Bozeman paper...........................................

Well welcome back, I have missed you.

Happy New Year to you as well.
Well it certainly appears you have things 'well-in-hand'.

Your choice of vehicle & tires is great. I'm sure she'll love driving it and will feel safe .....even in some less than desireable driving conditions.

Regarding the room-mate situation................I wish I had an answer for you.
Perhaps now that the Holiday season is almost over, there may be some returning students (looking for housing) that will see your ad, flyers, etc. I wish you the best of luck in that regard.

Have a safe trip to Montana.

Griz

Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashta View Post
I had a tooth that was bugging me and they wanted 2k for a root canal. I had it pulled by an oral surgeon for $70 and it was WELL worth it! He did a great job, no pain.

That is a scary ass picture ricker lol.
Well, it is in need of a root canal AND according to the doc I've got a heck of an absess infection going on that's why my palatte hurts. I would have it pulled except it's a front tooth and I don't want to look like rickers cousins!

They want $1400 to fix 'er up so I guess it's off to Los Algadones Mexico! Just about 90% of the rv'ers I've talked to go to Mexico for dental,glasses and meds (not to mention booze). Algadones is the largest concentration of dental offices in the world from what I've read and their prices are very reasonable to say the least.

How about a root canal for around $300 or less and then the crown for $100? These are american trained dentists for the most part who live in Yuma,AZ but own dental offices in Algadones. From what I've been hearing most of the offices are very clean and have the latest equipment and sometimes have newer stuff that the US docs.
The crowns are made and fitted while you wait, none of this "come back in a week" stuff and I'm told it's the same with dentures. I've got to see what an implant would run there, here it's $3k....

Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 AM

475 posts, read 1,317,096 times
It is frightening when you compare those prices with what an average person makes. If you don't have dental care; how do you pay $1400 - $2000 for a dental procedure.

I guess I am getting old, but I remember paying $2400 for my first new car. Actually the first house we bought was $42,000. (Not saying when that was)

But seriously; before I was laid off in Aug., my take home pay was $715 a week, so I would have to work for two or three weeks just to pay the dentist.

Feel better and have a happy and safe New Year's

Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 AM

216 posts, read 580,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
How about a root canal for around $300 or less and then the crown for $100? These are american trained dentists for the most part who live in Yuma,AZ but own dental offices in Algadones. From what I've been hearing most of the offices are very clean and have the latest equipment and sometimes have newer stuff that the US docs.
The crowns are made and fitted while you wait, none of this "come back in a week" stuff and I'm told it's the same with dentures. I've got to see what an implant would run there, here it's $3k....
Mine was a back tooth so I understand you don't wanna look like Jethro LOL. But are you really that brave to trust Mexican doctors? I would be sooo scared. Knowing how that tooth felt just *touching* it hurt, let alone drilling into it for a root canal. Guess I'm a chicken lol. My hat off to you, Jim!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,902,635 times
I've been to dentists in Mexico twice and saved a lot of money, they both did fine work. I also drank plenty of tap water in TJ (from deep wells) and found it tasting better than San Diego tap water (from the tail end of the Colorado River). I also never had any issues from eating street stand food in Mexico.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:55 AM

216 posts, read 580,071 times
Those dang urban legends misleading us eh? hehe

Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM

2,626 posts, read 4,950,826 times
Last year I got a dental implant, total price:.................$4,000.00! Yikes!

Old 12-31-2009, 10:31 PM

299 posts, read 486,391 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR,, EVERYBODY !!! ..... Lets hope its a relatively dentist ( and pain ) free year for all of us.

tiberius

Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,902,635 times
Thumbs up It's a Wonderful World.

Happy new year ya all, my resolution will be to watch less TV and listen to more music. Here are two You-Tubes of the same song done by Louis Armstrong and another by Rod Stewart. Enjoy our wonderful world for another new year. If you have dial up be patient and let them load they are both well worth watching.
My wife got a little teary eyed watching these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmUmhFyic9A

Old 12-31-2009, 11:40 PM

271 posts, read 403,606 times
A Happy and Blessed New Year to you all! My new year's resolution is to get back to Montana (among other things, but that's #1)! Thanks to the many of you that have tolerated my questions and have been so friendly and helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana