U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 12:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 4,710,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Looks like the west coast and the south are the ones getting really pounded.
So far Northwest Ohio has been lucky, I seriously think that we have only gotten 6 to 8 inches of snow all winter, and we have had a little rain. I have been wanting a good snowfall all winter.
They are however saying that we might get some snow this weekend. We will wait and see.
plantlover, stay safe.
Wurzig were you in any of the areas that got the 8 to 9 inches of rain. Maybe more??
I am in S. California, along the coast. I am half way between Los Angeles and San Diego. I would say that we got at least 7 - 8 in my area. We are going to get more, but not for a few days....most likely this weekend. (It was suposed to come in tonight, but twirled around and stayed north of us). They want to say the drought is over, but it isn't. We have a long way to go before we are 'home free'. It doesn't rain here very often, but it pours when it does. The freeways get covered with oil, so when it does rain, we have lots of wrecks because people slide/skid all over.

Our local ski resorts got so much snow that suppliers couldn't get to restaurants, grocery stores, etc., and they ran out of food, so roads were closed off and very few skiers made it up there....

There is always great concern about landslides......especially in burn areas.....it never ends....

Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 AM

7,538 posts, read 12,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
We just use umbrellas here - keep one in the car, one at home, and one at the office.
I hate carrying an umbrella, and usually I need both hands if I'm out in the rain anyway... so I wear a hardhat with a full brim. Works pretty good!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,392,329 times
Gooooooooooood Morning all!
Welcome to the wind tunnel I see! We moved to N/W Arizona, around Parker area. I thought the east side was windy but dang it almost never stops out here.
We went to lost wages yesterday as it's only a 100 mile drive and we had to go to a verizon store. Funny thing, there's not one of 'em from Phoenix to Los Vegas.
We've not been there for about 7 years and it seems to me that the place has gotten really dumpy in that time or as I get older the "glitz" has just worn off and I see it through clear glasses as opposed to rose colored ones.

We spent a few days in Quartzite,Az at the largest gathering of RV'ers in the world. I'm told the town goes from about 1500 to well over 1 million during the "main event" and from the looks of the sea of rv's I can believe it!

They have several rv dealerships out there, some in tents, some in permanent buildings that they only use for 4 weeks a year. One dealer bought out a big ol' country western bar and uses it for serving FREE breakfast,lunch and dinner to anyone who comes to look at an rv.
Tent neighborhoods popped up filled with stuff along the lines of a flea market and there is one huge circus tent (called "the big tent") that is nothing but Rv clap trap, from hoses to air fresheners.
Once the 10 day rv show is done the rock and gem show moves in. I've NEVER seen such a collection of geodes and such in my life! I saw several geodes that were as tall and as big as a 10 yr old kid (one was standing next to a geode and it looked like he could get in it)...
They have 'em whole too and the cutter to break 'em in half when you buy one.
We're piddling around until the Fireworks convention starts followed by a bbq comp where a couple of the teams that are on the tv show "pitmasters" are competing, getting ready to judge some serious bbq!!!!!!!
Stay warm all! We are.....

Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,868,983 times
OH LORD!
A rock show
Pit BBQ
Gambling
Now you should have stopped by here and loaded a few of us up!
Have fun you lucky critter!
BTW I only go to LV for the Star Trek conventions, one coming up in Aug!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,868,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I am in S. California, along the coast. I am half way between Los Angeles and San Diego. I would say that we got at least 7 - 8 in my area. We are going to get more, but not for a few days....most likely this weekend. (It was suposed to come in tonight, but twirled around and stayed north of us). They want to say the drought is over, but it isn't. We have a long way to go before we are 'home free'. It doesn't rain here very often, but it pours when it does. The freeways get covered with oil, so when it does rain, we have lots of wrecks because people slide/skid all over.

Our local ski resorts got so much snow that suppliers couldn't get to restaurants, grocery stores, etc., and they ran out of food, so roads were closed off and very few skiers made it up there....

There is always great concern about landslides......especially in burn areas.....it never ends....
Wow now that is impressive, when I look at the maps does it seem the weather is unusually southern? I heard that the Olympics might not have enough snow?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 AM

519 posts, read 1,217,164 times
Sounds like a rollercoaster of weather. I guess I will be thankfull for the mellow weather.
Looks like more is coming. Sounds like we are gonna get some snow this weekend, but they aren't saying how much yet. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:31 AM

8,536 posts, read 6,351,966 times
It's gray and dreary here, high of 32. I'm ready for Spring. 6 more weeks of winter ~~ someone shoulda shot that groundhod! LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 AM

271 posts, read 402,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
Snowdreamer, have you lived on the La, Ms coast for very long? It must be really hot and muggy in the summer. Did you go through Katrina?
Hi Plantlover~ Yep, I'm afraid I have lived here for too long...with several breaks to live in both AK and MT and I wish I were back in either! We were here for Katrina but fortunately at the time we lived north of the interstate and only sustained wind damage. My mother-in-law lost her whole house, again, and has built back in the same spot, AGAIN. So...are you guys ready for all the Saints fans there in FL? I was going for the Vikings...

Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 AM

7,538 posts, read 12,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
NEVER seen such a collection of geodes and such in my life! I saw several geodes that were as tall and as big as a 10 yr old kid (one was standing next to a geode and it looked like he could get in it)...
Dang, I want one... I wonder if you can still hear the kid after you close the geode back up?

From all reports, you're right about Lost Wages... people complain that it's gone tawdry in recent years. I've only driven thru there a few times, never stopped for more than gas, so I don't really have a good picture of the town outside of along the freeway.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,917,978 times
We are ready for the Saints! Hey, they have a Boilermaker grad for a quarterback! Yay!!! Actually Katrina hit my area though not nearly as severely. I'm a survivor of Hurricane Andrew! Yikes, I would love to move away from Hurricane-land! I just wish I was wealthy enough to not have to work!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana