U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-15-2010, 09:16 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,303,473 times
If you scroll down to the nicknames it tells you the years that they were predominantly used.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
fun little site.

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 AM

4,022 posts, read 2,616,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
If you scroll down to the nicknames it tells you the years that they were predominantly used.
fun little site.
Thanks for sharing! I learned something new today, Mt -7!

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
fun little site.
Boy, I think I would rename the pic with the dog and tent, 'Serenity'.....the water is smooth.....

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 04:25 AM

17,429 posts, read 21,666,576 times
Good morning everybody. Up early because I'm headed through Montana today to Bowman North Dakota. Going to take my laptop. As some of you know, where I live there is no phone or cable. So my computer is connected to the internet via a cell modem.

So today, I'm taking my laptop and see what kind of coverage I have going from Ranchester Wyoming, up through Decker to Busby, then over to Lamedeer, then up through Coal Strip to I-94. Then over to Miles City and drop down on 12 to Bowman. Drop my load and come back. Should be home late this evening.

I'll let everybody know how these things work while traveling.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:02 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,303,473 times
Elk, I done a little of that loop in my travels.
Safe driving, I really like the part into NoDac

Old 02-16-2010, 05:21 AM

517 posts, read 739,988 times
EH thats what I use also, and it is really nice, when we go some where the kids beg to take the computer because out and about it gets full bars, but it is also like ur phone some places have lower coverage. Good luck and have a safe trip!!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM

I thought you guys would like to see what I wrote on another friendly thread on which I particpate...I am my own comic relief today, that's for sure! Maybe I need to go back to the doctor and get my head or eyes checked. I'd like to blame it on middle-aged hormones, but I think I lost my mind long ago.

Okay, so I went to the dr. this morning and then on to Wally World to get the meds...and of course, I spent too much money in Wally while waiting for my meds......it is like a summer day again here, so I am driving along enjoying it and kind of in the ozone......on the right hand shoulder, there is a big, blinking, orangish-neon Cal Trans sign and I glance at it while driving past....I think it says: Community Dog Sledding This Weekend.....I drive on down the road and think, 'what the hail? I am driving on dry black top. It doesn't snow here!' My brain wakes up and I ponder a bit and I realize it says, 'Community Day Shredding This Weekend'...... I am my best entertainment lately......what a goof!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM

6,381 posts, read 7,186,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
...and I realize it says, 'Community Day Shredding This Weekend'...... I am my best entertainment lately......what a goof!
And I'm wondering just what the heck "Community Day Shredding" IS!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
And I'm wondering just what the heck "Community Day Shredding" IS!!!
California is paranoid about identity theft........we have a heavy-duty shredder in our house but some/ more-likely-most people don't. I do not let anything leave our house with our name and address on it, not even a catalogue....(I don't shred catalogues.....I just tear the name and address off and tear it up)... We grind up old credit cards...checks from closed accounts....old credit card receipts....old bills.....anything with our address on it...envelopes..business things.....we grind up a lot of stuff.....

I live behind gates so nobody goes through my trash cans, but many people don't and dumpster divers look for recycle items......cans, bottles, etc. These folks could easily get their hands on info that one wouldn't want anybody else to see....so it's best to shred.

I imagine a huge community shredder must be something along the line of that big grinding machine that tree trimmers use to turn branches into mulch.....

I think I have been thinking about living in the snow for too long......or reading about it for too long......or hanging on the Montana Porch for too long...... I laughed all the way home.....I kept thinking, 'am I in Alaska?'

Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM

271 posts, read 261,878 times
LOL...I was about to ask where you live- I love dogsledding! Maybe we're all getting cabin fever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Q0GHab8rc (this is how I feel most days...haha!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana