U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,887,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
That was a mature decision!

How is everybody doing?

My girl and I flew to CO last week (specifically, Ft. Collins), to check out CSU and a few houses in the area. Coming from CA, we felt that everybody was nice and my girl was a bit shocked when a guy walking his dog waved to our car....not as if we knew him or anything, he was just being friendly.....(I've tried to tell her that it's a different world beyond what she is used to but I guess she just has to find out for herself....LOL) We did okay in the snow and I even saw ice fishermen for the first time in my life!

She wants to check out Missoula during spring break....I don't know if it's in March or April and right now I'm too tired to check.....should we bring all our sweats and boots or ?

We've had a hellacious week here in sunny, southern California......we lost a tree to wind, have had several of inches of rain in a short time, flooding in the back yard, pool overflowing several times, on and on.......I just wear my cow milkin' boots, put on something that sheds water and plug in my little pump that I bought about 10 years ago at a hardware store and off I go...I have never sucked up so much water in such a short time in my life! The back grass area is a mud pit....the soil is full of clay here and the ground is saturated. Drains were clogged with blossoms and leaves on the first day and I had 3 inches of water trying to get into the house...thank gawd I was here to take care of it!

Didn't have the best time at the Denver airport flying back....the guy took my make-up bag apart and squeezed everything into a quart or sandwich-sized ziploc and said that's all I could take.......I had mostly small items, but he took a medium-sized toothpaste that was almost used-up and said it was too big..... Heck, I had no clue he would do that...I guess my mind was elsewhere....as it was, my kid and I shared a juice that was in my purse before we got up to the line because I didn't want it taken away... On the way, (starting out at John Wayne), they took a almost-new perfume out of my girl's purse and she had to say adios to it....sigh..... Honest people just don't think sometimes......sigh again....

We flew Continental but the plane was through United, (or American, I can't remember)......our carry-on duffels (shoulder straps, no wheels), were a bit too big, (crammed with winter clothes), so we had to check them at the last minute.....$20.00 each.......grrrrrrr! For the flight home, my sister-in-law lent us a bigger duffel bag type-of-suitcase (big with wheels and handle), and we crammed a lot into it, so we just had to check one in, so, in the end, our economical tickets cost us $60.00 more than we had anticipated..... We got 'free' soda, coffee, water, juice on board, but you had to pay if you wanted 'snacks', starting at $3.00 for a tiny Pringles can, up to @ $8.00 for a few fish crackers, etc.... It was a 2-hour flight.......I think their magazine said that they have to serve you something if you are on a 3-hour flight.....

We hadn't flown for close to 2 years......man how times have changed, even since that time.......
Sorry for your troubles, I agree flying is not the fun time it used to be, heck I would even take the smokers in the rear again.....
I see you guys are a floating away. The SAG awards have tents up, imagine!
Best guess is that it will still be winter when you make it to Missoula, bring warm stuff. IMO it is alot prettier than FC.
Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
Very true.

After I had posted the original question, my daughter and the other two girls decided it was a good idea for all of them, to caravan back to Bozeman together.
Mom, she is going to do great! Good time to learn.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Just a quick note to Reziac. I don't know if you're a father. I've never been one. However, I couldn't help but notice how, through all your advice and weather reports concerning the daughter driving to Bozeman, there was a constant thread of you reassuring the father that she would be ok. I know it may seem like a small, natural thing to do. But it touched me. You may be heavily armed, and off your medications, but it doesn't seem to have affected you being a good man. And I've noticed that it shows in so many of your posts. I'm sure that many other readers here have noticed it too. We're lucky to have you here. Anyway, please accept this from all of us.

tiberius
Ditto and ditto again Rez

Old 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Weather report from the eastern side, lots of fluffy white stuff, doing a good job at covering that ice that I have been cursing at for a few days. Resulting in slips and falls. Photos to follow....BTW roast in the crock, bread cooling on the counter.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 AM

305 posts, read 777,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
One of the few things as a youngster that scared me, the Bumble terrified me back in the day when you saw a TV special once a year.
We fast forward through that part!

Old 01-23-2010, 04:17 AM

I am showing my age,

Old 01-23-2010, 04:28 AM

475 posts, read 1,315,058 times
Thanks Seven, yes she did fine, called me when she got back to Bozeman. She stopped to pick up fresh bread and milk when she got in to town, so if she didn't need to leave the rest of the weekend she didn't have to. ( I fully expect to get a photo today of her building a snowman in the front yard)

Visibility was bad in some places due to blowing snow, so she said she followed the tracks of the vehicle before her. I used the MT Road site you gave me, I had some idea of what she would be driving in. I knew this storm was nothing compared to many of storms that come through MT, but with no snow driving experience I was concerned.

I do agree, the only way to get experience is to drive in it.

Stay safe everyone.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:32 AM

475 posts, read 1,315,058 times
I just love my crock pot, to walk in the door to the smell of something wonderful all ready to eat -

ymmmm fresh baked bread too, hot bread and a little butter on a cold day, hard to beat that.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:34 AM

I really utilize that map.
For anyone else here it is:
State of Montana Road Condition Map
Driving in the snow/ice is a learning process You have done everything you can. Take a bit of time for yourself!

Old 01-23-2010, 05:09 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,930,851 times
Hmmmm, I'm hungry for sugar cookies. I think I will bake some today. It is supposed to be up to 80 here today....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana