U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,914,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We've got a convection microwave in our RV and I can't say enough about 'em! We've also got a regular type oven but don't use it much.
I agree that downsizing can be peaceful, mostly freeing though not having to worry about getting this or that mainly 'cause it won't fit in where we live!
I don't know that you can downsize much more than we have unless you live under a bridge, well maybe the cousins can, right Rickers?
I envy you! Travel is in my future, now just to get the hubs on board.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 AM

I wish I had my camera yesterday while on the road. The sun had a particular glow to one side that was more star-like. Much like the rings you see around the moon when there is a rain forecast. Not sure if I could have taken a pic of it but it was unusual to say the least.
BTW my sword is glowing and says we may have a troll on the board
The sword of Frodo, Sting sword - The Lord of the Rings swords

Old 01-08-2010, 11:15 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,604,319 times
We had rainbow ice clouds here the other day (they have a proper name but I forget what it is) -- first time I've seen that in SoCal! Tho we got 'em in Bozeman pretty regularly (much bigger and more impressive, too). I tried to get a picture but it didn't amount to much. Digital cameras don't seem to capture that sort of thing as well as old-fashioned slow film cameras did.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM

216 posts, read 580,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Poor man's instant potato soup:

-- Milk, for as much soup as you want
-- Instant mashed potatoes, enough to make a slurry of desired thickness
(about 1/4th as much as for making mashed potatoes -- start small and add a little if needed, it thickens considerably as it heats)
-- Butter, lots of butter!

Optional ingredients:
-- Onion powder, dried onion, or onion soup mix to taste
-- Salt and pepper, or other seasonings to taste
-- Leftover chopped bits of anything (meat, bacon, cheese, veggies)

Heat through, but do not boil. Top with butter and lemon pepper, and/or a thin slice of cheese.
This is how you make real cream of potato soup, except you use real potatoes not fake. You could also switch out the potatoes with broccoli and have cream of broccoli. Awesome recipe, if you figured this out yourself then you are a natural cook!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
We had rainbow ice clouds here the other day (they have a proper name but I forget what it is) -- first time I've seen that in SoCal! Tho we got 'em in Bozeman pretty regularly (much bigger and more impressive, too). I tried to get a picture but it didn't amount to much. Digital cameras don't seem to capture that sort of thing as well as old-fashioned slow film cameras did.
Hey the news just talked about these, called them sun dogs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM

That is pretty cool, I learned something new! Thanks 7 of 9.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Hey the news just talked about these, called them sun dogs.
Sun dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, I couldn't remember the term for them offhand... they come in all sorts of different models. Good indicator of extremely cold air aloft.

Another interesting phenomenon is a sun column, I forget what it's officially called, but it looks for all the world like a narrow column of sunlight standing all by itself. I've only seen that once.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashta View Post
This is how you make real cream of potato soup, except you use real potatoes not fake. You could also switch out the potatoes with broccoli and have cream of broccoli. Awesome recipe, if you figured this out yourself then you are a natural cook!
Yeah, this one is my own invention. Then come to find out that there is a very similar recipe in the cookbook Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes used to publish. Main difference is I use milk as the base instead of water. But I make instant potatoes with milk too, so they taste better!

Tho about half the time I eat the instant potatoes just as they come out of the box... they are good mixed with Nestles Quik!!

Cream of broccoli? How disgusting! I guess some people make cream of cauliflower instead, which sounds somewhat better.

Considering some of the oddness that goes on in my kitchen, I think you misspelled "unnatural cook"

Old 01-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Speaking of soup, the bounty from the holidays has been cooking the better part of the day.
Supper for a week at least
Look at the cooking in Wyoming thread for some good ideas from our friends there.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 AM

I LOVE broccoli soup!! How could anyone not? LOL even all my kids eat it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana